sweet suprise

~requested by @alyssa347886

"Oh my God that smell," Emmy groaned, clutching her midsection.

A waft of something unfamiliar drifted through the air of the crowded dog park. She moved one hand over her mouth to hold in the slowly rising contents of her stomach. She took the opportunity to move when Luna came running up towards them.

"Hey Luna girl," she cooed, moving towards the side a little with her hand still rubbing light circles on her stomach.

"You ok, Em?" Jas looked over from where she was throwing a ball to her own dog Prince.

"Yeah, just something smells... different," she replied.

"Smells like a dog park to me," Jas shrugged.

Jasmine and Emmy had taken their four dogs combined: Luna, Moose, Nala, and Prince to a local dog park so they could run around for a few hours. Both their husbands, Anthony and Daveed, were out working on their respective projects.

"Ugh, this is horrible," Emmy spoke, still complaining about the smell that nearly made her want to double over. "I've been having the worst nausea for the past week. Between you and me, I think I'm pregnant," her smile breaking out on that last word.

"Pregnant, really?" Jas asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah, idk I just feel it," Emmy nodded her head, "and then there's the nausea."

"Does Daveed know? Are y'all trying? Have you taken a test?" Jasmine said, spitting out her questions rapidly.

"No, no, and no," she shook her head,"I'm really excited though," Emmy smiled down at her stomach.

"Well don't get too excited. Atleast not until you know for sure," Jas said, reaching down to tickle Nala who was standing up on her leg, "Do you have any tests at home?"

"I have some from our scare last year but they're probably expired" Emmy replied.

"We can stop on the way home. You ready to go?" Jasmine asked.

Emmy nodded her head and called Moose over. They gathered all the dogs on leashes and headed to Emmy's car. Emmy's mind was reeling with the possibility. She had been thinking it since the nausea began but it felt so far fetched when it was just in her head. Jasmine knowing made it feel so much more real and she could not wait to find out from a test.

Emmy pulled into the first gas station she saw to buy pregnancy tests. As she was getting checked out, the cashier smiled at her with a knowing gaze while she scanned all 5 of the tests. Emmy smiled back at the woman, paid, and practically bounced out of the store.

"Got them?," Jas asked as Emmy opened the door. She was now holding Nala in her lap, and once Emmy had been spotted, Nala jumped to grab the bag.

"These arent for you," Emmy chuckled, pulling the bag away, "Got them."

Emmy drove the short distance to her and Daveed's house and hopped out of the car. They let all of the dogs run around to the back yard and headed upstairs.

Jasmine and Emmy landed upstairs and moved into Emmy's room. "Girl are you aware your life could change in," she checked her watch and sat on the bed, "10 minutes."

"I know," Emmy said, bouncing on her toes and shaking her hands with the widest smile on her face.

"Go take it!" Jasmine exclaimed.

"Going!" Emmy said, hopping into the bathroom.

She pulled out all the tests and took a second to calm herself down. She could be pregnant, she thought to herself. She had wanted this for a while but now that it was a true possibility and she could know in about 10 minutes... it was a lot to wrap her head around.