#mealswithfriends

*kind of pg-13

Emmy was putting the final touches on the charcuterie board she had been making for the last hour. It was a huge spread full of the fanciest cheeses, organic fruits, meats, and crackers. As she organized the last pieces of cold cuts, she took a step back to admire her creation.

Emmy had been really into crafting and cooking lately, so when Daveed wanted to gather with their friends she took the opportunity to try the elaborate boards she had been seeing all over pinterest. They were having a bit of a smorgasbord with a planned menu of charcuterie and wine for appetizers, grilled burgers courtesy of Daveed, and s'mores over the bonfire for dessert.

Daveed was getting the grill set up, carrying the bags of charcoal from the garage to the back porch. They had a California style outdoor kitchen in the backyard, and this is where they'd be eating tonight.

Daveed was wearing the khaki shorts he planned on wearing all night, but had taken off his shirt, claiming he didn't want charcoal ashes all over him. Emmy couldn't take her eyes off of him as he walked back and forth, admiring the muscles that never got old.

Daveed took notice of her staring and just grinned, "Hey babe," he spoke.

"Hey," she smiled, "I like this little shirtless and chain look you got going on. You should do it more often," she raised her eyebrows.

"Oh really," he said walking up towards her.

"Really," she smirked in response.

Daveed locked his eyes with hers as he moved across the kitchen. He put his hand on her back to pull her in closer before pressing his lips to hers. He deepened the kiss and walked her backwards to push her against the counter.

"We don't have time for this," she breathed against his lips, already getting breathless.

"I know," he spoke gruffly before moving his hands lower down her back and deepening the kiss once more.

"Daveed," she couldn't help but moan, completely melting against him.

"We'll finish that later," he said as he pulled away, leaning in for one more kiss before setting back on his task of grilling.

Emmy took a second to catch her breath before grabbing the burgers out of the fridge to season them. Rafa, Kim, Jasmine, and Anthony would be here in about 30 minutes so they really had to get moving.

-

Emmy was setting the table when the first of the couples arrived. Jas and Ant had let themselves in, having been guests at Daveed and Emmy's house more than enough times.

"Emmy!," Jasmine called from inside the house.

"Outside!," she called in response.

"You two sure know how to put things together. This set up is beautiful," Jasmine complimented. Emmy's charcuterie board was the center of the wooden table and she had decorated with a pastel pink table runner and strings of greenery.

"Thanks girlie, your dress is beautiful!," Emmy and Jasmine took turns complimenting each other and catching up. They had always seen each other as sisters, they were so much like each other. These similarities even tricked down to their clothing. Jasmine was wearing a white sundress with yellow and green flowers and Emmy had pulled on a short pink sundress with little cream flowers.

Daveed and Anthony were playing the same game of catch up while Anthony helped him work the grill. About 20 minutes after Jasmine and Anthony had arrived, Rafa had entered with his girlfriend, Kim. The whole group had a good laugh when they noticed Daveed and Rafa were unintentionally twinning as usual, this time in white henleys and silver chains.

When all of the food was ready, everyone took their spot at the table next to their respective partners. Conversation flowed easily, whole group as well as side conversations between the girls and boys.

After an hour and a half of eating and talking, the sun was beginning to set, and Daveed suggested they should get the bonfire going.

Emmy grabbed a few blankets and pillows they kept in a outdoor shed for nights like these and brought them over to the bonfire pit they had set up with chairs all around. Daveed threw some leftover charcoal into the pit to get the fire going.

"Ay Rafa, come with me inside to get the stuff?" Daveed asked.

"Sure, yeah, of course," he answered.

When the pair returned with sticks and handfuls of chocolate, marshmallows, and crackers, everyone had already taken their spot in the chairs.

Daveed climbed in he chair behind Emmy pulling her into his lap. She pulled the blanket around the two of them and started preparing the s'mores. Daveed was lightly kissing along the side of her jaw down to her neck. He got rougher as he moved down, stopping at her shoulder when he adjusted the blanket to pull the strap of her dress down her shoulder and kiss that area.

"I love you," he said in between kisses.

"I love you too," her breath getting heavy and her face flushed as he hit all the spots that drove her crazy. She slightly tilted her neck, trying not to react too much in front of her friends but still letting out small gasps at the feeling.

"Oh Emilia, your s'more is burning," Rafa said sing-songy.

"Oh, oh," Emmy gasped, fixing her dress and coming back to reality. She blew off the marshmallow and sat it on a plate to build a s'more.

They sat outside until the stars came up, still talking and laughing until their faces hurt. Daveed kept pressing kisses on the side of Emmy's head every now and then, unable to stop himself from showing his love for his girlfriend. Their dinner was a hit and as day faded into darkness, joy was in the air as the 6 friends bonded over their time spent togeher.