"Why am I not surprised. And how're you hungry anyways? We had breakfast right before leaving." There was a small line in front of the vendor, more people strolling closer. They were little tick marks of order, a reminder of the waiting they would have to do for a turn.

"Eh. I'm always hungry for meat Texas," and you her mind added. She kept the last part to herself, knowing the cuff around the head she would get for it. Innuendos were fun . . . but only when Texas was in the mood. Plus we aren't there yet.

"Yes I know. But we just ate." Texas pointed out. "Why not explore the other stalls and come back to this one when it isn't rush hour?"

Lappland pouted. "But I wanna go there now." She shot the best puppy eyes she could in Texas's direction. Inwardly, she howled with delight when Texas flushed at the sight before averting her gaze.

"Lapplandddddd. Come on. There are much better uses of our time." Texas tried to emphasize, gesturing to the growing crowd.

"Not really. We have to be out all day anyways right?" Lappland huffed.

"I guess you have a point but . . ."

"OH MY GOSH!"

They were interrupted by the sound of a loud squeal. Lappland growled, tensing up at the shot up noise. Texas also tensed, the minute twitch of her jaw as she looked away from the crowd. A little girl was running up to them, cat tail swinging behind her eagerly. From her small stature and owlish grey eyes Lappland figured her to be around eight years old, though the innocence of her smile and the patchwork dress she wore suggested a peaceful upbringing neither her or Texas had ever really had. And when those small, puffy fingers tugged at Texas's shorts excitedly the tense part of her rolled away. The child was no threat; she was a nuisance.

"Hello there. Is there something you need?" Texas leaned forward slightly, peering at the girl in confusion. Well, that crossed off the option of the two knowing each other. Lappland watched the pair interact with mild annoyance, keeping Texas's hand hostage lest the other forget their plans during this pop up interruption.

"You're that lady from the other day! The one who fought the tiger lady! You were so cool!" The girl was practically foaming with happiness. It was as though she had met her great role model seen on television.

Tiger lady. Well that explains just about nothing. She looked to Texas for clarification, surprised to see a slight flush to her face. Embarrassment was an unusual thing to see from the dark haired wolf, the same could be said of strip teasing and getting drunk. There was indeed a long list of things Texas did when in the mood alone.

"Er . . . Yes. That was me. But I'd rather not talk about it. My actions weren't exactly . . . the best way to settle the situation at the time."

"Nuh uh! It was cool. I wanna fight too but Momma says its bad for me."

Texas cleared her throat. Awkwardness shrouded her bent shoulders, flat tail keeping still as she let out a slow exhale. "It is bad for me. Lappland, back me up here."

Those big eyes were on her now, wild hair billowing behind the child despite the bows pinned into it, the rosy pink variety cute but perhaps overstated in the amount embedded. A sly smile perked her lips as she gave her response. "I don't know Texas . . ." At Texas's heavy frown, she persisted. "Though I guess I can say violence isn't the answer."

"See. There you have it."

"It's the question." Lappland continued.

"Wait what?" The little girl was flummoxed, and as was Texas. The head tilt was really cute. She almost hated that her next words would send it reeling.