"I'll do my best not to." She told them.

It was as close to a promise she could manage.

Can't say I won't laugh if I don't even know what this is about. False promises are a bitch.

"See. Lappland's cooperatin' so ya should do the same." Croissant pressed.

"Alright alright. I'll tell you. I, um, well, I want to learn how to use a weapon. I want to fight."

Of all the things she might have guessed, this wasn't on the list.

"Oh."

"O-oh? Do you think it's a bad idea?"

"Never said that."

"But you did say oh." Croissant pointed out. "I don't think there's nothin' wrong with it. Though it'll be somethin' we'll all have to get used to should you decide to do combative fighting from now on."

The second part was directed at Sora. The pop star's portable microphone was strapped to her belt, as was her communicator. Lappland supposed it was akin to her magical swords in terms of significance. Though I'd never go out into battle with a piece of metal like that by choice. Howling wolves liked, but otherwise there was no need for music. At least, that was the way the wolves in the wilderness lived. Wild and free; no responsibilities aside from pack law chaining them down. She knew it was different for city wolves, the shift in rules a hard fought battle for her to accept amongst all the other changes in her life when she decided to stay with Texas for good.

"Yes, I did say oh, but only because I was surprised. I didn't mean it to be cruel." Lappland told them.

"But you did say you were surprised. Why? Do you not think I can—"

"Do I not think you can?" Lappland finished for Sora, cutting her off mid-sentence.

Sora nodded. "Yes."

"Where Texas and I are from, everyone is taught that there is a weapon out there waiting for them. Something they are destined to find and bond with. But no one ever says what form that weapon will take because every soul is different and it's important to remember that."

Croissant tilted her head thoughtfully. "So what you're saying is . . ."

Lappland faced Sora, silver eyes boring the faux wolf's, drifting down subtly to the microphone. "What I'm saying is that there is a weapon out there for you," if you haven't already found it, "and I'm sure you'll find it. Or, should I say I'm sure it'll find you."

Ding.

The elevator halted as the dimmed hallway lighting spilled back in through the formed opening.

They had arrived.

*****

Texas carefully closed the door to her room, the locking of the door barely audible.

I can't wait any longer.

The letter was in her hands without sparse searching. The crisp envelope sat on her lap as she took a seat on her and Lappland's bed. Despite having many different bedrooms to at their disposal, she doubted Lappland would want to be anywhere else than with her. The white wolf's presence comforted her in a way few others managed. I'm lucky to have her here.

The bold A on the white paper glared up at her dauntingly.

Texas sighed, grabbing the letter opener she had stashed in the drawer for this occasion.

"What do you have to say to me?" She mumbled aloud.

The suspense ate away at her, gnawing at the already troubled intestines protesting the lack of food. It was breakfast time. She should be with the others eating. But instead she was here, doing this. But I've put this off long enough. I can't just ignore it. That would be wrong.