14

"If you just ruined things between us I swear-"

"Just go, explain to my sister that this is all my doing. I'm sorry Nathaniel."

Nate runs out of the doors and on to the street. He holds his arm out for a taxi, getting more and more anxious every second a car wouldn't stop for him. He jumps in one the second it stops for him, yelling out the address to their old apartment building, he knows she always goes there to get away. He called his mother, explaining that the two of them would just pick Charli up instead of having her drop him off. She had no problem with that, as Anne had a little gift for them. If only she knew what they were going through.

Chloe opened her eyes, looking up to see that she was laying on Dan's chest. She doesn't remember ever laying down, she doesn't even remember falling asleep. Dan wakes up when he feels her head lift off of him, he looks down to her, smiling with pity. Chloe sat up, making him sad. He wanted her to lay with him longer. She checked the clock on her phone, and it was probably her first time checking her phone all day. The amount of text messages and the blast she missed were bizarre.

"I should call Anne, let her know that I'll just pick up Charli since no ones home." Dan watched Chloe as she went to make a phone call in the kitchen. He picked up his phone, seeing that he had a couple of missed calls from Serena and some from Blair as well. He and Blair have somehow became friends, secret friends. The two too embarrassed to say it out loud. "She told me that Nate already called, saying he and I would pick him up. Together." She shook her head, sitting next to Dan. "I just don't get it. Why would he even go on a date with her. One of my biggest competitions. To spite me? To embarrass me socially?"

"Because he doesn't love you Chloe." He spoke firmly, hoping he would finally get his point across. "You don't do that to the people you love."

"How could he not love me?" Dan's heart broke from the sight, tears in her eyes as she wondered why she would never be good enough. "I gave him a son, I gave him a life, Charli is our whole world. How could he do this to us?"

Nate ran into the building, yelling a greeting to Pascal before running into the elevator.

"I love you Chloe." Chloe looks to Dan through her eyelashes. "I would never treat you like this. I want to take care of you, and take care of Charli. I'll be the man you need me to be." He scoots closer to her, pushing her hair out of her face. "And it's okay if you don't love me now, you can learn to love me. I'll treat you good." He leans in.

Nate almost ran into and over a family, he apologizes profusely before going down the hall, staring straight at the door to their old home.

"Can I?" He whispers, Chloe doesn't say anything. The closer he gets, the harder her heart pumped. She didn't want this, all she could think about is Nate. Maybe there's another side to this? I can't keep acting like I'm in high school anymore, I need to take my problems head on. Dan's lips touch hers softly, his eyes closer but hers stay wide open. She didn't have the courage to kiss back. Before she could pull away and deny him, the door swings open. They look over, still in the same position. Nate charges to Dan, making Dan stand. Chloe stands in between the two, which almost resulted with Nate knocking her over.

"I'll break your jaw right now Humphrey." Nate pushes against Chloe's hand that was pushing him back on his chest.

"Go ahead, but this time I'm fighting back." Dan clenched his jaw, Chloe pushes Nate back forcefully.

"How could you do this to me Chloe?! How the hell could you kiss him and touch him, as if you don't have a boyfriend." Nate screamed at her, she flinches and Dan notices, getting angrier. "You've cheated on me, as if we don't have a son together."