18

Charles saw red. The future blood of Carter soon to be on his hands. He had seen Chloe and Carter on gossip girl, what the hell is here doing near her and why wasn't she doing anything to get away? He smelt his father all over this, he expected nothing more from him. Charles then smirked, he had a brilliant plan, to kill two birds with 1 stone. Well in this case, to kill one guy with two problems. He was driving in his limo when Carter caught his eyes. He quickly pulled his phone and recorded him. Ironically he was walking in front of Blair's building. His mind, no one could understand. Well, except Blair.

Chloe was getting ready in her gown, Margaret helping her and smiling to herself. Though Chloe's week couldn't get any worse, she looked absolutely stunning in her red ball gown. Chuck would be on his way to take pictures soon. Chloe prayed that Jai would show up randomly, but that only happens in movies. She sighs when she sees Carter in her mirror, poking his head into her room. Margaret loses the smile, glaring with anger at him. He seemed to notice, his whole face turning red with guilt. Chloe turns around and hugs Margaret tightly.

"I love you sweetheart." Margaret whispers before pulling away, walking swiftly pass Carter. Chloe keeps her eyes on the floor, Carter walks up to her and takes her hand. He kisses the top gently, staring up at her.

"You are...beautiful." He whispers, her heart races in fear. Would he hurt her again if she didn't take the compliment? Would he think she's leading him on if she did take it? Before she could say anything Chuck walked into the room. He couldn't tell if Carter was doing all of this because he actually cared and was sorry, or to make her shut up and not tell anyone. Either way Chuck doesn't trust him and never will. Bart walked into a couple of seconds after Chuck, making Chuck glare at him. Bart clears his throat.

"Are we all ready for pictures?" Carter and Chloe go first, of course her father went all out with a professional photographer. They all head to their location near the ball, and start to take their pictures. "Chloe, for the love of god, smile." Bart was irritated. What did he expect? His daughter wasn't able to show any type of emotion around him anymore, or he would betray her exactly how he did. Chloe's face moved ever so slightly. Bart sighed.

(Not her dress yet, just for the picture

(Not her dress yet, just for the picture.)

Carter brought his arm around the girl, resting it on her hip. Chuck so badly wanted to punch the guy, but he'll save that action for later. He won't be doing the punching, trust me. Next it was Chloe and Chucks turn. Chuck whispered something in the miserable girls ear. She burst out laughing and the photographer cheers with laughter.

(Not kissing, whispering in ear and THIS is her dress)Once they're all done, Carter takes her hand and leads her into the balls room

Once they're all done, Carter takes her hand and leads her into the balls room. He felt like the luckiest man out of everyone. Chloe felt cursed. Blair and Serena were talking, laughing until the two walked into the room. They were angered, confused. Nate was hot with anger. He glared at Carter with pure hatred. First Blair, now Chloe who he hurt! No way would he let him get away with this. As they all stood in lines, Chloe stayed to herself. Chloe was a naturally quiet girl, but usually she puts her input in every now and then. As Nate and Chuck walk up the stares they glare at Nate.

"What is he doing here??" Nate asks.

"Carters clever, he's using Chloe as a cover. It's not the time yet." Chuck smirks, his plan was falling right into place. Nate stares at Carter as he walks up the stares. Chloe looks at the both of them, curious on what would happen. Carter tries to apologize with everything he's done, Nate cuts him off. Just as Carter was going to continue speaking, it was time for the woman to introduce all of them.

"Chloe Dawn Bass. Daughter of Bart Bass. Escorted by Carter Baizen. Chloe will pursue her career in musical theatre, applying to Juilliard class of 2013." Chloe scrunches her eyebrows in confusion. She averts her eyes to her father who was red in the face. She hears a chuckle next to her, it was Carter? "Chloe will continue to summer in Australia and give her time and energy to animal and orphan centers." Everybody claps, not noticing the error in her card. Chuck was shocked, he knew neither Chloe nor his father wrote that. He wished he would've came up with the idea, he knows how much Chloe would love to audition for Juilliard. Next was the cotillion. Carter and Chloe pair up, walking to each other then dancing around the dance floor.

"Thank you." Was all Chloe whispered, they weren't suppose to talk for this part, only dance.

"For what?" Carter asks, surprised she was talking to him. He really did mean everything he had said to her, and he will continue to pay for it for the rest of his life. He doesn't expect Chloe to forgive him, at all. She didn't answer him, they just continued to dance, until everybody switched partners. She spun and turned into Nate's arms. She loved his embrace, she felt so safe.

"Has her hurt you? Did he say anything?" Though Chloe loves Nate, she was still upset with him. She knew it wouldn't end with her and Nate as one, she got her hopes up. "Chlo?" She sighed.

"You lied to me Nate." Before he could say anything Chuck whispered in his ear.

"He just told her what he's going to do to her later." Nate let's go of Chloe, Chloe watches embarrassed as he goes. He whispers something to Carter before punching him. Chloe gasps and runs over to the two. Blair complains that they ripped her dress and Serena takes her away. The 4 guys drag Nate and Carter away, Chloe follows trying to get them to stop. Once they're outside of the ballroom, Nate goes away to find Blair, forgetting that he and Chloe were in the middle of a conversation. Carters lip was bleeding, he was going to wipe it away but Chloe does it for him, surprising him.

"Are you okay?" Chloe asks, Carter shakes his head.

"One hit won't kill me." Carter chuckles, making the girl smile slightly. "Look Chloe I'm really sorry for everything."

"I know." Was all she said, before walking away. She walks back into the room, Chuck roaming around everywhere. "Charles what are you doing?" She giggled. She follows him as he gestures her too.

"Hey have you seen Blair Waldorf?" He asks a girl who was walking down the stairs, she points upward. Chuck runs up them, Chloe walking slowly as she didn't want to fall but soon she stops herself before she could be seen. Nate winks at Chuck, as he and Blair are making out. They enter the next room, almost swallowing each other.

Spotted - Chuck Bass losing something no one knew he had to begin with. Chloe Bass, losing something everyone knew she wanted.