14

Chloe and Jai are walking to the penthouse that Blair has gotten for her birthday party

Chloe and Jai are walking to the penthouse that Blair has gotten for her birthday party. Blair was turning 17 years old, and Chloe was very excited for new beginning for her. As they were walking and talking about almost everything, Chloe sees Jenny and Nate. Oh brother. Nate was talking to Jenny until he sees Chloe. His eyes wander her body. He loved how fit the dress was on his beautiful body. He didn't even notice the man next to her. Chloe sighs and smiles at Jenny.

"Hey Jen." Chloe hugs the girl, Jenny smiles like crazy. She would never get used to the Chloe Bass hugging her.

"Who's this?" Nate asks, not even hiding his jealousy. Jai chuckles, just like how he did at the masquerade party, making Nate remember all over again. "What's he doing here?"

"Blair invited the both of us to her birthday party, a party where you should be, standing with her and celebrating." Chloe snaps back, she couldn't believe Nate wasn't even making an effort. He continued to stare at Jai, who knew he was intimidating Nate. The man Chloe loves, she can't have so she has to do better for herself and move on. Nate tries to study Chloe's face. He wished he had just broke things off with Blair sooner, that way he can finally be with her.

 He wished he had just broke things off with Blair sooner, that way he can finally be with her

"We should go." She intertwines her fingers with Jai's and walks into the hotel building. Nate was livid, but there was nothing he could do. Chloe and Jai get to the penthouse and Chloe immediately runs to the sushi, making Jai laugh. He really did like this girl, she was full of life yet so quiet. He loved how intelligent she was, but never made him feel stupid. Once Chloe is done stuffing her face, and forcing Jai to try new things, they walk around to say hi to everybody. She yells a hello to Serena as she's playing guitar hero.

"Fancy seeing you here Humphrey!" Chloe jokes, Dan chuckles and the girl near him gives her a dirty look.

"Yeah well, I just love soirées with dead fish everywhere." He says sarcastically making Chloe laugh. "This is Vanessa." He point to the girl that glares. Chloe sticks her hand out and smiles, to which Vanessa didn't take.

"I'm Chloe, this is Jai!" Chloe smiles up to Jai. Nothing could ruin this night, not with Jai by her side. Vanessa didn't trust Chloe, Dan had told her that she were a Bass and to Vanessa, every Bass is the same. The two continue to walk around, but decided to see the outside view. There she finally saw Blair and...Chuck? "Happy birthday!!!" Chloe smiles and hugs Blair. Blair holds her tightly, not wanting to let go. Blair has been waiting for Nate since the party started. By 12:00 he would call her surely, right? Blair knew that if Nate and her weren't together, he would run into Chloe's arms. In a way, she was not upset at all. She loved Nate but she only wanted him to be happy. If it weren't with her, at least it would be with someone she knew that could fulfill his needs, but she would never admit this out loud. Then again, Blair really liked Jai for Chloe. Once Chloe let's go, Jai gives her a present that the two had picked out. It was a Tiffany's necklace with beautiful diamonds on it. Blair has been eyeing it since it came out so Chloe decided to get it for her. "Hello brother." They kiss each other on the cheek.

"You must be Jai." Chuck smirks, oh hell. Chloe was dreading this part. "I'm Chloe's older brother Charles, and it is only by ear that I hear you fancy my little sister? Just know, I'll be around 24/7, you'll never see the end of me when you're with her." Chloe rolled her eyes, Chuck only hoped to embarrass him.

"I very much do fancy her." Chuck cocked his eyebrow quickly. He wasn't expecting him to admit it, no guy was good enough for Chloe in his eyes but maybe this guy was. "I know what I want, and I go after it." He smiles down at Chloe, Chloe blushes making Chuck gag.

"I knew there was something I liked about you Aussi!" Blair says, patting his chest.

Meanwhile, Nate and Jenny were on steps talking about everything. Nate confessed that he was truly over Serena, and his parents only wanted him to stay with Blair because of his father needed it.

"So...what about Chloe?" Jenny didn't want to bring it up, but she had to! The young girl was curious and needed to know. This whole thing was like a story to her, and she wants to know badly how it ends. Nate sighs, chuckling.

"I really messed it up. I pushed her right into his arms." Jenny looks at him sadly. She knew a thing or two about Chloe, and she knows she never gives up on the people she loves.

"Look Nate, every time you're around Chloe I see the way she looks at you. I see how she acts around you and I definitely knew for the longest time that she thought you were the one." Jenny blurts out, "don't give up now because that's what she's expecting you to do. End things with Blair, and start new with Chloe. Prove Chloe wrong; you're still the same good guy you have been, just with a couple of bumps along the way." Nate looks at her shocked, but shows his famous side smile.

"Thank you."

Back at Blair's, it was time to blow out the candles but Blair ran away. She was very upset about Nate never showing up. She thought they could start over, she hoped he would realize that she was the one, yet deep down she knew she wasn't and never will be. Chloe wished she could do anything to make her feel better but she couldn't. She didn't feel right, talking to Blair about Nate. After everything that happened, she couldn't come face to face with the situation. Serena and Chloe look at each other before agreeing to check on her to the room she ran in. Serena pushes the door open and sees Blair making out with,

"Charles?!" Chloe whispers.

That, surely, ruined her night.