4

"Chuck what are we doing here?" After a full night of Chloe crying her eyes out, and Nate not even having the decency of coming home, Chuck decided to show her their new home

"Chuck what are we doing here?" After a full night of Chloe crying her eyes out, and Nate not even having the decency of coming home, Chuck decided to show her their new home. He had already showed Blair a couple of hours before but she had class to get to. Chuck smiled up at the building, there building.

"The Empire sister, is ours." Chloe looked up as well, smiling as the light shined brightly on the building.

"No Charles, it's yours." Chuck looked at her confused. "Brother you did this all by yourself, with none of my help. I don't want to co-sign something you did everything for. But...I will take a room." He chuckled as he guided her across the street, inside of the building. Chloe agreed to help decorate and design each room layout. They take a seat at the bar, Chloe getting a martini with olives in it.

"Have you spoken to Nathaniel?" Chuck asks, Chloe shook her head. "Look, maybe you took what he said the wrong way. Nathaniel knows not to mess this up, he knows it's not high school anymore. You're not going to keep forgiving him." Chuck tried to do anything to lift her spirits up. She couldn't bring herself to take a sip of her drink.

"You weren't there Chuck." she shook her head on disbelief. "You didn't see how he said it. His face while he talked to her. His eyes. His smile." She chuckled to herself, "I just can't believe I fell for it all over again. Here I am, yelling at Serena telling her Carter won't change, when it's in fact Nate that won't."

"Sis-" Chuck looked behind her, but Chloe just kept going. Needing to get all of this out of her.

"Maybe this was all just some fairytale. I was just living in my high school self, who am I kidding? High school relationships never work out. I was stupid enough to keep letting a dumb boy blind me from the real world. The thing that sucks the most is, I really did love him. I would walk through hell for him." Her tears fell into her drink that went untouched. If she were being honest with herself, the drink from yesterday and today, just looking at it, made her so nauseous. She hadn't been in the mood for alcohol for a while now but she didn't know why. Not that she drank that much anyways.

"Turn around." Chloe turned around confused, but soon guilt rose inside of her. She didn't want him to hear any of that, but maybe that's what he needed to hear. He blamed himself for everything, as he should.

"I'm sorry I never came home last night." He started, he was still in his suit and tie from the night before. Only his tie was loosened and his sleeves were rolled up. Chuck excused himself, glaring at Nate before walking pass him. Chloe began to pack her things but he stopped her. "Please, I want to talk to you."

"I waited up all night for you, crying and watching the front door for you to come home." She sniffled, "I fell asleep on the couch, with Margaret clutching my hand because she was afraid on what I would do to the house. To myself."

"I'm sorry Chloe."

"Those words, your sorry's, mean nothing to me. Do you know how many times you have said that to me, time after time and you continue to fuck up and do the same shit to me over and over again." The workers knew how to mind their business and Chloe was grateful for that. The anger inside of her risen more. "I've given you EVERYTHING." He flinched, looking for an ounce of forgiveness in her eyes but nothing. "I can't believe this is what I always get in return. I get cheated on. Time and time again. And you know what? I'm taking my life back, I'm taking my space back, I'm taking my heart back from you."