Chapter 60

When I wake in the morning I'm dangling off the bed. Emily has her arms and legs stretched out beside her and I have no idea how Derek puts up with it.

I push myself back towards the centre and Emily groans while pulling her arms in. The time on my phone reads 8:30 so I decide that now seeing as though I'm awake, I'll get a shower.

When I climb out of bed, I instantly re think my decision, the cold wooden floor sends chills through my body and the even colder air causes my skin to ripple with goosebumps.

I grab my dressing gown and two towels from the cupboard before leaving the bedroom. The whole apartment is silent and I begin to worry slightly that the running water might wake Emily.

The bathroom is even colder than the rest of the rooms so I turn on the shower and let it steam everywhere up before I undress.

The warm water soothes my aching muscles and gives me a chance to think through everything with Spencer, alone.

Was Will telling the truth?

Would Spencer cheat on me?

Is he doing drugs again?

An anxious feeling builds in my stomach as the thoughts whizz through my head but I can't stop them. I love Spencer, I just don't think I can can continue with all the hurt in the realtionship. We have good weeks and days every now and again, but when it really comes down to it... I'm more unhappy than happy.

I want to punch myself for feeling that way. Spencer helped me and my family so much after my fathers death. He bought this apartment himself. He always makes me laugh, he does make me happy. I shouldn't be thinking through things like this.

When I move my head from under the flow of water I hear the toilet seat move and the shower curtain is pulled back.

"Hi"

"Uh- hi" I reply while covering myself up and Spencer chuckles.

"What are you doing?" he asks, pulling the shower curtain from my grip and revealing my body.

"I was showering." I state a little too bluntly and he frowns.

"Can I join you?" his eyes are holding heavy bags and his face and arms are covered in red patches. It looks like he's tried and failed to clean them. It takes me a few minutes to realise he's wearing no top and his jeans also have red patches on them.

"Is that from Will?" I ask, running my wet fingers down his dirty arms.

He pulls back instantly, his eyes glowing with anger and I realise I shouldn't have said that. "Will?" he questions and his frown grows deeper with each second of my pause. "Jennifer fucking answer me." his fingers wrap tightly around my still outstretched arm and my skin burns from his touch.

A mix of emotions flood through me. Feeling Spencer's cold hands on my bare arm causes me to flush... to feel a wave of lust, but the anger laced through his words causes me to feel cautious and push the dirty thoughts to the back of my mind.

"He-"

"He what? are you- is that him in our bed?" he shouts loudly and takes two large strides to the bathroom door.

I climb out of the shower as fast as I can, not even taking the time to wrap a towel around me. Spencer swings the door open and it crashes against the tiles behind it, leaving a large crack in the wall.

"Spencer!" I reach him and grab his arms in an attempt to pull him back. "It's Emily!" I call while slamming my fist against his puffing chest as he faces me. I do it again with my other hand and he grabs my wrists tightly again.