Chapter 38

JJ's POV:

"Spence, I've forgotten my towel again!" I shout from the bathroom, not actually in the shower yet, but pretty much naked. I wait a few minutes for him to come but instead Emily enters. She notices I'm almost naked and turns away. "Oh sorry. Here's your towel." I take it and hang it on the towel rack before getting in the shower. "Sorry, I was expecting Spencer." I say when I turn the water on. "Is that why you were naked?" she laughs and closes the toilet seat so she can sit on it.

"No, well yeah, but not for that. I just didn't think I needed to cover up." I say quickly hoping she doesn't get the wrong idea. "It's alright JJ." I hear her smile through the words and I laugh nervously. "How are you guys?" She asks and I allow the water to run down my body. "Ok I think... I mean, we've not argued for a while and he told me he loves me the other day." I smile widely, reminiscing on the memory of him saying the sweet words.

"We're going to get our own place." I say slowly, I've been desperate to tell someone since he asked, I just didn't want to jinx us. Emily gasps and pulls back the shower curtain "What?!" I cover myself up quickly and she let's go of the material. "Sorry! I just-"
"It's fine... I thought the same thing." I laugh and she also laughs. "Wow, you guys are finally getting serious?"
"Yeah."
"And it's about time!" she laughs and I rinse the last of the conditioner from my hair. "He's so nice Emily... Seriously when you actually know him, he's like a whole new person." I say while pulling the shower curtain back myself this time. I don't rush to wrap the towel around my body and Emily doesn't turn away either. I don't know why we were so funny about it at first, she's like my sister and there's been plenty of times she's sat beside the bath while I've taken one and vise versa. We've seen each other naked plenty of times and it's not like she's going to sit there eyeing my body.

Once I'm wrapped in the towel, which I just realise is Spencer's we head out of the bathroom. It's only a really short walk from the bathroom to my bedroom but Emily stops us half way and puts her finger to her lips, telling me to be quiet.

"I love her." Spencer's words floats around the wall and I feel a tingle down my spine when they reach my ears. "Wow." Emily mouths at the same time as Derek says it and we both try out hardest not to laugh out loud. "You love her?" Derek asks and Spencer doesn't reply, I begin to worry he's changed his mind until he speaks again. "I'm completely in love with her Morgan... I'm fucked." They both laugh and we decide it's our cue to walk past. "If being in love means you're fucked, I've been fucked since the day I met that woman there." Emily stops walking for a second and I have to push her through my bedroom door as he nods towards us. "Emily c'mon." I whisper shout while pulling the towel back over my breasts and she starts laughing. "Sorry." she whispers back and I close the door behind us, my towel half falling off.

"You're an idiot." I say when the men start talking again. She laughs at me and I begin to get dressed quickly. I change into jeans and a jumper with some boots.

We make our way back into the living room. "You guys got any good CDs? this one here only brought one and the drive could take hours." Derek pulls Emily into his side while explaining how forgetful she is. "Road trip, nice!" Spencer smiles then runs toward my TV and opens the cabinet below. "I've got books on tape of Peter Coyote reading the entire foundation trilogy!" He holds them in the air and I frown slightly, a little confused about why they were in my apartment and not his.

***

After about an hour of driving I begin to feel tired and rest my head on Spencer's shoulder. "How long do you think it's going to take?" Emily asks Derek, speaking my thoughts. "Well it's about 120 miles away so-"
"123.4" Spencer speaks and Morgan looks through the windmirror. "What?"
"The Park, it's 123.4 miles away... you said its 120."
"I said its about 120." Morgan laughs and Emily looks to Spencer for her answer. "Well we've been driving for 45 minutes and the drive should take approximately 2 hours and 26 minutes." he looks down at his watch and then back to Emily. "We should make it to the park in 1 hour and 41 minutes... of course I don't know how far into the park the cabin is, so I can't answer that question, but we should be there soon." he takes a deep breath after his long couple of sentences and I smile at Emily who's is looking at me wide eyed. I raise my brows showing her that I'm equally surprised and she laughs before looking back at the road.