Chapter 83

When I wake the next morning, Spencer is not beside me, instead he's in the bathroom throwing up in to the toilet. I climb out of bed and pull on his cardigan before heading for the bathroom myself.

"Spence?" I call his name while slowly pushing the door open. I hear him be sick again and when I'm inside, I find him with his head in the toilet.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I pull back his soaked hair and rub his back as he throws up one last time.

"Im fine, just a bit ill- that's all." he breathes and sits on the tiled floor beside me.

"Did you eat anything funny yesterday?" I ask him while holding my hand to his head and examining his pale face.

"I didn't eat anything yesterday." he sighs and I pull my self between his legs.

"Why?" I ask and he frowns. His eye sockets look hollow and a dark, a complete contrast to the white, clammy skin covering the rest of his face.

"I just didn't feel like it."

"Spence-" I sigh and dab his head with the sleeve of the cardigan I'm wearing.

"JJ" he grabs my wrist and holds my arm in the air for a few seconds before slowly lowering it. "I'm fine."

I can feel the worried frown covering my brows, but he doesn't react much to it. Instead, he hauls himself to his feet and walks slowly toward the bathroom door.

"I'll run you a bath?" I suggest and he forces a smile before nodding. He leaves the room, grunting slightly on his way to our room and returns shortly after, topless and a towel hanging from his- his hips.

Now that I'm paying attention, I notice his torso is so much more defined than the last time I looked. My eyes rake down his body to the faint muscles that run down his hips, leading beneath the fluffy fabric.

My breath hitches slightly and Spencer manages a smirk as he drops the towel and steps into the bath. I watch him all the way, trying desperately to keep my eyes on his face, but his body is just so-

I'm pulled from my thoughts when Spencer's wet hand caresses my cheek. My eyes meet his tired ones and a feeling of lust surges through my body. I want him so badly. I lean into his hand and he chuckles slightly before pulling me by my neck closer to his naked body.

His lips briefly meet mine before moving to my ear. His hot breath causes my hairs to stand on end, every inch of my body is screaming for him to take me right there, in the bath.

"Henry is awake." he whispers before tugging on my ear lobe with his teeth. My eyes snap open and I literally have to drag myself away from the tall man stood in the tub.

"You stay- just uh-" my voice is croaky and comes out almost jumbled. Spencer smirks again and sits down in the water. It's crazy what he does to me. "I'll check on you soon." I finally say once I've gathered my scattered thoughts.

"You don't need to check on me Jennifer. I'll be ok." he laughs and I close the bathroom door behind me.

When I enter the living room, Henry is sat curled up on the sofa with a bowl of cereal. He beams brightly when he catches sight of me and I can't help the smile that covers my face. One day, Spence and I will have our own child.

Spencer's POV:

"You don't need to check on me Jennifer, I'll be ok." I laugh as she leaves the bathroom. I watch as the steam from the extremely hot water rises and condenses on the window.

I feel like complete shit, but I know why. I'm having withdrawal symptoms, I've not taken dilaudid for almost five days now. It's strange that my symptoms are occurring so late, but I guess that's because of all the other shit I've been filling my body with to take my mind off it.

I pull my arms out of the water and run my fingers over the scars left from the needles.

"Spence?" JJ enters the bathroom and I shove my arms back under the water as soon as I can.

"Are you ok?" she asks while looking at my shaking knee.

I snap it under the water too and she cocks her head slightly as I tell her there's nothing wrong. "Henry needs the toilet, is it ok if-"

"Yeah." I state quickly, hoping to get the two of them out of here as fast as possible.

JJ opens the door and the small boy waddles in, holding his bits the same way I am.

Once Henry leaves the bathroom again, JJ crouches beside me. "Are you sure you're ok?" She asks while placing her hand on my bare shoulder.

I nod slowly and she pushes my wet hair back. "Do you want anything?"

"I'm fine... Henry needs you." my head begins to feel like it's rolling and JJ frowns again before standing and leaving me alone.

I climb out of the bath quickly and chuck up in the toilet once more, hunched over the dirty thing completely naked.

When I'm done, I give up on the relaxing bath, wrap the towel around me and brush my teeth before heading to the bedroom.

JJ and Henry are both in the living room watching a shitty programme on TV and when I walk past, JJ looks up.

She follows me into the bedroom and closes the door quietly behind her. "I'm not stupid Spencer."

"What?" I ask while turning to face her and she sighs.

"There's definitely something going on." she takes a seat on the end of the bed.

"JJ- I'm- fuck. I'm uh, I'm fine." I try to make out a sentence between the absolute beating my stomach is taking from an invisible man.

"Why won't you tell me Spencer?" JJ stands up quickly and grabs my aching biceps tightly. "Tell me." She says while looking straight in to my eyes.

"Why can't you just drop it huh?" I raise my voice slightly and she lets go.

"Fine." her voice is suddenly emotionless and she leaves me in the room again, slamming the door behind her.

"Fuck." I groan again and fall backwards on to the bed. The newest episode of Quantico airs tonight and JJ has fell out with me. I switch on the TV facing our bed and get changed in to a pair of boxers before climbing under the duvet and watching the screen.

Such a short chapter and I'm soooo sorry!! I can't believe we're in chapter 83 already!! the story finishes at 100 🙊🙊🙊