Chapter 46

"We should unpack?" Spencer suggests, letting go of my body. He picks up one of the bags and dumps the contents on the ground. "Which room is ours?" He looks up from the ground where his cushions and some bedding are sprawled. "Which room?"

"Yeah, there's two." He smiles and I join him while heading to the three doors leading out of what will be our living room.

I open one and behind it is large rectangular room, the window is on the far wall and out of it a park can be seen. The walls are painted the same cream colour as the rest of the house and the carpet is slightly darker.

The room next door to that is a blank canvas, the walls are white and right now there is no carpet. I decide the first room cannbe ours andi have no clue what the next one could be.

I head back into the empty living room where Spencer is already most of the way through putting his mounds of books on the shelf. "I like that one." I say pointing to the first door.

"The other is Henry's." Spencer replies while still putting the books away.

"Henry's?" I ask and he faces me with a smile.

"You said he wants to stay here, now he has his own room he can stay as often as he likes." He rocks awkwardly on the balls of his feet, obviously uncomfortable about showing he wants Henry here too.

"I love you Spencer Reid." I say and he smiles brightly.

"I know you do."

***

Once our things have been unpacked, it's just 3:00pm and we have nothing to do. Spencer and I both sit on my sofa which one of Spencers friends drop off.

"When should we have Henry here?" I ask him, looking from his chest i'm lying on to his tired face. He shrugs his shoulders and I sit up. "We should decorate that room first." He adjusts his seating position and looks down at me. "I don't know when we can do that though, this place cost a shit ton of money."

"Spence, if you would have let me pay towards this place it would have been easier... I can pay for what we need in here."

"You can't pay for everything JJ." He sits up properly and pushes my annoying hair from my face. "Everything will be fine. I can provide for you, we'll get some paint tomorrow... Do the walls first." He smiles and leans down to kiss me softly.

***

A loud bang wakes me from my nap and when I sit up, Spencer isn't here. "Spence?" I call his name through the apartment. He doesn't reply.

"Spencer?" I shout again, but I still don't get a reply. Has he left me on my own? He's probably just gone to buy some coffee, we didn't bring any with us.

My mind settles on him just going out to buy a few bits and pieces, he obviously didn't tell me cause I was sleeping. I look around the room again searching for the source of the loud bang. I can't see anything and worry builds until I hear another follwed by a scream and I find the TV. I laugh at myself for being so tense, Spencer obviously put an episode of Quantico on before he left.

I slouch deep into the sofa, pulling the blanket on me over my shoulders. I pull my feet up beside me and watch my favourite episode play out. I already know exactly whats going to happen, but that doesn't make the show any less interesting.

A few hours pass and I've watched three episodes, but Spencer still isn't home. It's now 8 and I can't help but worry about him.

Spencer's POV:

After a while of sitting and watching TV JJ says something and I look down. "What?" She doesn't reply. "Jayje?" she still doesn't reply so I shift my body so I can see her face. Her eyes are closed and a small frown is placed over he brows.

I'm just about to carry her to our new room when my phone lights up. I pick it up and swipe sideways to reveal the text from Damien.

• Have you been avoiding me Reid? • I sigh and move JJ from my knee, I haven't spoken to Damien since that night and with me now owing him money, I can see why he thinks I'm avoiding him.

• What do you want? • I text him back and find a blanket to place over JJ's body. A few minutes later he calls me.

"Reid?"

"Yeah?"

"I have a job that I need you to help me with... Toby is going to pick you up from your apartment."

"Toby?"

"Tobias." even though I can't see him I can hear the smirk through his words.

"I can't work with him Damien, you know I cant."

"What, because you don't think you can cope with your past?" I hear him smirking again and my anger builds.

"Fine. Fuck. Ok what time?"

He laughs before he answers and I have to remind myself I'm doing all of this for JJ. "Now."

"Wait, he's here already?

"Yes, now get going." he hangs up and I throw my phone at the nearest wall.