Chapter 14

When I wake in the morning, I feel arms wrapped around me and snippets of last night pulse through my head. Spencer's hot breath on my neck causes me to shiver a little and I turn to face him.

His eyes are still closed and of course there's still a slight frown above them, even while he's sleeping. His lips are slightly parted and his hair is covering most of his face.

I move my arm from between us and use it to push the unruly hair from his forehead. His lips twist into a smile and his strong arms pull me closer. "Hey you." His eyes slowly open and he kisses my nose. "Hi." This whole thing is surreal, the rude boy Spencer is waking up next to me with a smile on his face and kissing my nose.

His large fingers caress my cheek as his brown eyes examine my face. "I need my mop cutting." He says, rolling onto his back. "You should change, see if Emily is at yours?" He doesn't even look at me, instead he just climbs out of bed and heads through the door to the kitchen.

I can feel worry building up inside my head, I knew it was going to be like this. Why can't he always be like he has the past few hours? I sit up and take of his shirt. My clothes are on the chest of draws on the other-side of the room, so I get out of his bed and grab them.

When I'm fully dressed, shoes and everything, I join Spencer in the kitchen. I watch as he pours at least four spoons of sugar into a mug and fills it with coffee. "Spence, I'm going now." I say almost too quiet, again he doesn't look at me. He nods his head and I leave his apartment.

I knock on my door, and I'm lucky when Emily answers. "Where have you been ey?" She smiles and nods her head in the direction of Spencer's door. "I didn't get too worried, a guy told me you'd left with Spencer?" She smiles cheekily and I walk through my door.

"So, spill the beans?" She takes a seat on my couch and I join her. "I... I don't even know." She looks at me confused and I proceed. "Well, last night at the party we kissed and then he left me and was all over another girl. Then I left to go home, but Will found me- Will found me. Emily, I need to move again!" She places her hand on my shoulder to calm me. "Jayj, it's going to be fine! You don't need to move again. I'm..." She pauses for a few moments, her eyes brewing with excitement. "I'm moving in with Morgan." She smiles widely. "But you- I- what?" She only kissed him last night and now they're moving in together? Is that what Morgan was going to tell me?

"Well you know the first time I met him?" I nod. "He got my number and we went on a few dates, things happened... Blah, blah. He invited us out at Halloween, after that we saw each other most days. We've kind of been in a relationship for a while and I know it's all fast, but he's a great guy and things are really working out. I really like him." I smile, happy for her. "So you've got us, Spencer only lives next door- oh wait, you didn't finish?" She shifts slightly to get comfortable and bores her eyes into mine. "Did you sleep with him?"
"I- erm."
"You did? You like slept, slept with him?" She leans forward. "If you mean sex, no... I didn't have sex with him." She leans away again. "What happened?" I smile at her need to know. "We kissed and we did sleep in the same bed, but he just basically kicked me out..." Emily's eyes soften. "I don't know what's going on." She pulls me into a hug. "You know what he's like, I'm sure you guys will be on top of each other by tomorrow." She laughs and I join her. Emily always knows how to cheer me up, even if she is wrong.

***
About two weeks later Emily is still wrong, in fact, she couldn't have been more wrong. Spencer hasn't even spoken to me. I've seen a few times, either in the lobby or in the hall, but no words have left any of our mouths. I can tell you though, Spencer did get his hair cut and it looks really good. It's still long (the way I like it) but it's not as messy, although he still looked really good like that too.

I've been living here for a good few weeks now and I know I can't live on the money I had saved forever. I need to get myself another job. I change from my fluffy pyjamas to some smart clothes and pull on my coat. It's just 1 o'clock so I have plenty of time to apply for a few jobs.

When I leave the apartment, I find myself wanting to bump into Spencer. I just want to speak to him, even if it's him telling me to 'fuck off'. He isn't there though, I don't know where he is.

I take the elevator to the lobby and leave the apartment building. Out side the breeze is cold, now well into November it's expected. I take the bus to the offices in town, I had an office job last time so I'm well used to the work and that. In fact when this company found out I was moving the offered me a job, now I might just take up on that offer.

When I enter I'm greeted by a tall, older woman with dark hair. "Ms Jaraeu?" I nod and she smiles. "hi, I'm Alex, Alex Blake. I'll take you to Mr Anderson." We shake hands and head toward a large glass elevator. This whole place looks so great, so big and posh.

The walls surrounding the reception are black marble and all the doors are glass. "Looks pretty great doesn't it?" Blake says as the elevator begins to rise. I nod enthusiastically and she smiles. "It's not." She laughs and turns to face me.

"Seriously, the jobs shit. I'm only here for the money, hate the job." She adjusts her blazer and leads the way from the elevator to an office at the end of the hall. "Mr Anderson has already been waiting for you. Just go in." She smiles and begins to walk away but stops half way and turns to face me. "Oh, and good luck!"

I place my hand on the door knob and gather my thoughts before heading in. The office is huge, the grey walls are lined with black shelves and handfuls of books. The far wall is just glass panes and the managers desk is placed directly in front of it. The desk is also very large, papers are neatly stacked in piles to one side and there's a very professional black chair behind it.

"Ms Jaraeu?" My eyes meet those of Mr Anderson "best office in the building." He smiles proudly and stands. He's very tall and has dark hair with a light stubble around his chin. His eyes are a piercing blue and his skin is a darker tone than mine. "Please, take a seat?" He gestures toward two cushioned chairs in front of his desk that seemed to go unnoticed ween Iditarod entered the room.

I head forward and take a seat, placing my bag beside me. "so you previously worked with my cousin?" He asks. "Took a liking to you, I can see why." I can feel myself blushing at his comments and he continues to smile.

***
After a long, but comfortable meeting Mr Anderson leans forward in his seat and rests his elbows on his desk. "ok, I dot usually do this, but... You seem like a nice girl... and you're extremely pretty." He pauses for a few seconds allowing the words to enter my head. "When can you start?" He looks up, his blue eyes looking deep into mine once more.

A nervous laugh slips from inside me and Mr Anderson also laughs. "Are you serious?" I ask and he smiles wider, his bright teeth flashing in the sunlight. "Of course, if you're alright to come in tomorrow I'll get a colleague to show you around?" I agree straight away and he stands to shake my hand.

I leave the room with a giant smile on my face. Blake leaves an office a few doors down from me and looks at me with hopeful eyes. "How did it go?" She heads toward me. "great, I'm starting tomorrow!" she smiles widely and places her hand on my shoulder. "welcome to the team!"