Chapter one

"Here's your keys." The short man in front of me smiles and places the keys to my new apartment in the palm of my hand. "Thanks." My hand closes. His smile fades and a frown sets over his eyebrows as his eyes move to the man that's just entered the block.

"Mr Reid." He smiles at me one last time "excuse me." He then jogs slightly toward the fast moving man. "Mr Reid, I'm afraid you're going to have to take your hood down." The man ignores him and takes long strides up the stairs two steps at a time. "Oh come on man! You make this job so hard!" The mans long hair flops over his face and a small smirk is visible through the brown strands. "Chill Marcus." He turns to the second set of stairs and out of sight.

Loud steps echo through the lobby for a few moments and Marcus approaches me again. "I sorry about that, he's just..." His thumb gestures over his shoulder toward the stairs where the Man had just been. "He's hard work." He sighs and forces a smile as I head toward the lift. "Have a nice day Ms Jaraeu." I give him a small wave and step inside the lift as the doors begin to close.

My apartment is on the fourth floor, there's not a chance I'm going to climb all of them stairs. When I get out of the lift, the man Marcus addressed as Mr Reid has just reached the top of the stairs.

He strides past me and stops at room 46, the room just beside mine. A sigh escapes my mouth and a small laugh joins it too. I haven't even spoken to the guy and I'm sighing about him living next door. I proceed down the corridor as the man removes his coat.

I watch as he tips it upside down and shakes it vigorously. His long hair flops everywhere and an angry foot kicks his door. "For fuck sake." He shakes his coat some more and a crooked key falls from his pocket. He crouches to pick it up, places the key in the door, turns it and then stops to stare blankly at the wood.

"Is there something wrong?" His voice is quiet, but harsh. His head turns slightly, so he's now looking at the door frame."Well?" Again I don't answer and just shove my key into my door too, hoping to get out of this situation asap. He grunts and swings his door open at the same time as mine finishes unlocking. "Ignorant bitch." He growls before disappearing.

When I enter the apartment, most of my boxes are already here. I still have about 5 left to come and now that I have the key, I need to wait in for a few days to make sure I receive them. Some furniture Is already here too, my parents sent an old sofa down and I have the bed and TV from my room at home.

***

At 11pm I've showered, ate and watched everything I could possibly watch on TV without getting too bored. The worst part about moving to a new place is making new friends, I don't know any one here so it's likely that within the next few days I'll die of boredom.

I decide that with having nothing to do I should try and get some sleep. Just as I pull the duvet over my legs loud music sounds from the room beside mine. I honestly didn't think he could be any more obnoxious, but obviously he doesn't care about the rest of the building.

After going to war with myself over just trying to ignore the music and sleep, I finally climb out of bed and leave my apartment. I have to ask him to keep the noise down, if I don't I'll have no sleep.

I knock on the door twice and there's no answer, so I knock again praying that he's not just going to ignore me. "Hello?" I shout, knocking again. A few footsteps are heard from inside and the door clicks open.

"What do you want?" The long haired man spits. He looks quite young to be honest, no older than 30, I'd say he is 30. His long hair is still covering his face and his tight black jeans are fading to a greyish colour. "I was just-"
"Reid! We're out of beers." A voice sounds from behind him and the door is pulled from his grip.

A tall, erm darker man with large muscles and a shaved head smiles at me, then reaches out his hand for me to shake. I take it and the man beside him, Reid, deepens his frown. "Derek, but everyone calls me Morgan." His smile widens.

"Eyebrows!" A woman's voice also comes from the apartment and Derek disappears. "Well, what do you want?" He closes the door so that just his body is visible

"I was just wondering if you could turn the music down? I'm-"
"Well it's on for a reason, but if you want to hear me fucking some random girl, then so be it." I didn't even have time to react before he closed the door and left me in the hall with an eventual shocked expression covering my face.

I decide against knocking on again and giving him a much needed slap across his... One day, I've been in this apartment one flipping day and I want to slap him across the face.

My hands move to my head and I rub my face. "Come on Jennifer." I say to my self while opening the door to my own apartment. By the time I've reached my bed again, the music has quietened and I can finally sleep.