Chapter 79

JJ's POV:

"Are you hungry buddy?" I ask Henry who's eyes are scanning the area looking for the room we're going to be sitting in. Spencer's eyes move from the small boy to me and a smile spreads across his face when Henry doesn't answer.

"Henry?" Spencer crouches beside him and Henry's long hair flips around his head as he turns to face him.

"Yeah?" he questions innocently.

"Are you hungry?" he nods his head vigorously and Spencer picks him up to see the lit up menus covering the back walls.

"What do you want?" I ask and his hand shoots in the direction of the ice cream freezer. Spencer laughs and Henry giggles. "I think you should have some proper food first." I suggest and he shakes his head no.

Spencer laughs again and Henry's arm wraps around his shoulders as he tries to steady himself. "Ok, let's get you a hotdog for now and then some ice cream later?" Spencer asks him and he pushes out his bottom lip.

"The movie?" he asks, obviously wondering how Spencer will be able to get ice cream when the film is on.

"I'll run out and get some when you finish your hotdog?" he coaxes and Henry finally gives in.

"Promise?" he asks holding out his little finger.

"Promise." Spencer smiles and hooks his large finger around Henry's. All three of us look at the woman behind the counter and she smiles brightly.

"Good looking little family aren't you?" she compliments and both Spencer and Henry frown in unison. I let out a small laugh, it's crazy how alike the two of them are.

"We're not- I mean- he's my boyfriend, but..." I see Spencer's frown dissolve from the corner of my eye and I continue. "The little monster there is my nephew."

"I'm not a monster!" Henry defends himself and the woman behind the counter laughs loudly.

Ten minutes later, the three of us are sat beside each other on the cushioned chairs of the cinema. Spencer is sat on the left, Henry beside him and me beside Henry. The movie begins and Henry claps his hands in excitement, Spencer smirks at me and reaches his arm over the back of Henry's seat and rests it on my shoulder.

Henry turns his head to look at both of us and scrunches his nose before watching the images play out on the screen again.

A warm tingle runs up my spine when Spencer's long fingers come into contact with the skin on my neck. The film we're watching is pretty boring and I find my mind wandering to thoughts of Spencer's fingers and the way they make me feel.

I'm quickly snapped from the dirty feelings when his hand pulls back to his own body and he whispers in Henry's ear. He nods in response to what ever Spencer said and he stands.

"I'm going with uncle Spencer to get ice cream." he chimes and I look up to Spencer who shrugs.

"I'll come with you?" I suggest and Henry takes my hand, pulling me down the stairs with him and Spencer.

We reach the counter we were previously stood at and Henry tells the woman what he wants. She hands him a vanilla and chocolate scoop with strawberry sauce and Henry frowns.

Spencer looks down to the cup in his hands and then back to the woman. "I'm pretty sure he asked for chocolate sauce?" he questions her and takes the ice cream from Henry's hands.

Henry pushes his fingers through mine as Spencer attempts to get the woman to change Henry's order.

"The kid asked for chocolate fucking sauce, not strawberry." he plonks the tub on the counter and pushes it toward the woman.

"I'll call my manager." She heads in to the back and Spencer faces Henry and I.

"Spence, I'm sure he would be alright with-"

"Do you want strawberry sauce Henry?" he asks the small boy, cutting me off.

Henry nods his head no and Spencer ruffles his hair before looking up to the manager joining the brunette woman at the ice cream counter.

"What is the problem sir?" The man stands straight with his arms folded over his chest.

"He asked for chocolate sauce and she gave him fucking strawberry, either I'm deaf or you need a new-"

"Ok, ok. Ellie, head to the back and grab a fresh chocolate sauce."
The manger shifts his gaze to Henry and forces a smile.

"Vanilla and chocolate again?" he asks and Henry nods slowly.

"Get it fucking right this time." Spencer states and Henry giggles. I can't help but reach for Spencer's arm, hoping to calm him down slightly. I can tell that his anger isn't coming from just Henry getting the wrong sauce on his ice cream.

Two minutes later the woman returns with the right order and hands it to the small blonde boy at my feet. They apologise for everything and I thank them before we head back inside for the rest of the movie.

***

We're back at the apartment by three o'clock and Henry is almost asleep on the sofa when Tracy arrives. Spencer eyeballs the couple sat opposite us again, the same way he did earlier.

"Henry should stay here tonight." he states in a somber tone and Tom frowns.

"I think he's had enough fun for one day, right Tracy." he laughs and Tracy practically jumps out of her seat when his hand reaches for her thigh.

Spencer frowns.

"We don't mind having him." I smile, trying to ease the tension. I just hope what ever is going on now doesn't cause Tracy to get it in the face later.

"I want to stay here." Henry whines while sitting up and a genuine smile covers Tracy's face as she agrees to let Henry stay here the night.

"Ok buddy, lets get you changed eh?" I ask and Henry follows me to his bedroom where we find a set of pyjamas he left last time he was here.

"I like it here." Henry smiles when I unbutton the collar of his polo tshirt.

"I don't like him." Spencer joins us in the room and Henry scrunches his nose at his words.

"Me neither, he's rough."

What?

Spencer frowns deeply and I can feel my scalp pricking and my stomach churning

"What do you mean Hen?" Spencer asks while crouching next to him. Henry faces Spencer's tense face and I stand up. I don't think I'll be able to cope with what might come next.