Chapter 19

It's now Friday, Spencer still hasn't finished what he started three days ago and the ache for him hasn't decreased.
Every time we've made eye contact at work I've wanted to jump on him and I swear he knows it.

Blake finishes up early and says goodbye to Spencer and I before leaving. When she leaves the room I look up at the rude boy that's making his way toward my desk. "Well JJ, I'd fuck you right here on this desk, but the boss is just down the hall and I don't think he'd appreciate your screaming."

I can feel myself flushing with his dirty words, how does he always do this? How does he make me hate him so much but then fall to my knees the moment he opens his mouth.

I don't know what to say. I want him, I want him so badly, but we can't risk it. He's right, he would have me screaming and get us both fired. In fact I think just feeling him- I break myself from my dirty thoughts ashamed of what I was thinking.

I make eye contact with him again and his frown is replaced with a smirk. He sits on the end of my desk, almost squashing the piles of files I have yet to sort out.

He looks down at them and frowns. "they've given you a lot of work for your first week huh?" I join him frowning. "I thought everyone gets this?" I say leaning forward to retrieve one pile of the files.

He laughs and places his hands on top of mine. "are you kidding me? I think some people are taking the piss because you're new." he let's go of my hands and takes two piles of the files. he places one whole pile on his desk and splits the rest between everyone else so that I'm left with just one pile to sort through.

"Spence i-" I know he's trying to help, but it's not fair for him to take a whole pile of my work and do it for me. "JJ, it'll be done in no time. I promise." He says while making his way toward me again. He grabs my hands, pulling me up to stand with him by the window.

The sky is dark, but the city is lit up by thousands of colourful lights. Spencer wraps his arm around my shoulder and we peacefully stand there, watching the world go by.

"I wonder how many people are out there." I say with thoughts wizzing round my head. "There's 3.9 million in this city, but there's 326.1 million in the whole of America... approximately." I look at Spencer, completely shocked.

"How do you even know that?" he smiles at my amazement, but doesn't confess. "We should get going." he says removing his arm from around me and grabbing his bag. He starts to leave the office and just as I begin to think he's brushing me off again, he stops at the doors.

"Come on JJ, I'm not going to wait here all night." I run to catch up with him and we enter the elevator together.

***

When we reach the top of the stairs in our apartment building, Spencer begins to root for his key. Part of me hopes he won't find it and that he will have to stay in my bed like I did his, but then he pulls out the crooked piece of metal.

He pushes it into his lock and turns to face me. "I'll see you on Monday?" He opens his door and disappears inside. Just as I retrieve my key, Spencer bursts from his apartment, kisses me on the cheek and disappears again.

A wide smile covers my face and I enter my own apartment. It's now 8:30 and I am absolutely starving. I decide on take away, I've been eating it almost every day for the past week again, but I'm too lazy to cook. I guess I'm going to have to join the gym pretty soon.

***
The next morning I wake to my phone buzzing with four texts.

* Hey Pretty, Morgan and I are planning on having a little dinner later (curtesy of Rossi!!) to celebrate me moving in. Hope you can come!! *

* answer me!! *

* are you with Reid? ;) *

* Jennifer Jaraeu, get your ass out of that bed now and answer me you lazy woman!! it's 12:30 for goodness sake.*

The last message causes me to jump under the sheets. 12:30?! How have I slept in so late? I quickly text her back.

* Hey Em!! I'm so sorry I'm just replying! I don't even know why I'm just getting up!! No, I'm not with Spence, but do you want me to invite him too? *

I climb out of bed and turn on the shower, I hope Emily asks me to ask Spencer because it gives me the chance to see him again.

I climb in to the shower and quickly wash my self down. The whole time I'm thinking of how Spencer might be with me today. I hate that I'm constantly tip toeing around him all of the time, why can't he just be the same every time we see each other?

When I'm done in the shower, I turn in the kettle and check my phone.

* Spence? ooo JJ!! and yeah!! Morgan hasn't gotten around to asking him yet, he's been busy planning things with Rossi and inviting Garcia and Hotch. Don't get yourselves caught up though, we actually want to see you both! ;) *

I laugh at Emily's reply and text her back to tell her I'll let her know if Spencer is coming or not, but that I definitely will be.

I dress and drink my coffee before brushing my teeth. It's now almost 2:00pm, I'll have to ask Spencer pretty soon so that he needs to be ready.

Instead of waiting I decide to go and ask. The excitement of seeing him builds as I knock, praying he's not going to be a dickhead.

Authors note:

I'm posting this now, but I feel like I won't be able to post again for at least a week. I've got a psychology exam coming up, so I've got a lot of revision to do!! I'll try my best to write one asap, but it's not guaranteed, sorry!!!