Chapter 22

When I arrive at Morgans house, almost everyone is there, we're just waiting on Spencer. Emily looks super pretty and she's comfortably wrapped in Morgan's muscular arm.

"How long do you think pretty boy will be?" Morgan asks and I look up to find the question was directed at me. "I, I don't know?" why would I know? he's not my boyfriend...

Morgan smiles. "well, I guess we're gonna have to stay in here for a little while longer. You know, wait for Reid before we get ready to eat?" he smiles and Emily agrees as he kisses her on the cheek.

"Rossi! how are you doing in there?" Hotch shouts toward the kitchen and he receives a "don't interrupt!" causing Aaron to face us all again with a grin. "Passionate about his cooking?" Emily asks with a smile. "You bet he is princess." Morgan replies almost straight away. They look so happy together and I love seeing my best friend happy. "You did invite him right?" Morgan teases and I nod my head.

"Everyone come sit at the table, we can have some wine while we wait for Spencer." Rossi says from the doorway. we all oblige, Emily and Morgan sit together with Rossi beside them, Hotch takes a seat at one end of the table and Garcia the other. I sit alone opposite Emily, knowing completely why no one sat next to me.

After about twenty minutes of laughing and joking around, Rossi gets up to check on the food and Spencer enters the dining room. "look who decided to turn up!" Morgan jokes and Spencer frowns. "Sorry I'm late, I got caught up." he looks around the table a little and takes the seat that was Rossi's.

Emily looks up at me with a confused and sympathetic face. A pang of sadness hits me like a rock. After spending the day together i thought Spencer and I were going to be ok. I thought that we were going to make something of our friendship... or what ever it is we have. Instead he takes someone else's seat just so he doesn't have to sit next to me?

Rossi joins us again and Spencer looks him dead in the eye as he looks between the seat he was sat in and the seat he will sit in. He shrugs a little and takes the seat by me. "food should be done any minute." He smiles and everyone follows, even me as I try to cover up the hurt I am feeling.

***
A few hours later everyone has eaten and we're all still sat around the table, each with a glass of wine. "Ok, so I guess you've all gathered why you're here. I just really want to say it." Morgan silences everyone with his cheerful voice. "Emily is moving in with me." He smiles widely and everyone aw's in unison.

My eyes meet Spencer's who's I know were on me throughout Morgan's little speech. His frown deepens and he takes a large mouthful of his drink.

"You guys wanna go into town?" Morgan's asks. Hotch and Rossi decline, claiming they need to get home. Garcia also declines, she's going to meet her new "friend", Spencer doesn't answer and I accept. I need to take my mind off Spencer's games, it's driving me crazy trying to figure out what's going on.

***

When we enter the bar in town Emily and I take a seat in the corner while Morgan grabs the first lot of drinks. "So, how is it going?" I ask Emily and she smiles widely. "Really good! I really like him jayje, he's a great guy." She leans forward and lowers her voice. "He's great at everything..." We both laugh out loud and Morgan joins us with our drinks. "What's all this laughter about ey?" he takes a seat by Emily and then looks up toward the door.

My eyes follow his and find Spencer heading our way, with a girl? His arm is wrapped around her skinny waist and her small frame is draped in a tight, short black dress. I turn to face Emily and Derek again, a frown has made it's way onto Morgan's face and Emily is looking at me with confusion.

"He can be such a prick." Morgan stands to meet Spencer and they both head toward the bar as the small girl approaches us. "Hi, I'm Melanie." She reaches out her hand for one of us to take. I shake it, feeling Spencer's glare on me. "Spencer told me to come and join you guys while the black guy talks to him." Emily's eyes narrow and the small girl takes a seat beside me.

"So Melanie, when did you and Reid meet?" Emily leans further forward. "Well, I actually met him at the hairdressers he apparently goes to regularly. I mean that was the first time that we met there so he can't go that offer right?" The girl laughs a little and anger begins to make it's way through my veins.

"So you're just friends?" Emily proceeds, but I really don't want to know any more. "I don't know." Melanie sits a little straighter. "I've slept with him a few times, but I don't know if he wants to make anything of it." She smirks and takes a glance in Spencer's direction.

I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes. Has he done this just to spite me or did he never even want more than a friendship? I stand and look at Emily. "I'm absolutely bursting for the toilet." she forces a smile while reading me like a book. I take a few steps in the direction of the toilet and feel my knees going weak.

When I reach the girls WC I enter a cubicle, sit on the toilet and allow some tears to fall. A few footsteps cause me to hold my breath and Emily pokes her head around the door. "There she is." I stand and fall into her arms. "I'm so stupid Emily, so, so stupid." The tears fall faster as my best friend rubs my back. "No you're not... anyone would have felt the same way." She hugs me tighter and we stand there for a few moments in each other's arms.

Emily pulls away and looks into my eyes. "Now, how about we get out there and you show him you don't give a shit?" She smiles and begins to wipe my tears. "Don't be drinking too much because tomorrow we're going out and you're gonna get over that dickead out there." She nods toward the door that leads back into the bar and I laugh. "Ok." she kisses me on the forehead and we make our way back out side.

A few drinks later and I can already feel the jealousy and anger melting away. I was stupid to think anything would come of me and Spencer. He obviously never cared and taking me out for coffee earlier that day was just one of his sick little games.

Another four rounds later and Garcia joins us in the bar with her friend. "Baby girl! I'm so glad you decided to come!" Morgan pulls her into a hug. "And who is this hot momma?" he says while looking the lady beside her up and down. Emily swats his arm and he kisses her softly. "Nobody is hotter than my princess." His drunken eyes make their way back to Garcia who almost looks anxious.

"This is Kate." Kate smiles and waves at the group. "She's my girlfriend."

I KNOW ITS QUITE SHORT AND IM SORRY!! I JUST WANTED TO UPDATE ASAP.