Chapter 30

When I arrive back home a feeling of loneliness sets in. It's strange not having JJ around, we spent almost every night together for nearly two weeks. I shouldn't have just let that go.

I close the apartment door behind me and scenes from a few nights ago flood through my memory. The wood is split with a slight dent, I look to my knuckles and notice they're still not fully healed. I should go and apologise to JJ and after three minutes of arguing with myself I knock on her door.

I knock twice and there's no answer, three times and still no answer. "Jayje please, if you're in there I'm sorry ok? I was a pri-" a door opens, but it's not JJ's. "You guys are a nightmare." a skinny woman with short hair steps out of her apartment. "Who the fuck are you?" Her thin eyebrows raise with my words and she begins to lock her door. "A neighbour that's sick of all the noise." She looks at me again, her brown eyes wide as she comes closer to my face. "Next time you guys argue and makeup, ask Marcus if Elle Greenaway is in first." she begins to walk down the hall.

"L?" That's a strange name. She doesn't look at me when she answers "Not like the letter L!" she sighs and enters the lift, facing me with a sarcastic looking smile. I kick JJ's door and swing my apartment door open straight after, allowing to slam against the wall behind it.

"Hey, Morgan. What are you guys doing?" the line is quiet for a few moments before he answers. "Nothing. You wanna come over?" I nod and then remember he can't actually see me.

"Uh- yeah, if I stay here I'll have no apartment left. At least if I'm at yours you can restrain me."

"Hey, hey, hey. I don't want you trashing my place!"

"Don't worry, I'm not going to trash your house. I think Emily would kill me if I did." Morgan laughs and hangs up.

***

After a few hours of talking I notice Emily isn't here. "Where's Emi-"

"She's gone to the train station with JJ, she's going home for Christmas."

"Shit. That's today?" I jump to my feet and pull my coat back on. "Need a lift?" Morgan's smiles and I nod.

We head to my apartment and I run as fast as I can up the stairs taking almost three steps at a time. I pack a small bag, one to last me a few days and grab all the money I can find in thirty seconds. I practically jump down the stairs and back into Morgan's car.

"Hurry. I need to get there before she leaves."

JJ's POV:

"Do you think it will snow over Christmas?" I ask Emily while pulling out a giant wooly jumper and folding it small enough to into my suitcase. "I sure hope so." she says while taking a seat on the end of my bed.

"You do have to come with me you know. I'm alright to go to the train station on my own." I laugh and Emily tries to sit on the lid of the case in order to fasten it.

We get a taxi to the train station and Emily waits with me until the train comes. "I hope you have fun Jayje, I'm sure you and Spencer will sort things out when you get back... oh, and remember to tell your mum you're spending new year with us! and hi of course." she rushes every word before I climb into my carriage. "I love you Em. You and Derek have a nice Christmas ok?" we hug tightly and she moves to the wall of the platform.

I take a seat at the very back by the window and push my earphones into my ears. A few loud bangs sound through the carriage and the doors open again. Spencer steps onto the train with messy hair and his coat all buttoned up the wrong way. The laces on his shoes are hanging out and he grabs his bag from Morgan while thanking him and scanning the seats. My heart leaps when his eyes meet mine and he heads towards me.

He throws his bag on the ground by my seat and grabs a hold of my face. He pulls it to his and kisses me hard, barely pulling away for breath. When he's done he finally takes a seat and hugs me extremely tightly. "I'm so sorry." he pulls away and looks into my eye with his cold fingers caressing my cheeks.

A few people in the carriage around us stare and pull strange faces as he kisses me again, this time softly.

I'm so sorry for how short this chapter is!! I just really wanted to post again cause I left you guys waiting a few dad in between the last few chapters. Thanks for reading!!! 💕