Chapter 35

JJ's POV

The day after boxing day, Spencer and I are now back at home. Sitting in my house again is strange, the past two days I spent with other people and now I'm sat alone on my sofa.

I finger the necklace Spencer bought me, honestly I haven't taken it off since he put it around my neck. The butterfly is silver and little lines make up the patterns of the wings. While messing with it I notice the back is strangely rough and I turn it over. There's a small message engraved over the back of the wings that reads 'you're my definition of happiness'. Tears form in my eyes and I can't stop them. I've cried so much these past few days but this time it's for a good reason.

I wipe my eyes with Spencer's navy blue cardigan and turn on the TV when I hear a knock at the door. I wipe my eyes more hoping that whoever is at the door won't be able to tell I've been crying. There's a knock again and when I open it, Spencer is stood with two cups from my favourite coffee place and and small grin planted on his lips.

"Hi."
"Hi."
"I bought you that hot chocolate you like, and..." he juggles the drinks with one hand and reaches the other into his coat pocket. "Some Cheetos." his grin turns into a smirk as he pulls the packet from his pocket and dangles it in the air between us.

I smile at him and step back so that he can come in. "I haven't actually cleaned yet, I'm sorry for the mess." I pull his cardigan tighter around me and he scans me up and down while placing the cups on the kitchen counter. One eye brow raises an the falls again. "I'm more worried about how and why you're wearing my favourite cardigan?" he turns to face me and pulls at it to bring me closer to him. I can feel myself blushing and I have no idea why, it's only Spencer.

"It's my favourite too." I finally muster up enough courage to say. I hate what he does to me, I've completely fallen for him. He laughs and kisses my nose before handing me the hot chocolate he actually walked out in the snow to buy. "Thanks Spence." I say while kissing him back.

I take a seat on the sofa and he joins me. "Wow, this place really is a tip isn't it?" He teases and I elbow him in the ribs. "Ow!" He shouts and brings me to laughter.

We both settle and watch some TV. "Who do you think the killer is?" I ask Spencer who's already looking at me. "What?" he asks, snapping out of his daydream. "Who do you think killed all of those people?" I ask again, this time nodding toward the television and he looks in that direction.

"Oh- uh... erm well the guy has to be a Narcissist, he's basically begging for attention and recognition with each kill-" I look at him with wide eyes and he laughs. "sorry, uh- that guy there." he points at the screen as a baby is the only thing being shown on there and I raise an eyebrow. We both burst out laughing and he apologises "I'm sorry, I wasn't actually watching... but the guy is definitely a narcissist, just look for the character that's the most full of himself and you'll have your murderer." I look at the screen as the Quantico team give their profile, the geeky guy says almost exactly what Spencer said and he nods. "See."
"Oooh, look at you. My little smarty pants." he laughs as I hug him tightly.

"So, what do you want to do today?" he asks while looking down at me. "I don't actually know." I sigh, bored already of the scenery in my apartment, but not having a clue how to spend our day. "How about we go and see Morgan and Prentiss?" he asks.
"Why do you always refer to everyone by their last name?" I ask, realising that he hardly ever calls anyone by their first name. "I don't know... I- I guess it's just force of habit." he shrugs and ushers for me to get dressed.

I follow his orders and head to the bedroom to get dressed. I change into another pair of my black skinny jeans and a plain white top with Spencer's cardigan. Although my coat will cover it, the wooly warmth will still be there.

I head to the living room and pull on my boots as Spencer puts his coat back on.

***

When we arrive at Emily's, Spencer knocks on the door loudly and she answers. She still in her pyjamas and Derek is no where to be seen, although Garcia is. "Spencer, JJ!" she jumps to her feet when we enter the room and pulls us both into a tight hug. "how are my little strangers?" I laugh at her and Spencer's face reverts to a frown "we're great." I say as we take a seat on the sofa. Spencer doesn't say anything and I'm slightly confused about why he's being so distant with his closest friends.

Garcia brushes it off and Emily's toilet flushes. I look in the direction of the bathroom while Garcia and Emily both laugh at me. "It's just Kate, you don't have to look so worried!" Kate leaves the bathroom as Emily finishes talking and I laugh quietly at the fact I actually was worried for a moment.

Kate takes a seat by Garcia and Emily flicks through the TV channels. "Where's Morgan?" Spencer finally speaks and everyone looks at him. "Oh, he's actually renovating a cabin in lost river state park. That's where we're spending New year and guess what?" we all look at her waiting for the rest of the sentence. "You lot are too!" she smiles and Garcia squeals.
"Spending New Year's Eve with my favourite people!" Kate smiles up at her girlfriend and leans her head on her shoulder.

"What part of the place?" Spencer asks and Emily frowns. "Well the Park covers 3,712 acres, I was just... uh, making conversation." he smiles an little and Kate laughs. "Do you actually just know things like that?" Spencer's smile fades and he frowns like it's not normal to not know things like that. "He's a genius." Garcia answers for him and Spencer laughs "I'm uh- I'm not a Genius." he smiles again and everyone laughs.

I link my arm through his and lean into him when I notice him getting a little uncomfortable. He eases and relaxes into my body.

***

A few hours later Morgan walks through the door shirtless and shouts to Emily. "I'm all hot and bothered, come and satisfy me pri-" he turns to face us and his face holds the perfect shape to show what he's feeling. Emily blushes bright red as Morgan's horrified expression doesn't change.

Spencer is the first to break the silence with a loud laugh and he doesn't stop. "I'm all hot and bothered." he mocks and everyone but Derek and Emily joins him laughing.

"I'm sorry man, that was just hilarious." Spencer stands and pats Morgan on his muscular back. "shit, you really are hot aren't you?" He jokes while wiping his hand and Morgan shoves him, also laughing now.

The laughter calms down and Spencer retakes his seat as Morgan announces he's getting a shower. When he's gone Spencer implies that he's got to go and take care of himself now because they've got company and Emily blushes again.

"How was the trip to your parents' house?" she asks, trying to take the attention off of what Derek had said. "It was good..." I answer. "I really enjoyed seeing everyone and Henry is so big now!" Emily smiles and Spencer squeezes my thigh. "He likes me more than her though." he jokes and Emily laughs. "I'm sure he does." I nod no behind Spencer's back and Emily laughs again.

"He wants to stay at my house sometime soon, you can come and visit him when he does?" I offer and Emily nods. With her being my bestfriend, Henry saw a lot of her before we moved and he's known her all his life. Emily is his bestfriend too.

***

I sleep in Spencer's apartment that night, both wrapped in each other's arms once more. "Spence?"
"Yeah?" he sleepily asks.
"We should have Henry here after new year?" I roll over to face him and he grunts in approval. Obviously Henry will be staying in my apartment, but my apartment is practically Spencer's and vies versa. It only seemed right to see what he thought first.