Chapter 39

When we arrive home I can finally put my phone on charge after forgetting my charger on the trip. I take a quick shower and when I return my phone blows up with messages.

Mum: • Everything is fine, don't you worry yourself. xx •

Unknown Number: • Happy New Year JJ, I hope you're having fun. x •

Tracy: • HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM HENRY AND I!! we love you lots and lots!! xxx •

Mum: • and make sure you have fun tonight! •

Unknown Number: • It's Will by the way. •

Janice: • Happy New Year, have a nice night x •

Unknown Number: • I miss you x •

I scroll through the 7 texts quickly, only replying to my mother and Tracy. Janice is just an old school friend and I don't know how Will got hold of my new number, but I hope texting me doesn't become a regular thing.

"Someone's popular." Spencer says while entering my bedroom. I delete the text from Will quickly hoping Spencer doesn't see them and start an argument. "Hey." I force smile and he takes a seat on the end of my bed. If Will has my number, what if he knows exactly where I live and try's to contact me again. I shake the thought from my head and Spencer lifts my chin to meet my eyes.

"Are you ok?" He asks while running his callused thumb over my skin.

"Yeah, I- I'm fine." I force another smile an he frowns while squinting his eyes. "If you need to-"
"Spencer, will you just drop it? I said I'm ok." I move my chin from his hand and stand to receive some clothes from my wardrobe. "Fine." he states and leaves me alone in my room. The apartment door slams shut and when I poke my head out of my bedroom he is gone.

I sigh and change into pyjamas before resting my body on my bed again. Tears stroll down my cheeks, I'm so sick of running from Will... why can't he just leave me alone?

The apartment door swings open again and Spencer's angry face sweeps into my bedroom. "No. No I am not just going to leave you here. I know you're not ok, so you better start talking." He stands tall by the door with messier hair than what he had five minutes ago. "JJ fucking speak." He says through gritted teeth and I can't bring myself to meet his eyes. "What's going on? If you're getting sick of me, that's ok... everyone does. Just don't fucking leave me hanging JJ because it hurts. What is going on in that head of yours?" I look up and find his piercing hazel eyes glued to me.

"Nothing is wrong Spencer. Why can't you just leave it?" I ask and his frown deepens. "Because I love you JJ, or are you too fucking stupid to realise that." his words push on my chest. I'm not stupid, I just don't want him getting the wrong idea. His eyes scan my face again and he exhales deeply "It's Will." I finally answer and red flashes in his already angry eyes. "What about him?" He asks, his breathing becoming heavier. "He's been texting me." I sigh and he sits back down on the bed. "I told you I'd protect you and I will." he smiles hopefully trying to lighten the mood and kiss him gently. "Thank you... I just don't know what to do." I say worriedly, if Will finds my apartment I'll have to move again and that means leaving Spencer.

"We'll look for our own place as soon as we have the money together." Spencer reads my mind and I finally smile. His frown loosens and then he sighs "work again on Monday." I laugh at that being the only thought running through his mind and he kisses me again before leaving for the living room.

When I join him there's a large pizza on the table and three films. "I've got to go out and meet some people so I've called Emily, she's on her way... I looked for the uh, the soppiest chick flicks I could find and ordered this pizza... you could call Garcia too?" he awkwardly waves at the purchased items and zips up his coat. "I'll see you soon." he leaves before I can say anything and I take a seat on the sofa, grabbing the cheesiest slice of pizza I can see.

Spencer's POV:

I leave JJ alone in the apartment praying she'll be ok while I'm gone. When I leave the building I see a dark car parked over the road, all of the lights are off but I can still make out a silhouette. A feeling of anger builds inside of me if this is fucking Will I'm going to tear his head off.

"Hey you!" I shout toward car and a dim light becomes visible as the silhouette places a cigarette in his mouth and lights it. I make my way toward the car and the window rolls down. The man sticks his arm out flicks the ash to the ground and drives away.

I proceed to the other pavement and walk slowly in the direction I was previously going. "Fucking weirdo." I kick a can on the ground and another man steps from the shadows. "What did it ever do to you?" I look up to find the reason I'm out in this shitty weather. "Damien?"
"Spencer Reid, I never thought I'd have you come to me for help." he smirks and pulls down his black hood. His dark hair is long now and his piercing blue eyes dart through the locks covering his face. He is so choked out.

"Oh just shut up."
"That's no way to talk to your saviour." he cackles and snakes his arm around my shoulders. "How about we grab a drink?"

***

An hour later the drug addict in front of me is riddled with alcohol. "So, what is it you want?" He slams his glass on the table and looks up to meet my eyes. "Some dope, some smack? oh wait..." he smirks taking the last mouthful of his drink before leaning in closer to my face. "you want dilaudid?" His nasty eyes glint under the light of the bar and his rank breath sweeps up my nostrils.

Super short chapter and I'm really sorry!! I wanted to leave it on a cliff hanger... next chapter will be up soon 😊

If you're all wondering who Damien is, I picture him as Benton Farland from the mid season finale of season 10 he's in the picture for this chapter.