Chapter 21

"Spence?" I follow JJ's voice to the bathroom door.
"yeah?"
"I dropped the towel in the shower, can you grab me another." her voice is rushed and I can almost hear her embarrassed expression through her voice.

"Uh-I, I don't know wher-"
"They're in the cupboard I keep my sleeping bag in!" she shouts from behind the door. I smile to myself, satisfied by the fact I know where her sleeping bag is kept.

I head into her room, it's fairly tidy... apart from her unmade bed and a pile of the clothes she wore earlier. When I open the cupboard five towels fall at my feet. I grab the softest, wanting JJ to be as cosy as possible while stepping into the cold. It takes me a few minutes to put the others away because they keep falling back out.

Instead I throw them in and close the door as fast as I can, I guess they're just going to have to fall out on JJ. When I reach the bathroom the shower is no longer running, I hope she wasn't waiting long. "er, sorry I took so long." I say while knocking on the door.

"Just come in Spence." her voice causes a tingle down my spine and enter the room. The bathroom is steamy and warm, I look around a little not actually knowing what side the shower is on. I find JJ's face peaking from behind the shower curtain, a small smile planted on her lips.

Her long blonde hair has darkened due to the wetness and every few seconds a drop of water falls to the floor. I stand there awkwardly, having no clue what to do.

"What, are you gonna stand there all day?" she laughs and I open the piece of cloth up in front of her. She steps into my arms as I wrap towel around her small body. "Of course not." I finally say and she kisses my cheek before removing herself from my embrace.

I don't get it, I honestly don't get how she can turn me into such a boy. I'm rude, I tell people to fuck off daily, I don't like meeting new people, but JJ... JJ is different. She makes me weak in the knees, she makes me vulnerable and she makes me want to be a better person on a regular basis.

When I realise I'm still stood in the bathroom I head into the living area and take a seat on her couch.

JJ is ready within fifteen minutes and joins me in the living room to put on her shoes. "So, what made you want to go for coffee?" she smirks, obviously knowing I just want to spend time with her.

I don't answer, I can't be bothered to come up with a witty comment that will wipe that smile clean off her face because I love it. I love her smile.

***

A few hours later JJ and I are sat in my favourite coffee place. JJ ordered a hot chocolate and I went for the usual. "You drink a lot of coffee don't you?" JJ says while emphasising the 'a lot'. She's right though, I do. "My mum thinks that's why I'm so skinny." JJ laughs at me and I go quiet. I don't actually want to talk about my mum with her, not yet.

Even Morgan and Garcia don't know much about my mum, I don't think I'm ready to talk to anyone about it yet. "Did Emily text you back?" I ask, realising I still don't know what time we're supposed to be at Morgans for.

"Oh, yeah. She said about 7ish" she smiles and takes another sip of her hot chocolate. She looks cute, all bundled up in a wooly jumper drinking from a mug almost bigger than her head.

"How often do you come here?" she asks while looking around the room. "uh, at least four times a week. I like to grab a coffee before work sometimes." I shrug and she smiles. "Is that why Blake says you're always late?" she smiles wider and takes another mouthful from her mug in order to prevent herself from laughing at her own joke.

When I look at my watch it's almost four and I know we should head back because Morgan likes everyone to get there early, and I don't know how long it will take JJ to get ready. Even though she doesn't have to get ready.

***

When we reach the doors of our apartments JJ and I go our separate ways. When I get inside, I find myself wanting to sort out what I'm going to wear tonight. I don't know whether I'm supposed to look smart, or casual.

Eventually I give up and get a little something to eat while reading a few books. By six I know I have to get ready. I decide on a shirt and jeans, smart/casual and set off to Morgan's house.

JJ POV:
I knock again after getting no reply. "alright, alright... the fucking... down." I catch bits of what Spencer says as his foot steps make their way toward the door.

I knock one last time and the door opens. "What the fuck do you want?" Spencer's harsh words fill my ears and I instantly regret being the one to invite him. "JJ I-" he begins to talk but stops, a deep frown covers his brows and his eyes fix on mine.

He's wearing navy blue plaid pyjama bottoms and a white vest top that shows off his well defined arms. His hair is slightly messy... bed head... but it looks cute.

He scans me a little and I push my hair from my face. I watch his eyes and he laughs a little when they reach my feet. I wiggle my bare toes a little, uncomfortable under his stare.

"What's up?" His eyes meet mine again. "Em and Derek are having a little get together later... Rossi is cooking and I've been asked to invite you." his eyebrows soften.

"Why?" his answer comes out short and rushed. Almost like he wants me to go away, but he still wants to know what's going on.

I play with my fingers a little before answering. "they're kind of together now and want to celebrate or something, I don't know." I lean on his doorframe and his frown re appears, probably sensing my annoyance. "well, Rossi is a great cook and I'm a lazy slob that can't be arsed to do anything for myself." a feeling of excitement quickly washes over me, he's actually thinking about coming. "why not?" he smiles sarcastically and closes the door, without saying bye or anything.