Chapter 68

"You look nice." he states while dragging his eyes up and down my body, I shift slightly under his burning stare. I look up to meet his eyes and find a smirk covering his... lips. I have to look away immediately.

"Uh- thanks." WHY HAVE I GONE SO AWKWARD? it's just Spencer, it's not like he hasn't seen so much more than my bare legs. I blush again at the thought of us together and he takes a seat beside me.

I look around the room for Alex and Jake, I can't be left alone with Spencer. "JJ?" his hand grabs my thigh and a fire sets beneath my skin as I turn to face him again.

"Yeah? sorry." I force as smile in an attempt to cover my blush. Muscles deep inside me tense and I know that I need to get out of his grip.

"Do you want a drink?" he questions while looking down at his hand resting on my thigh. He snaps it back quickly and I begin to wonder if he just did it out if habit.

"I'm fine." I smile lightly and he nods, while downing his freshly made drink in one.

"You're fine?" he asks and I have a feeling he's not talking about me being thirsty. I nod my head and he looks around the room again. "Are you alone?" He asks again before looking at me.

"Uh no- Alex and Jake were here, I don't know where-" I stop when a deep frown covers his brows and his jaw becomes clenched. "What?" I question him this time, knowing something is wrong.

"Nothing." he states and takes another mouthful from his refilled glass. He runs his long fingers through his hair and then faces me again. "So, is Jake your-" he pauses, expecting me to know what he was going to say but I have no clue. "It doesn't matter." he forces a smile and then stands to his feet. "I need to take a leak." he heads in the direction of the toilet.

I scan the room looking for my friends until Jake prods my shoulder. "How are you?" He asks, keeping his warm hand on my skin.

"Ok I guess, this is- strange?"

"I know." he nods understandingly.

Spencer's POV:

I reach the doors of the bar Anderson's party is being held and and rest my forehead against the wood. I'm being stupid. So, so stupid. She's drunk, she doesn't really miss me it's just the alcohol speaking. She's got Jake now right?

"Shit, sorry man!" another man shouts at me as I fall backwards, rubbing my head that's just been battered with the wood. I ignore him and he walks away.

I walk inside the dark building hoping I spot her before I decide against this whole thing and go home.

The place is absolutely crowded and white noise is pouring from everyone's mouth. This was not a good idea. My subconscious reminds me and I slap it down. If I let these thoughts swim my head now, I'll be gone before I can take another step.

I can feel the deep frown covering my face while I scan the heads for JJ, I can't seem to find her anywhere. She's probably left with Jake. I grunt a little out loud and revive a strange look from the man beside me.

I move my eyes across the room to the bar and find JJ staring at me. I can't help the instant smile that covers my face, she looks absolutely amazing.

You're only here to be civil, she's moved on from you now.

The voice in my head becomes stern as I approach her, trying my hardest not to trip over my giant feet on the way.

"Hi Jennifer." I say as normal as I can, and she blushes slightly before looking down.

Fuck.

I've missed her face so much, her blonde hair is draped in curly locks over her shoulders and a strand becomes loose. I'm so desperate to push it away, just to- touch her- but I know I can't. She looks beautiful.

"You look nice." I say while moving my eyes over her body once more. She shifts slightly and I meet her eyes.

"Uh- thanks." she smiles and looks down again. Why won't she look at me?

"Do you uh- do you want a drink?" I ask awkwardly as she looks around the room. She doesn't answer and I can't feel the embarrassment creeping up my cheeks as the bar staff wait for our order. "JJ?" I say a little louder and she looks at me with a red face. What's going on?

"Uh yeah? sorry." She smiles lightly then moves her eyes to my large hand covering her bare leg. Shit.

"Do you want a drink?" I ask again and snatch my hand back. I can't ruin this for myself. I'd do anything to have her back but she's no mine anymore, if I keep touching her she won't want to be around me.

"I'm fine." she smiles and I nod before drinking the whole of the drink that's just been placed in front of me.

"You're fine?" I repeat and she looks up with a confused expression, before nodding again and scanning the room. "Are you here alone?" I can't help but ask. She constantly looking around for someone to come and save her from- me.

"No uh- Alex and Jake were here. I don't know-" she stops and her eyes soften as a from fixes above my brows. Jake.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I lie before taking another sip of my drink. I should never have come here, she doesn't care for me like that anymore. I'm not good enough for her.

"So is Jake your-" I pause, do I really want her to answer that question? Yes. No- no I don't want her to break my heart into pieces. "It doesn't matter." I finish as she joins me frowning. "I need to take a leak." More like you need to get your self out of here. The voice in the back of my head sneers as I make my way to the bathroom.

When I return I'm confronted with the answer to my damned question. My eyes begin to sting as Jennifer's lips lock with Jakes. He deepens their kiss while moving closer to her and I can't peel my eyes from the awful sight. She pulls back and my heart jolts at the thought of her not wanting to kiss him until he does it again and her mouth moves along with his.

I can't do this.

I can't think properly, I've had just two drinks and already my calm thoughts are raging with anger. He is a prick. He's a bastard. He's a complete fool.

We've been apart for two weeks, two fucking weeks and already he's pounced on her. Already he's fucking her, in my apartment.

I leave the bar with tears now streaming down my face.

"Woah. Calm down you bastard." a man shouts through the crowd when I barge past him.

I turn to look at his tattooed face an he laughs. "You're fucking crying?" He slaps his friends back and points toward me.

"What did you just say?" I call while wiping my eyes and he laughs again. Before I can stop myself I'm on top of the man with my fist repeatedly connecting with his jaw.

I feel my shirt rip as another guy pulls me off of him and I'm then hit in the stomach. The crowd around us disperses, creating room for the fight to take places as I lunge my self on top of him again.

The man falls to the ground and his friend steps in front of him, punching my in the face and helping him stand. I stagger back and wipe my bloody nose with my white sleeve before knocking the man to the floor.

He moves out of the way, afraid of begin hit again and the man I was fighting first looks at me with a deep frown before pulling a knife from his pocket.

"You're barking up the wrong tree punk." he spits the blood from his mouth and moves closer to me.

Do I really care if he stabs me? my life is practically over anyway.

Short chapter, sorry!!