Chapter 6: Spencers pov

Coldness sweeps through the collar of my giant coat as I approach my apartment building. I know I'm approximately twelve meters from the door and I know I'll be inside within ten to thirteen seconds. I also know that I don't need to pull up my hood because in a few moments I'll be inside, but I still do it.

I walk right through the doors with my hood pulled as far over my head as I can get it. As soon as my converse touch the carpet Marcus looks up as though his spidey senses are tingling. A frown sets upon his face and I try to hide my face with my hair. "Mr Reid." He says something to the blonde woman stood before him and attempts to catch up with me.

I move faster knowing that although I'm not very fit, I could still out pace him with my long legs. I take two steps at a time. "Mr Reid, I'm afraid you're going to have to take your hood down." I continue up the stairs. "C'mon man, you make this job so hard!" I can't help but smile a little when I hear the pain in his voice. "Chill Marcus." I say and turn to the next set of stairs and out of his sight.

I hear a few voices as I proceed to take two steps at a time, I assume he's talking to the blonde lady that was with him. Probably his girlfriend.

Eight flights of stairs and four floors up later and I reach the top. As I head down the corridor to my room I hear the lift doors open and footsteps behind me.

While I'm walking I pat my pockets in search of my apartment key, I can't find it and I can feel the persons eyes boring into me. I stop at my door and take of my coat, shaking it quick and hard in an attempt to get my key fast. I can hear it jingling, but I can't find it. "Oh for fuck sake." I kick my door in a strop and shake my coat one last time.

The person beside me is the girl from the lobby and she's staring right at me. The key falls from my pocket, I pick up from the ground and quickly shove it into the lock. The blonde girl is still staring at me, oh my god.

After turning my key I look blankly at the door, the woman continues to stare. "Is there something wrong?"
She doesn't say anything so I turn my head slightly attempting to intimidate her without looking at her. "Well?" I ask again in a harsher tone.

She takes a key from her own pocket and places it in the keyhole. She continues to ignore me as she turns it and grabs the handle. I hate ignorant people, especially ignorant people that stare. I open my door and leave her in the hall with the words "ignorant bitch."

When I enter my living room it's the usual shade of grey, I leave my curtains closed most of the time, I prefer it that way. I trip over a stack of books I read last week on my way to my favourite arm chair and pick up another book I've already read 12 times.

After an hour, I've read three books and ate. I decide to get a shower before I head round to Derek's house.

***

"Reid, get your ass over here and say hello to Aaron." I shoot Morgan a glare, Aaron hasn't hung out with us since Hayley got pregnant, now she's popped, he thinks he can come back.

I move my eyes to Aaron, his hands are wrapped firmly around his phone and a smile plastered over his face. Garcia is stood beside him pointing at the screen and also smiling. "He's the cutest little thing in the world!" She smiles wider than Aaron and pulls him into a hug. He laughs a little and draws away looking at me.

"Reid, I'm sorry I-" I stand to my feet and his voice trails off, his smile fades and the familiar frown appears. "Why are you so serious Hotch?" I extend my hand for him to shake. I'm not a big fan of shaking hands, the number of pathogens passed through just a handshake is staggering, it's actually safer to- "Reid, you ok?" Morgan snaps me from my thoughts and I look down at my hand dangling in the air.

I stare at it for a moment and look back up. "Special occasion." I shrug and take Aaron's hand in mine. "Congratulations." Morgans bewildered face causes me to smirk as I retake my seat. That's probably the first time he's seen me shake someone's hand, I might start doing it more often if I get a reaction like that off him.

"How about we head to mine for a few drinks?" I say while pulling my coat on. "Now you're talking kid." Morgan smiles and I frown. I hate it wen he calls me kid, 30 really isn't that young.