Chapter 13

"Why are you here Will?" I say turning back around to continue walking. His car drives in front of me and pulls up. "JJ, I just wanted to see you." He says with a hopeful face. He's in a light blue shirt and black trousers, when he notices me looking he smiles. "By the look of it you wanted to see me too?" He steps closer, his smile growing.

"The reason I moved over here was because I didn't want to be near you. Why do you always have to follow me?" His smile fades as I feel a pang of guilt. Will was a great guy, I just wasn't in love with him like I thought I was. When we spilt up, he took it badly and began to follow me everywhere.

"Just give me another chance?" He steps closer again and places his palms on my shoulders. "You meant everything to me, I'll do anything to get you back." He says while looking deep into my eyes. "Will, I don't love you... I'm sorry."

He ignores my comment and attempts to kiss me, when I try to push him away his strong arms pull me tighter and his lips constantly push against mine. "Will, stop." I try to muster up enough strength to get him off me, but I'm no where near strong enough. "Don't act like you didn't miss me Jennifer." He pushes me up against his car and begins to paw at my hips and thighs.

I close my eyes praying the worst doesn't happen when Will is forcefully pulled off of me. When I open my eyes he's on the ground with Spencer towering over him. "What? You think it's alright to act like such a twat?" Spencer growls at Will as he clambers to his feet.

I watch as he frowns at Spencer and takes a step forward insinuating he isn't afraid of him. "She's my girlfriend-"
"Was your girlfriend Will." I chip in and Spencer's tight shoulders relax a little. "Stop playing around JJ." Will shouts back and a glint of anger pierces Spencer's eyes.

"Now how about you back off." Will looks back to Spencer who's body separates His from mine. He attempts to walk toward me again, but Spencer's arm raises and creates another barrier between us. "You better watch your moves kid." Will says while looking Spencer right in the eye.

"And why is that?" Spencer smirks and slowly pushes Will backward. I watch as my ex boyfriend angrily moves Spencer's hands from his chest and pushes him hard. Spencer stumbles slightly at the force of Will's arms, but quickly recovers and connects his fist with the right hand side of Wills jaw.

He falls to the floor clasping the side of his mouth with blood seeping through his fingers. "If I was you I'd fuck off before I call the police." Spencer's tone is threatening and Will makes his way to the car I'm no longer leaning against.

He drives off leaving Spencer and I on an empty street. "Spencer I-"
"Just shut up JJ." He cuts me off while rubbing his chest and watching Will's car turn the corner.

He faces me and his deep frown fades. "I'm, I'm sorry... I just-" I step toward him and place my hand on his cheek. "Spence, it's ok." I have nothing else to say, if it wasn't for Spencer I don't know what Will would have done.

He pulls me into a hug and I let go of the breath I didn't know I was holding. His long arms comfort me and I rest my head on his shoulder. We stand there for a little while, his warm breath blowing over my neck and my hair draping over his shoulder.

"Wanna go home?" Spencer releases me and I look into his eyes. They're still slightly glazed and I know all of this won't last. The minute he becomes sober, he won't want to be around me again. His eyes move between mine and his brows furrow "what's wrong?" He smiles hopefully and instead of causing a fuss, I agree to go home.

SPENCER'S POV:

We begin to walk down the road and JJ's moon lit hair drifts in the breeze. I can feel the air cooling and I know we're not going to be able to walk all the way home, but i sure want to. I might still be a little bit drunk, but I know I like walking with JJ and I know I always want it to be like this.

A car drives past us and a drunken passenger screams at us through the window. JJ jumps and takes hold of my arm as I scream after them. "Fucking bastards!" We continue to walk and JJ doesn't remove her arm from mine. Instead, she hooks it through the gap and I find myself pulling her closer.

I can feel the smile creeping across my lips but I don't care. "We should call a cab?" I stop walking and look down at JJ, she smiles agreeing with me and we wait for a taxi.

***

When we arrive back at the apartment building, we both head toward the lift. Marcus clocked off early and I'm glad, I seriously can't be arsed with his staring.

JJ's arm stays hooked through mine all the way until we reach our doors. There's a little bit of awkward tension as she removes her arm and looks for her keys. I open my door and smile at her before entering my apartment and leaving her in the hall.

Was I supposed to have kissed her? We're not in a relationship, but we did kiss earlier and- "Spence?" A knock at the door and JJ's sweet voice breaks me from my thoughts. I quickly open it, desperate to see her again even though it's only been a few seconds.

"What's wrong?" Her face is slightly red and the contents of her bag are covering the floor. "Emily has my key." An embarrassed smile covers her face and i can't help but laugh. "And what do you want me to do about it?" I know what she wants, I just want to hear her say it.

Her smile fades and I realise what I just said. "I- I" oh fuck. Here I go with the stupid fucking stuttering again. "JJ- I... Erm... You can stay here if you want? I'll jump on the sofa?" I step backwards and point at my book covered arm chair. She smiles and picks her things up.

"Thanks Spencer, I just-"
"it's fine." I kind of liked it when she called me Spence. She cautiously steps inside and takes a seat on the edge of the arm chair I'm going to be sleeping on.

"I- erm- do you want a drink?" She nods her head no. "I don't know- erm, do you wanna go sleep now or?" She laughs at me and stands. "Spencer, stop acting weird... Wheres that attitude of yours?" She pushes my chest in a playful way. "You must have drained it before. I need to re charge." I pull her close to me again. My arms wrapped around her waist and her breasts pressed against my chest.

She looks up to me and lifts her self on to her tip toes to peck me on the lips. She pulls away again, but I can't stop myself from pulling her back to kiss her properly.

I feel her relax in my arms and I know that I want this forever. When her lips leave mine, I take off my shirt and hand it to her. She looks at me confused. "You're gonna need something to sleep in aren't you?" She takes it smiling and i direct her to the bathroom to change.

When she returns I can feel the redness creeping up my skin. I can't help it, seeing her in my shirt is driving me crazy. The Tshirt reaches mid way down he thighs and her hair falls over he shoulders. Her sun kissed skin is shining under the 20 lights I have lit and a shy smile covers her face. "My bed- my room is through there." I point to the side of her and she smiles.

I've already replaced my clothes with my pyjamas and I have sheets on the chair ready to sleep. I begin to open them when I realise JJ is still stood watching me.

"You don't have to stay in here you know... I'm pretty sure your double bed will fit us both in it." She smiles again and heads into my room. I don't need to be asked twice. Within a few short seconds, I'm on the other side of the bed.

JJ leans into me, resting her head on my chest. "This is so weird." I sigh while she finds my hand and plays with my fingers. I feel her laugh and I reach for her hair, slowly threading it through my fingers.

Just last week I was a complete dickhead toward her, now I'm lay in my bed with her beside me. No sex, just JJ's warm skin pressed against mine.