Chapter 62

Emily and Derek join me in the apartment again, a giant smile covering each of their faces.

"Hey blondie, where's Reid?" Morgan asks with a smirk and Emily squeezes his arm.

"I uh- I thought he was with you?" I question and he frowns.

"What's going on?" he takes a seat on the opposite sofa and Emily sits beside me.

"We argued... he uh- he left. I just assumed he'd be with you-" I turn to face Emily, almost crying. "You don't think he'll be with Damien do you?"

"Damien? woah, wait... You mean Damien the drug dealer Damien?" Morgan says while waving his hands slightly.

I nod.

"Hold on, why would he be with Damien? Reid and I sorted this out last time, he promised me he wouldn't go near that creep again." he sighs while rubbing his bald head.

I begin to cry, realising that Damien must have supplied Spencer with the drugs last time. What if he's with him now... taking again?

"Wait, I'll uh- I'll call him." Derek stands and takes his mobile from his jeans pocket before stepping outside again.

"I thought we'd sort things out." I cry and Emily wraps her arm around me.

"It's going to be ok. You guys are crazy for each other, I see it every time he looks at you." She soothes while rubbing her hand up and down my arm.

"He told me to fuck off and ended the call before I could say anything." Morgan says when he re enters the room.

More tears fall when I find out he's being rude to his closest friend too, usually he'd be here now and we'd be sorting everything out.

Emily hugs me and I eventually bring myself to stop crying, he obviously doesn't care about me anymore. It was nice while it lasted.

Spencer POV:

I wake in the morning with the worst headache I've ever had. I shouldn't have gone out and got completely pissed last night, but it was the only thing that could take my mind off-

"Morning." I completely loose track of my thoughts when a thin arm snakes around my waist.

"JJ?" I question while rolling over. "Fuck- who are- what are you doing here?" I question the brunette from my mothers institution.

"Don't act like you didn't invite me here Spencer." she says with a hint of sadness in her voice and I instantly feel bad.

"Look, I don't know-"

"It's ok Spencer, we didn't have sex if that's what you're worried about." She flashes me an embarrassed smile and I nod.

"What, uh- what happened then?" I stutter and she laughs.

"We almost did, you were just too... I don't know how to-"

"Just fucking spit it out." I groan and fall back on to the extremely white pillows.

"You wanted her." she forces a smile and I frown. "Jennifer, I'm guessing you call her JJ often though cause you said that a few times."

"Said it?" I question sitting up again and finding myself topless.

"We were kissing and that... I uh- I-" she nods toward my lower half and I laugh out loud at her embarrassment. "You called her name." she pauses. "Multiple times."

Fuck.

"I'm sorry I-"

"It's ok Spencer, I understand."

"Are we at your-"

"No, we're in a hotel. You were pretty ready for it at first, we were on our way to my place but you couldn't wait." she laughs lightly and I rub my face.

"Hotel?" I question and she nods. "I need to shower... you uh- you don't need to leave."

She smiles in a flirtatious manner and I force a smirk before heading into the conjoined bathroom. She just doesn't turn me on the way JJ do- did.

JJ hasn't even tried to call me since all this, what if she's really done with me? If she called me herself and told me to come back, I'd be at her feet in a second and I don't know why. It's crazy what she does to me, but I love it and I love her.

I realise the water has been running for three minutes and thirty eight seconds already, so I quickly pull down my boxers and climb in to the stream of water.

When I'm done I wrap a towel around my waist and head back into the bedroom.

"Did I bring my bag?" I question, realising I need a change of clothes.

"Yeah, I don't know where you put it though, it's probably over there somewhere... that's where you-"

"Please- stop." I beg and she frowns.

"I just, I don't want to keep talking about it... it's pretty embarrassing that I kept-"

I'm cut off by my phone ringing in the area my bag was claimed to be. I root through my clothes and find Morgan calling me.

I answer it without even thinking about the woman behind me.

"Uh, hello?"

"Reid, thank god. What's going on? where are you?" his voice is hushed, but still slightly frantic.

"I'm just... I needed to see my mum." I admit, if I didn't come here to LA and visit my mum I'd probably be all drugged up and half dead right now.

"JJ is-"

"Listen, I don't want to talk about it."

"You could have come to me man."

"I know, I know... Emily was at our- JJ's and I just thought maybe you wanted to-"

"JJ's? you mean you're completely done now?" he questions and the words press my stomach like a fucking rock.

"Yes- No- I don't know... it's complicated... Yes." I finish and he sighs.

"Spencer?" the brunette calls my name and I look up to find her approaching me.

"Who is that?" Morgan calls me out and I deny anyone being with me. "Stop lying Reid, I definitely just heard a woman's voice."

"Its just a nurse from my mothers institution." It's not exactly a lie, she is and nothing happened between us.

"Oh erm-"

"Maybe you should end the call now, we can sort that embarrassment issue from last night." She runs her finger across my bare chest and Morgan grunts.

"You're kidding me?"

"What?" I question although I know exactly what he's thinking.

"You slept with her? You can't do this to her Kid, she loves you."

"Stop calling me fucking kid!" I shout down the phone and hang up.

Instead I take my anger out on the brunette who's hair is clearly a natural blonde. This time, not calling Jennifer's name.