Chapter 61

The plane takes off and I watch the earth grow small from my seat by the window. The only thing running through my mind is what JJ could be doing now.

Does she miss me like I miss her, even though it's been just two hours and twenty eight seconds? Does she keep replaying our last few minutes together in her head like I do?

I close my eyes and rest my head against the back of my seat, thinking back to two hours ago.

***

I open the door to our apartment slowly, thinking JJ would still be sleeping. I silently make the short walk to the bedroom and poke my head through the half closed door.

My side of the bed is messy and there's a body lay on JJ's side. Confused, I take a step toward the bed, but then hear the shower start up.

Wait, how can she be in the bed and in the bathroom? "Jayje?" I call her name but I don't get a reply from the bedroom or the bathroom.

I choose to check the bathroom properly and when I enter, I trip over JJ's pyjama shorts and fall into the toilet.

I quickly recover and pull the shower curtain back.

"Hi"

"Uh- hi" She says while grabbing the shower curtain to cover herself and I laugh.

"What are you doing?" I ask while pulling it from her grip, revealing every curve on her body. My eyes slowly move from her toes to her hips, to her chest and then to her frowning face.

"I was showering." She says bluntly, and I frown too. I get that's she's mad, but I'd happily make it up to her right now.

"Can I join you?" I ask and her eyes move over my topless, bloody body.

"Is that from Will?" She reaches out and runs her wet fingers down my arm. Will? What the fuck.

I pull away from her soft touch and look up with a deep frown. "Will?" She doesn't answer and I can feel my anger growing with every second she leaves hanging in the air. "Jennifer fucking answer me." I grab her still outstretched arm tightly and she flinches from my touch. I let go quickly realising I must be hurting and her skin reddens slightly.

"He-"

"He what? are you- is that him in our bed?" I shout and she flinches again. I take large steps toward the bathroom door. I'm going to fucking kill that bastard.

I swing the bathroom door open and hear it crash against the tiled wall. She slept with him? He was fucking her while... I shake the idea from my head when my eyes begin to sting. I'm going to kill him.

"Spencer!" She grabs my arms and I turn around as she shouts in my face "It's Emily!" Her small fists collide with my chest as my stinging eyes allow my tears to fall. She hits me again and I grab her wrists.

She looks up to my face and a feeling of lust floods through me. I'd do anything to fuck her up that wall right now, but I'm... I'm crying. I'm fucking crying.

"I- I'm sorry." She says quietly and I let go of her. Instead of standing in the hall like an idiot I lead the way back to the bathroom and close the door behind JJ.

She turns to face me shivering slightly so I grab the towel from the ground and throw it at her. if she doesn't cover up soon, I won't be able to stop myself.

"I'm sorry-"

"You thought I'd actually-"

Yes.

"No JJ I-"

"You thought he was in our bed Spencer. You thought that while you were gone I slept with him."