Chapter 18, Spencers pov

When I step out of the elevator I find that everyone has already entered their officies. I look at my watch wondering how late I actually am, while breaking into a small jog.

When I enter my office I hear a laugh. "Not late!! I've still got 0.8 seconds to spare!" I look up to face Blake and a gasping blonde. Of course she'd be the new girl and of course she'd be working in the same office as me.

"Reid, this is Jennifer." She gestures toward the reason I smiled two weeks ago. "I know." I say harshly, hoping Blake will drop the introduction. I take a seat at my desk and throw my bag on the ground at my feet.

I hear Blake say a few things to JJ and then they both part. I see the blonde take one of the desks facing mine. fucking great. She's not right in front of me, but she's still close enough for me to see her pretty little face.

I sit there for a few seconds watching her, I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. She's dressed smartly, black blazer and trousers with a plain blue shirt. Her long hair hangs in waves over her shoulders and falls down her back. Her blue eyes are lined with mascara, her perfectly defined cheek bones are brushed with a little red and her lips, god those lips. They're a little pinker than usual and I just want to walk across the room and taste them again. I know can't though.

She looks up and her eyes meet mine, I want to look away, I have to look away but I can't. We're both looking at each other intently until one of us breaks the stare. Of course it was JJ, she's obviously not interested in me anymore, but it's probably for the best.

JJ's POV:
Blake laughs at the tall man facing us with a slightly red face. I cat get a word out of my mouth, I think I might have gasped, but nothing else.

He stands there in the doorway for a few seconds looking at Blake and I. "Reid, this is jennifer" Blake makes a gesture toward me and I almost laugh at her.

"I know." he fires with his eyebrows in their usual position. He walks past us and throws his bag on the ground by his feet. "Ok, maybe you should take it to heart? I mean, he's never ignored me before." Blake says with a worried face. "erm, just take a seat at that empty desk." she points ahead of Spencer toward the large windowed wall.

I take a seat and begin to open a few files, I can feel Spencer's eyes on me and I'm doing everything I can not to look back at him.

Eventually I give in and look up. I find his brown eyes locked straight onto mine and we both enter some kind of trance. We both continue to stare and I know he's not going to be the first to stop. Maybe I won't either? I mean I could look at him all day.

His hair is pushed loosely to one side with the curls on top still slightly messy. He's wearing the navy blue cardigan I've grown to love and black jeans with his black converse. His shirt is the same colour as mine and there's glasses planted over his eyes. I'm actually quite shocked I've just noticed them.

After at least a minute of staring, I feel more eyes on me. My eyes leave Spencer's and find Blake's instead. She looks at me confused and nods toward the door.

She leaves the room and shortly after, I follow her, not looking at Spencer once. She leads me toward a little break out area and faces me smiling. "what's going on with you two?" she asks raising her eyebrows.

"Nothing. He's just a neighbour." I say, almost wishing it was true. "Looked like you guys were having eye sex to me, but I guess..." She nods slowly and her eyes focus on something... someone behind me. She grabs a coffee and leaves the room quickly.

Spencer stands in the doorway leaning against the frame, frowning, but looking at me with interest. "coffee?" He asks and shifts his eyebrows slightly. Is he taking the mickey? what is it with all these stupid games, he's always hot or cold, never neutral.

I decline his offer and he closes the door behind him before walking toward me. He stops with his body just inches from mine. I look up at his bothered face and he moves his eyes to behind me.

I move to the side slightly as he leans over me in reach of a cup. I know it would make things so much easier and less awkward if I moved... I just can't. I like the feeling of him towering over me, the feeling of him being in control.

I look back up to him and his tired eyes meet mine. "Are you sure?" he says while holding the cup up between us. I look at the cup and then back up to his face.

I know he wants me to stay there so he can continue to tease me with what I can't have. I'm not on about the coffee either, I'm on about him.

Instead of answering I move to one side allowing him full access to the coffee machine. "Wow... I thought you'd never move out of my way." He places his cup on the counter and pours a few heaped spoons of sugar inside.

I'm just about to leave when I feel his strong arms around my waist, pulling me back. His face is just inches from mine, I can see my reflection in his glasses as he whispers into my mouth. "Don't leave me Jennifer." God I wish he knew what he was doing to me. He pushes his lips against mine and I allow him. The constant need for his touch washes away and is replaced with a feeling if relief. Our mouths move in sync and his arms pull me tighter. His hot breath tastes like mints and his long hair tickles my forehead.

His mouth moves from my lips, to my kneck. He sucks and nips at it a little and I throw my head back while grabbing his. A moan leaves his mouth as I tug at his hair. He moves his hands from my waist to my bum and back. One stays there, gently squeezing as his mouth meets mine again.

Goosebumps rise on my skin, every inch of my body wanting to be closer to his. He leads us backwards so that I'm almost sat on the table people eat their lunch on. Our mouths still don't separate as our legs come to a hault, his crotch pushing against my thigh.

I can feel him growing and that's when he stops. "Not here." he says while catching his breath. My body aches, still longing for more, I wish he would have taken me. Right then and there on that table people will soon be eating off, but instead he gathers himself and leaves.