Chapter 37

"I bought you that hot chocolate you like, and..." I switch the drinks to just one hand and steady them as they wobble. I have to dig deep into my pocket for the crisps I also bought her, but she loves them and If I drop the drinks I'll just run out and buy more. "Some Cheetos." I say, finally reaching the packet and pulling it from my coat before looking up at her. I dangle it between us and smile at her.

She joins me and then steps back so that I can come in. "I haven't actually cleaned yet, I'm sorry for the mess." She pulls the blue cardigan she's wearing tighter around her and I arc my brow. She's wearing my favourite cardigan, but I love it on her. I place the cups on the kitchen counter before speaking. "I'm more worried about how and why you're wearing my favourite cardigan?" I grab the edges where the buttons are supposed to fasten and pull her to me. She begins to blush and I feel myself smiling.

"It's my favourite too." She says quietly and a tingle runs through my body. She makes me so weak. I laugh lightly and then give in to the voice telling me to kiss her. I peck the end of her nose, knowing if I kiss her lips I won't stop. I give her the hot chocolate preventing myself from kissing her more and she thanks me, then kisses me properly. Fuck.

She heads through the archway and back into her living room, taking a seat on her sofa and I join her. "Wow, this place really is a tip isn't it?" I tease her and she jolts me hard in the ribs. "Ow!" I shout and she begins to laugh.

We both settle and she puts Quantico, her favourite TV show box set on. I watch her watch the screen. I've done this before, watched her watch TV, I just didn't appreciate it as much as I do now. She looked so beautiful there in that moment. She always looked beautiful, but right there, with her blonde hair draped over her shoulders. With her blue eyes reflecting the light coming from the TV screen and my cardigan hugging her skin, JJ was the image of beautiful. I watch her for a few moments, taking in the perfect silhouette and each crease that appears around her mouth when she smiles at the nerdy guy when he rambles. I watch her squint her eyes when the murderer kills another woman. I watch drink her hot chocolate from the cardboard cup and... I fall in love.

"Who do you think the killer is?" She turns to face me and I realise she's speaking. "What?" I ask, hoping she will repeat it because she's the reason I didn't hear her the first time. "Who do you think killed all of those people?" She says again, this time nodding toward the TV screen. I follow her eyes.

"Oh- uh... erm well the guy has to be a Narcissist, he's basically begging for attention and recognition with each kill-" Her eyes open wide and I can't tell if it's because I'm rambling, or if it's because of what's coming out of my mouth. "sorry, uh- that guy there." I point to the screen, diverting her attention from me for a millisecond when she looks back smirking. I look at the TV screen and of course there's a fucking baby gargling while playing with it's toys. "I'm sorry, I wasn't actually watching... but the guy is definitely a narcissist, just look for the character that's the most full of himself and you'll have your murderer." She looks back at the TV as the FBI agents deliver a profile to the local police. The nerdy guy says almost the same thing I did and I smile proudly. "See."
"Oooh, look at you. My little smarty pants." I laugh as she hugs me tightly, a feeling of happiness drifting throughout my body. JJ is my definition of happiness.

"So, what do you want to do today?" I ask, looking down at her small face. "I don't actually know." She sighs. "How about we go and see Morgan and Prentiss?" I suggest and she sits up slightly. "Why do you always refer to everyone by their last name?" She questions and I realise she almost never calls them by their second names. "I don't know... I- I guess it's just force of habit." I shrug, slightly annoyed with myself for stuttering and gesture for her to get dressed.

She gets up and heads into the bedroom, a few minutes later returning in her clothes and still my cardigan. I smile, she looks so cute in my clothes. I begin put my coat back on as she puts her shoes on and we make our way downstairs.