Chapter 90

Spencer and I get hundreds of strange looks when we arrive at the airport in our pyjamas.

"Spence, I knew this was a bad idea." I whisper shout while trying to keep up with his long strides.

"It's fine, nobody cares." he says while frowning and pushing his way through crowds of people.

"Everyone is looking." I'm aware that I sound like a complete idiot, but I don't like it.

"Jennifer, stop whining." Spencer laughs and grabs my hand, slowing his pace so that I can keep up with him.

We board the plane a few minutes later and Spencer lets me take the seat by the window.

"Have you ever been to Vegas?" Spencer asks while squeezing my thigh. I nod my head no and he smiles. "It's pretty great." He let's go of my leg and my burning skin screams for him to touch it again.

It's crazy, we're on a plane, in our pyjamas, getting funny looks from everyone around us, yet all I can think about is us- together.

"JJ?" Spencer's voice snaps me from my thoughts and when my eyes focus on his face he laughs. "Do you need a drink?" He gestures to the air hostess beside him and I can feel the redness creeping up my cheeks as I decline.

"Are you ok? Have you flown before?" Spencer asks me with a concerned look covering his face.

"I'm fine and of course I have." I laugh at him and he nods slowly.

"I wonder what shitty shows they have on these things." he switches on the small TV hanging from the aeroplane ceiling.

Star Trek is the first thing that shows up on the screen and Spencer slouches in appreciation before looking at me. "You don't-"

"It's fine." I assure him, knowing exactly what he was going to ask. I can put up with doctor who, I actually kind of like it, but Star Trek is a no no.

He smiles and rests his head on my shoulder, allowing what's left of his long hair fall in a small halo over the fabric of the cardigan of his I'm wearing.

Five hours later, Spencer and I are leaving the airport in Vegas and climbing in a cab to the hotel.

"Almost 1pm, lunch?" he smiles when we've finished dumping our suitcases in our room.

"Look at this, it's huge!" I gawp at the king size bed and Spencer laughs.

"Imagine all the fun we could have in that." His arms snake around my waist as he hugs me from behind and gently kisses my neck.

My eyes scan the rest of the room as Spencer rests his chin on my shoulder. There's a long window stretching along most of the far wall, with just an extremely thin net curtain covering it. The carpet we're standing on looks fluffy and clean, and the en suit is giant.

"Lunch?" Spencer asks again and I turn to face him.

"Ok."

"Okay?"

"Yeah." I take his hand in mine and we leave the hotel room. Spencer locks it behind us and we make our way downstairs and outside.

"Where should we go?" I ask, knowing nothing about Vegas is going to be a killer, Spencer has complete control over what we do.

"Jennifer, we're right outside the Vegas strip, we can go anywhere." he laughs and we make our way down the busy street.

***

"Ok, so we've got a whole day to our selves... well almost a whole day, it is kind of 3pm..."

I arch my brow at the man sat in front of me an he bows his head with a small laugh before looking up. "Ok, half a day. What do you want to do?"

"I don't know, what can we do?"

"There's all sorts, we could..."

Honestly, I don't even listen to what he says. Instead I watch him talk. I watch his mouth move and change into a variety of different shapes. I watch the facial expressions he pulls with each sentence. I watch him twirl the straw in the glass of chocolate milkshake on the table in front of him. I watch as a strand of hair slowly falls on to his forehead and how he effortlessly moves it away with a flick of his wrist. I watch the way his eyes dart around the room as he talks, because he's so awkward he can't hold eye contact. I've never loved anyone the way I love Spencer Reid.

Sure, I've had my fair share of relationships and a few of them worked out great. I liked the guys, some more than others, but I've never loved someone so much one word from their mouth can leave me in a puddle on the ground. Not like Spencer, he's set a fire inside me that I can't put out.

A smile spreads over his lips and a laugh breaks me from the phase i'd fallen into. "You're staring." he states and my cheeks burn up.

"I wasn't." I protest and he laughs more.

"You so was!" he calls me out while moving the hair from behind my ear to my face.

I give up defending my self and just laugh with him. "Come on." Spencer stands to his feet and pulls on his coat before holding out his hand. "Let's go for a walk."

I take his hand and he aids me to my feet. He leaves a note on the table before the two of us leave the cafe.

Just 10 chapters left!! arghhh, it's gone so quickly!! I'm sorry if the chapters have been short lately, I'm going to try really hard to make the next one super long!!