Chapter 76

"I think I going to be sick." I call out to Sean with my head in his toilet and I hear him cuss me out before closing his bedroom door.

I throw up three times into the water before my body gives up and I lay on the bathroom floor. Thankfully I'm not this ill from the dilaudid, I'm this ill because I came back and drank every last bit of booze Sean had stored here. The drugs are in my bedside draw.

I groan loudly and roll over on to my back. JJ is probably with Jake again now, both laughing at how stupid I was to think she accepted the date because she still wants me.

I'm gonna go over there.

I climb to my feet an heave over the toilet again, this time nothing comes out and I quickly wash my face.

We'd only been split up two weeks and he's already sunk his teeth into her, Jennifer is mine and I'm not going to let her go that easy.

My head is pounding and alcohol is circling my body using my veins as it's transport. I might still be drunk, incredibly drunk, but I know what I want.

***

By the time I reach JJ's apartment I've downed another two cans of beer in order to gain the confidence I was loosing.

I knock loudly on the door and Morgan answers. "Reid?" he steps outside and closes the door quietly behind him. "You shouldn't be here." His frown is prominent and a feeling of anger begins to grow inside me. "She doesn't want to see you."

"Don't you think I fucking know that Derek?" I snarl and he frowns deeper.

"Look, I've got nothing against you Reid, you know that. I just don't think now is a good time."

I rest my forehead on the plasterboard wall along with one of my fists. The other soon joins with a loud bang and Morgan grunts.

"I just need to see her, I didn't nothing wrong Morgan. She just left, she left me." my anger comes out as tears and I feel Derek's strong hand on my shoulder.

"Come back tomorrow when you're sober."

"No. I need to see her now, I need to see her before I fuck up again!" I shout knowing that of I go home now, I will take the dilaudid.

"Derek- it's ok." JJ pushes past him and stands in front of me with a tear stained face.

Morgan leaves us alone in the hall and JJ bites her lips while staring at the wall. I can tell she's fighting back tears and I find myself hoping it's because she wants me as much as I want her.

"Jennifer-"

"What are you doing here Spencer?" she rolls her eyes and a tear makes it's way down her cheek. I can't help but step forward and brush it away with my thumb.

Our bodies are centimetres away from touching and she won't even look at me. I move my hand down her cheek and tilt her chin upwards, forcing her to meet my eyes.

She moves them between mine while scanning my face. "Why did you leave me?" I finally ask while still looking into her eyes.

She takes a long blink, allowing another tear to fall down her face. "Because I can't-" she stops and releases herself from my grip, taking a step backwards.

"You can't what JJ? I spent so much time trying to make tonight special for you. Our first valentines day and you just walked out on me... for fuck all."

JJ's POV:

"It wasn't our valentines day though was it Spencer?" How can he be so oblivious to what he's doing to me?

He frowns deeply while stepping away from me as I did him just minutes ago.

"I wanted it to be." his voice is almost a whisper and I'm surprised I actually heard it.

I can feel myself frowning as he meets my eyes again. "Plus, you still owe me that kiss." He smirks and I can't help but laugh loudly as he pulls me into his body once more, gently pressing his lips to mine.