Chapter 20, Spencer's pov

"For fuck sake." I mutter to myself as a knock sounds at the door. Still wrapped in my blankets I climb out of bed. The knock sounds again. "alright, alright! don't break the fucking door down!"

I pull on the door knob half expecting it to open even though I haven't actually unlocked it. I sigh when the odds don't work out in my favour and grab the keys from the stand beside me.

Another knock sounds as I finish unlocking and I almost break the door down myself while opening it. "what the fuck do you want?" I half shout at the woman stood before me.

Her eyes soften as they fill with a sense of hurt. "JJ I-" I stop talking, I've never been one to apologise and I care for JJ, I really do. I just won't say sorry.

She pushes her messy hair over her head and half smiles. She's wearing a baggy green jumper with black skinny jeans and no shoes. I laugh slightly at her bare feet on the tiles of the hall.

"What's up?" I ask.
"Em and Derek are having a little get together later... Rossi is cooking and I've been asked to invite you." she rushes her words and takes a large breath when done.

Morgan did mention something about him and Emily sleeping together a few times, I sure hope she's not pregnant. "Why?" I ask, forcing it out after my prolonged pause.

She fidgets a little before answering. "they're kind of together now and they want to celebrate or something, I don't know." She sighs and brings herself forward to lean on my door frame.

I frown a little and then accept the invitation. If it means I can spend some time with JJ, I'll do it. Of course I don't tell her that though. "Well, Rossi is a great cook and I'm a lazy slob that can't be arsed doing anything for myself."

She stands a little straighter and I swear a smile flashed over her lips for a quarter of a second. "why not?" I say and close the door before she can answer. I know it wasn't the best thing I could have done, but I can't allow myself to be vulnerable around her. My feelings for her were escalating in just them few short minutes. Being rude is the only defence I've got. I don't want to get hurt again.

I drag my feet to the kitchen and put on the kettle. Do I have to dress up for this little 'get together'? If I'm attending with JJ I don't want to look silly while she looks beautiful. Well, JJ could dress in a bin bag and still be beautiful.

The kettle finishes and I make myself a large mug of coffee. I look down at myself still in my plaid pyjama pants and vest top, I bet JJ thought I was a right plonker. I'm gonna have to get dressed, plus I don't know what time we're supposed to going to Derek's so I'm gonna have to ask JJ.

I change into my black skinny jeans, black and white converse and a plain white tshirt. My mum bought me this t shirt last christmas, said it's for when I need to be more casual. I guess now is an ok time to just start wearing it.

I head toward my front door, stopping by the mirror quickly to smoother out my annoying hair and head out.

JJ's door is about three steps from mine, so I guess I didn't really need to put on my shoes. That's probably why JJ didn't put on hers earlier.

I knock on quietly at first, silently praying she doesn't answer because I haven't fully thought about what I'm going to say yet. My prayers go unanswered when JJ's face appears from behind her door... just her face?

"Um, hi, I was just, erm wondering..." I stop for a moment, gathering myself before I speak again. "I was wondering what time we need to be at Derek's for, you didn't mention it before?" she smiles and leans against her own doorway.

When more of her body becomes visable, I realise why she was hiding behind the wood. She's in a towel. "I'm not actually sure, I'll text Emily soon." she stands properly and begins to close the door, but I stick my door in the way. "uh, JJ?" she stops and opens it again.

"Do you, erm, you know... want to go for a coffee?" Her smile brightens and I can't feel the awkward one making it's way on to my face. I rock on my heels a little, waiting for an answer.

"I was just about to jump in the shower, do you want to come in?" she finally replies. I look toward my door and back to an almost naked JJ. "I'll just grab my coat and then come back?" she nods her head and begins to walk inside, this time without closing the door.

"Just walk in when you're ready Spence!" Her voice slowly quietens as she gets further away from me.

I don't even try to fight the smile on my face as I head back to my apartment to get my coat. Instead I let it run wild, reaching from cheek to cheek.

I grab my coat and lock my door behind me, before walking through JJ's. Her apartment smells like vanilla and I can hear the shower running.

I close her door behind me slowly and head into her living room. Her TV is on quietly, the box set of Quantico resting on the coffee table by an empty mug. I pick it up and take it to the kitchen, quickly washing it and placing it on the drain. I don't know how long JJ is going to be, but I sure hope it's not long cause i don't know what to do with my self.

SORRY ITS SHORT!! THANKS FOR READING EVERYONE!!