Chapter 78

"If we're going to do this you have to promise me you won't keep going out and beating people up all of the time?" JJ questions while running her finger in circles along my bare chest.

"I won't... I uh- I need to take a piss." I claim while rushing from the bed to the bathroom. Of course I return fully clothed, I took way too much of a risk taking my shirt off last night. If she would have seen the dilaudid scars- she didn't Spencer, calm down. A voice at the back of my head reassures me and I head back to the bed.

"Have you got plans?" she teases while tugging at the collar of my shirt when I'm lay back beside her, on top of the covers.

"I just thought it was pretty cold." I lie and pull the duvet over her shoulders. "Do you want to do anything today?" I ask and she nods.

"Henry misses you." her voice is slightly quieter, like she didn't want to tell me, but had to.

"We can take him out?" I suggest and she smiles brightly before shuffling closer to me.

"I really wish you didn't put your clothes back on." she smirks and my blood begins to flow to the lower half of my body.

"I guess I'll have to get ready too." she sighs and I arch my brow. Just as she stands, she lets out a small yelp and a smile places itself on my face.

"What's wrong?" I question, even though I already know. She faces me with a playful frown while limping slightly to the wardrobe.

I watch her the whole time. The way her back arcs when she pulls on a tshirt and the way her cream skin reflects the minimal sunlight escaping through the curtains. The way her hair falls over her face as she shimmys into her favourite pair of jeans and how she pulls on odd socks without even noticing. Obviously a trait she's picked up off of me.

She turns to face me again with her messy hair flopping over her flushed cheeks and smiles sweetly before diving back on the bed, squashing me in the process. Her arms wrap around me tightly and she nestles her head in my neck.

"I wish we could always be like this." She says quietly as I run my fingers through her knotted hair.

"We can."

She sighs at my response and kisses my jaw before sitting up again. "Why did you transfer Spencer?" I feel a frown spread over my brows as her eyes scan me face. "Was you really that ready to-" she pauses and I join her sitting up.

She looks down to the white sheets and I lift her head with my thumb and fore finger. "It wasn't that I was ready... it was that I wasn't?" I watch her try to make sense of my words and a smile replaces my frown as her brows furrow in confusion.

"Jennifer, I never wanted to leave you." she lets out a slight whimper as my hand leaves her skin.

"I wish you didn't." She forces a smile, but I know she means what she said. I wish I didn't too, I just know she's so much better off with out me.

"So, Henry?" I question, trying my hardest to get off of the depressing topic.

"His favourite cartoon has just brought out a movie?" she cocks her head and I suggest we take him to see it. Of course she agrees and before I can push the loose strand of hair from my forehead, she is on the phone to Tracy.

***

"Uncle Spence!" Henry releases his hand from Tom's grip and wraps himself tightly around my legs. I look up to find the dickhead frowning deeply in Henry's direction and he pushes himself between JJ and I.

"He hasn't stopped talking about you guys since we got in the car." Tracy smiles. She looks... different? her eyes are rimmed red and both are holding dark bags while one is bruising. Her cheeks are slightly more drawn in than usual, almost like she hasn't been eating and her clothes and off of her body in the most unattractive way. She looks like absolute shit.

My eyes move to Tom who's hand is resting on Tracy's back. Frown lines are painted across his long forehead and his large ears are reddening slightly from the coldness of the outdoors. Apart from his asymmetrical features, Tom looks half decent. A polar opposite to Tracy.

My eyes scan her face again and she quickly ends her conversation with JJ before leaving.

Henry runs straight to the living room as JJ closes the door. "He's beating her?" I ask, already knowing the answer because it's pretty fucking obvious. She nods and sighs at the same time, tears forming in her blue eyes.

"And Herny?" I ask, feeling the anger bubbling in the pit of my stomach. I swear if he's even touched Henry in that kind of way, I'll fucking kill him.

"Oh, no- no, no no." she says it multiple times as if she's trying to convince herself as well as me.

"Jennifer." I place both my hands on her shoulders and she meets my eyes with a year rolling down her cheek. I wipe it before it reaches her nose and she forces a smile. "I swear if he even-"

"He hasn't, Tracy wouldn't allow that." she sniffs and I pull her into a hug. Henry joins us again and the three of us are stood in the hall, all wrapped in each other's arms.

"Ok, enough of the soppy stuff now. Let's go..." I state while letting go of the two blondes. Henry cheers while running to the living room again. "and torture our eyes with this shit." I finish with a smirk and JJ shoves my arm while laughing.

The three of us leave the apartment together and Henry takes hold both our hands, swinging himself onto each curb we meet while walking to the bus stop.

sorry for the short chapter!! I've got a lot planned for the next one 😏😏😏😏