Chapter 47

"What are we doing?" I ask Tobias when I get in the car. He eyes me with the dark balls in his skull and shrugs. "Damien said he'll text me."

His body is now thin, I can tell he's not been eating properly at all. he probably owes Damien money too.

We wait a few minutes in an awkward silence and then my phone chimes. I look down to find a text from Damien and Tobias leans over my shoulder. "Not again." he sighs and I look up to his bony face and he leans back. "Same thing, different guy." he starts the car again and begins to drive.

I read the text message at least 10 times in the space of 30 seconds before I question the drug addict beside me. "Teach him a lesson?"

"Yeah, the bastard hasn't paid Damien for weeks..."

"What do we do?" I know why Damien wants, I've seen him do it before. I just need Tobias to confirm my thoughts.

"Stop acting dumb Reid, you know what we do." he pulls into a parking lot and we both climb out of the car.

Tobias leads the way to a flat on the third floor or a graffiti ridden building. His fist connects with the wood a few times, but we don't get an answer.

"Look, he's probably not in."

"Do you want to tell Damien that?" he asks and kicks the door down.

The place smells like shit and there's garbage all over the ground. Old pizza boxes, beer cans and wet patches that I suspect is his dogs piss.

I pull my jumper over my nose and we step inside. I open a door and behind it is the bathroom, then another and behind that is a room that looks empty. Tobias finds the bedroom and inside is the man we're looking for. "Reid, he's here." he shouts while grabbing the mans collar and pulling him from his bed.

A naked woman screams as Tobias lays into him, each blow more anger filled than the last. I know this isn't just about 'teaching him a lesson'. I stand back, I don't want to get caught up in this shit. I'm not going knocking the living daylights out of a man cause a dealer told me to.

The woman's fear filled eyes meet mine and I know I should tell Tobias to stop, but if I do Damien won't be happy. I won't risk JJ's safety.

Before another thought can even enter my mind, my head is being smashed against the wall. Everything goes momentarily black and Tobias finishes his beating to tend to me.

"You think we weren't expecting you?" a different voice sounds from behind me and the man Tobias was previously hitting laughs.

A foot meets my back and I can't help but grunt in pain.

"Look, it's not us. Damien, he owes Damien money." I hear another laugh and a punch to the nose join it. I groan in pain again and lay still on the floor. If I can have a few seconds to gather myself I might be able to get up and fight back.

"Damien sent us to teach him a lesson." oh my god would he just shut up? I know I don't have time to gather myself now, the way Tobias keeps going if I stay here I'm going to look like the idiot in the bedroom.

I stand to my feet holding my stomach and look at the man that hit me. "If your dickhead of a friend would just pay the damn money he wouldn't be covered in blood right now." My fist connects with his jaw, he falls to the ground and I swear I hear Tobias cheer slightly.

My head rings as I punch him three more times and leave him on the ground, also covered in blood.

We leave the flat and head down the piss stinking stairs to the car.

"I can't believe you did that." Tobias says before starting the car? "Me? you just kicked the shit out of the other man." I hit my attacker four times, that's nothing compared to the beating the other man got.