Chapter 94

"You look fine." Spencer reassures me as I smooth over my dress for the hundredth time while looking in the mirror.

I turn to the side and observe my bloated stomach, I don't have a clue how far gone I am yet, but I'm already beginning to show. Maybe not that bad I mean, it just looks like I've ate a little too much.

"Come on, we're going to be late." He sighs and wraps an arm around my waist.

I turn to face the tall man and his unruly brow hair. His hazel eyes gaze down at my face and a small stubble is present over his top lip.

"Ok." I eventually agree and grab my bag before Spence and I make our way out of the apartment.

We take a cab into town and arrive at the club the engagement party is taking place in, within twenty minutes.

"Hey strangers!" Garcia squeals as she wraps her arms tightly around Spencer and I, pulling us into a three way hug. "What's been going on? Why haven't I seen you guys?" she pouts and drags us by our hands into the club.

"Reid." two older men that I do recognise, but don't quite remember the name of, greet Spencer using his last name as we make our way toward the bar.

The two of us grab a drink, mine non alcoholic of course, and I scan the room looking for Emily.

"I wonder where they are?" I say to Spencer after a few minutes looking. He just shrugs, takes a mouthful of his drink and continues to talk to the older dark haired man.

I scan the room for a second time and find Kate stood by the toilets alone. I climb from my seat and join her, Spencer is no longer acknowledging me being there and I'm pretty bored alone.

"Hi." I speak when I reach the short haired woman.

"Hey JJ." she says while looking up with a smile. "Penelope, uh- Garcia is just using the loo... I'm minding her drink." She holds two glasses in the air and sways slightly before leaning backwards against the wall again.

"You're not drinking?" she asks, obviously observing my empty hands.

"No I uh- I'm looking after Spence tonight." I force a smile as the two of us look in his direction.

He is currently jumping on Derek's back while gulping down a large glass containing a blue drink.

I laugh out loud and Kate joins me. "I'm glad you guys sorted things out again." She smiles politely and Garcia returns from the restroom.

"JJ! where's Juniour G man?" she giggles and Kate rolls her eyes.

"Who, sorry?"

"Reid."

"Oh, he's currently breaking Derek's back." I laugh and point in the direction of the two men. I've never heard anyone call Spencer that before and I begin to wonder how the name arose.

Garcia laughs at the two men before offering me a drink. "Oh, no. I'm ok thanks." I force a smile and she frowns.

"She's looking after Spencer tonight." Kate assures her and Garcia cocks her head.

"As long as you don't get drunk, you can still do your job." She smiles eventually and grabs my arm, pulling me in the direction of the bar.

"No, Garcia- it's fine I-"

"JJ you're not sitting there drinking nothing all night cause you're looking after Spencer. He can look after himself, have some fun!"

"Look, I'm not feeling too good, please I just-" my voice trails off when Garcia frowns again.

"What's going on?" her face fills with worry and her voice with sympathy.

"Nothing, I just don't fancy a drink." I force a smile in an attempt to reassure her and she brushes the whole incident off.

"How are you girls?" Emily chimes as she drunkenly joins us.

She pulls the three of us into a hug before drawing back and taking multiple gulps of her drink.

"I can't believe you're marrying my baby boy!" Garcia squeals loudly and both her and Emily laugh. Kate looks at me with wide eyes and a laugh also leaves my mouth.

"I love you three so much. I'm so happy you moved here." Emily prods the end of my nose and I worry her cheeks may be sore from all of the smiling she's doing.

"I need some air." I claim before leaving the small group and heading for the door. The pounding music is causing a throbbing in my head and the questions about me being sober are beginning to bug me.

When I reach the outdoors a cool breeze spreads over my skin and the ache growing in my head eases as the thin wooden door keeps the music inside.

Spencer's POV:

"It will save money if we have the ceremony at my place."

"Are you sure, I mean will there be room at your house?"

"It's not a house, it's a mansion." Rossi smirks and Morgan joins Hotch laughing.

"Ok, ok." his dark hand reaches for the older mans shoulder and the two of them share a quick hug.

"Where have them girls gotten to?" Morgan says when he pulls from Rossi's embrace and scans the room.

I join him, looking for JJ as he looks for Emily. I haven't seen her since we got here, what if she's alone? It must be hard not drinking when everyone else is.

I catch sight of her blonde head making it's way through the crowd toward the door and without even letting the men behind me know, I leave after her.

I swing open the wooden door and find JJ leaning against the brick wall, her head back and her eyes closed.

"Jayje?" she looks in my direction and forces a smile before standing properly. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Spence." her hair falls over her shoulders as she looks down to her toes then back up to my face. "Just tired."

"Do you want to go home? We can go home, I don't mind." She laughs slightly while reaching for my arm.

"I'll be ok, I don't want to-"

"Jennifer, if you're not feeling good, we can go." I try to keep my voice stern as she rolls her eyes and leans into my chest.

"They think I'm a weirdo." Her body shakes in a small laugh and I lift her chin to see her face.

"You are a weirdo." I tease and she removes herself from my body while pushing me backwards.

"You're even more of a weirdo!" she laughs and I pull her back again.

"Why would they think you're weird?" I run my fingers through her long hair and she shivers under the pad of my finger when it brushes over her shoulder.

"Cause I'm not drinking, they don't know- I don't want to tell them and then-" she stops and looks up at me again.

Her bright eyes reflect the light of the moon and her smile disperses. "You know?" She continues with a worried frown.

"JJ, everything is going to be ok. I promise you." I kiss her softly and feel her smile against my lips. A tingle runs through my body when I realise that if there was anything I could feel for the rest of my life, it would be her smiling as I kiss her.

"Are you completely sure you want to stay?" I ask JJ again and she rolls her eyes.

"One hundred percent."

"Let's get back in there then, it's fucking cold out here." I laugh and she joins me while lacing her fingers through mine.

"Spencer." a mans voice sounds from behind me as a hand grabs my shoulder and JJ and I stop dead on the spot.