Chapter 56

"Henry!" I run into the girls toilets and find him stood in front of a red faced woman.

"I'm sorry!" he shouts. "I didn't know she was-"

"It's ok, it's ok." the woman he obviously opened the door on smiles. She heads over to the sink to wash her hands and I tell Henry to use the toilet quickly seeing as though we're already in here.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know he'd come in here." I state and the woman smiles. I don't know why I apologised, it's actually quite funny.

"It's fine, he's only young." She says while drying her hands and re applying some lipstick.

Henry opens the door to the cubicle he was just in and asks for help with his jammed zipper. I crouch to help him and the ginger woman he opened the door on smiles.

"He's going to be a little heartbreaker." she says and I laugh. Henry frowns at me, then looks to her confused. "I guess he gets his good looks from his daddy?" She jokes and I laugh, completely oblivious to the fact she thinks I'm his father and the fact she's also flirting with me. "How old is he?"

"I'm six." Henry says quickly holding up six fingers, then grabbing my hand.

"Wow, you're a big boy then?" she smiles brightly and Henry tugs on my hand.

"Can we go now?" I whines and I lift him onto my hip. I nod at the woman and she grabs my arms before we leave.

Henry's eyes move straight to her pale skin and he rocks in my arms causing me to grab his back with the free arm the woman had a hold of.

"Maybe I'll see you again?" she asks and Henry's frown grows so deep I can't help but laugh.

"I very much doubt that."

"Oh, I'm sorry... you're still with his mother? I just thought seeing as though you're a little awkward with him you'd split up and now he's visiting?"

"Wait what? He's not my- he's not my son? I'm his uh-"

"Uncle, my uncle Spence." Henry finally smiles and rests his head on my shoulder.

"So you're not-"

"Look lady, I have to go. My girlfriend and his mum are waiting." I feel bad for brushing her off so harshly, but Henry is getting restless.

We leave without collecting the sandwiches and Henry requests to walk again.

"What was that in there mr?" I joke while putting him down.

"She loves you but you love auntie JJ." he chimes and I laugh.

"I'm sure she doesn't love me Henry, but you're right... I do love JJ." I look down at the small boy. Two people have mistaken him for my son in the space of an hour... he doesn't even look like me?

We arrive back at JJ's mums and Henry runs into his mothers arms. I take a seat back beside JJ and she leans into my body.

***

"Spence, can you help me zip up this?" JJ asks me while standing in front of a long mirror. She's wearing a tight black dress that reaches mid way down her thighs. Her hair is twisted into large curls and her makeup is a shade darker than usual.

I finish adjusting my tie and place a hand on JJ's hip while pulling the zip up her back. "This might not be a great time to say this, but I could fuck you right now." I say and pull her close, kissing her neck gently.

"Not today." she states and releases herself from my embrace before leaving the bedroom.

I tuck my shirt into the uncomfortable trousers I'm wearing, ruffle my hair and then also leave the room.

Downstairs Henry is dressed in the same black suit as me with a lightly coloured tie and JJ's cousin is also wearing a black dress, but she doesn't look nearly as beautiful as JJ. Sandy's dress is longer and Tim/Tom I don't know, is dressed similar to Henry and I.

JJ doesn't make much eye contact and we all head out into the garden. Pulled up right in front of the house is a long black car, inside it Jensen's coffin. Some more of JJ's family have arrived at the house, but the rest are meeting us at the church.

JJ, Tracy and Sandy all climb into the car that follows the coffin. "Will you take care of Henry until we get to the church?" Tracy says while leaning out of the car window, I don't know if she asked me or her boyfriend but Henry grabs my hand instantly.

"Uh- sure, I um- I guess so" I stutter and I hear Tracy's boyfriend laugh.

"We'll be fine, if this one finds it as hard to sort out the kid as he does to get his words out, I'm always here." he pats my back and JJ's eyes lock on mine, obviously knowing I'm not at all going to be happy about what the dickhead said. The only thing preventing me from knocking his front teeth out is the fact that JJ is silently begging me not to.

"Thanks Tom. you can take my car." Tracy forces a smile and hands me the keys through the window.

I force a smile before the car drives off and I take Henry to Tracy's car. "C'mon we can try and beat them there." I say walking fast in order to get to the car before dickhead.

Henry follows while still holding my hand and I unlock the car before placing him in the back seat. "I don't like tom." he says quietly while I buckle his seat belt and I laugh.

"Me neither kid, he's a bit of an idiot." I say and Henry laughs with me.

"What's all the happiness about?" Dickhead slaps back again and Henry frowns deeply.

"Nothing." he says bluntly and I laugh again.

"Alright Hen, let's get going." I climb into the drivers seat and tom leans in the window beside me.

"I'll take my own car."

"I know."

"What?" dickhead cocks his head in confusion and I roll up the window, driving off before he can say anything else.

Henry cheers and laughs as Tim's face gets smaller and smaller.