Chapter 52

Spencer's POV

"Spence?" I look up to JJ whose face is glowing under the light of the TV screen. "Should we put him in bed?" She asks and I push my arms beneath his body.

"Careful." she states as I lift him up and pull him close to my chest. JJ opens the door of his bedroom and pulls back his duvet so that I can put him in his bed.

She pulls the covers over his body and kisses his head softly before wrapping her arms around me and looking down at the sleeping boy.

"Maybe we could have our own one day?" She looks up surprised at what I just said and she's definitely not the only one.

I've never really thought about having children, I suppose I've always wanted my own little family... I just didn't know I'd admit it. I had such a hard time growing up and I just want to make sure my child would have the best life possible.

JJ's hand rubs my chest and she looks into my eyes. "We will." she finally answers, kisses my cheek and joins Morgan and Emily back in the living room.

I look down at Henry's small frame and watch him peacefully sleep. His blonde hair covers his pillow and surrounds his face while his tiny hands rest by his head. I pull the duvet right over his shoulders and tuck him in before repeating Jennifer's actions... kissing his forehead and leaving the bedroom.

All of us sit around the coffee table watching a movie, JJ wrapped in my arms and Emily wrapped in Morgans arms. The night passes extremely fast and before I know it Emily and Morgan are leaving.

JJ and I climb into bed and I allow my whole body to just slump on the bed.

"Spence, don't do that. You might break it."

"I'd be more worried about what else could break it." I smirk and she rolls her eyes.

"We have company... not tonight." she climbs in bed next to me, fully clothed in her pyjamas.

"Nasty." I state and she laughs lightly before rolling over to face me.

"You were really good with him today Spence, thank you." She smiles and I reach over to caress her cheek.

"It's ok." I pull her close to me and close my eyes, slowly drifting into a phase of sleep.

***

The next day JJ suggests we take Henry into town and I spend the last of the money I borrowed of Damien on a few toys for Henry to keep at our place.

I have very little money left after spending most of it on the blondes, so JJ payed for dinner at McDonald's.

We take a seat by the wall and I order our food. A happy meal for the little boy and JJ has a chicken burger... starving, I go for the Big Mac and sit with JJ and Henry.

Henry sits and colours some of the pictures provided in a tray by the counter while we wait for our food to come.

I watch as the boy turns over the page so that it's blank and begins to draw three people.

When I look up, JJ is looking at me and smiling contently. "What?" I ask and she laughs. "Stop staring at me."

"I'm not staring, I just looked."

"Bullshit." I state and Henry's head shoots up. My eyes move to him and then I laugh at his facial expression. He's frowning with a scrunched up nose and his hands are balled into little fists.

"You said a bad word again!" he whines and points his finger in my face.

"What's this Henry?" I ask, changing the subject and pulling a green crayon from behind his ear. His face reverts back to his usual smile and he looks up at JJ laughing.