Chapter 72

"So where do you want to go?" Spencer asks when we reach the out doors.

"I thought-"

"I only suggested we go for coffee Jennifer." he says while letting go of my hand and pushing his into his pockets.

Oh.

"I uh- I don't know?" why is he being so- strange?

The cold is harsh and I wrap my arms around my waist in an attempt to keep warm. In Spencer's rush to get out of the apartment I didn't even have time to grab a coat.

He looks at me with a frown and picks up his pace, leaving me to run every few minutes to keep up with him.

It starts to rain and my clothes quickly become soaking wet, yet Spencer continues to walk extremely fast. we don't even know where we're going.

"Spencer." I grab his arm and he turns to face me.

"What?" how is he so oblivious to his own behaviour?

"Why are you walking so fast? you know I can't keep up with you." My voice comes out as a high pitched whine and Spencer smiles.

"You're cold?"

I nod.

"Better warm up then." he grabs my hand again and drags me down the street, both of us running against the strong winds.

I almost fall over and Spencer catches me while laughing loudly. "Falling for me are you?" he smirks and I shove his shoulders. "Hey!" He laughs and pulls me back into his body.

I'm absolutely freezing, but there's just something about being in Spencer's arms that makes me feel warm. I wish things with us were back to how they were before I found out he was getting money off a drug dealer.

When I return from my thoughts Spencer is examining my face with his hazel eyes. He waits for a few seconds before releasing me from his grip and proceeding down the street.

"We could get some breakfast too?" he questions while not even looking at me. I nod, but then realise he can't see my face and speak out loud.

"Ok." my voice comes out as a high pitched croak because my body still hasn't settled from the close proximity of Spencer thirty seconds earlier.

Spencer's POV:

"So a cafe it is then?" I face her and a smile slowly covers my face as I notice her flushed cheeks. I love what I can do to her.

She nods in agreement and I stand still for a few seconds, allowing her to catch up with me.

The rest of the walk is made in silence, but not a bad one. It's the good kind of silence, one that you know doesn't need to be broken because both of us are content in each others company.

We take a seat by the window and I take off my soaked jacket and place it on the radiator behind JJ. Thank fuck it's waterproof otherwise the earlier bath incident would have left my cardigan underneath soaking wet too.

I was so ready to give her what I knew she wanted then, I was desperate to pleasure her... I just couldn't. It would have meant taking my jacket off and that would have meant her seeing my needle scars.

Her hair is all tangled and wet and her wooly jumper looks just the same only a deep red colour. I can see that she's cold, so I buy the coffee almost straight away.

When I return to the table with the coffees she wraps her hands around hers and holds it close to her body. I'm finding it so hard not to just take off my cardigan and hand it to her but I can't.

Two hours and ten minutes pass and JJ has finally warmed up. We're on our second coffee and both of us have half a plate of food in front of us.

"What have you got planned for the rest of the day?" JJ asks while placing her fork on the table.

"I uh- I don't know." I stutter and she smiles.

"Maybe we could invite Derek and Emily round? I- we haven't seen them for a while?"

"Blake and Jake?"

"They could uh... Stay?" her eyes are hopeful and it's going to kill me to tell her no. I just can't sit around watching her with- the bastard still sat in her apartment.

"I'm sorry, I just- I need to get back."

"Why?" the hope in her eyes dissolves.

"I've got things to do." I lie and she frowns.

"Like what? You said you've got nothing else planned?"

Why does she keep pushing?

"I need to see Damien." I state. it's the only thing that will get her of my back, I won't admit I can't see her with Jake, I just wont.

"Oh." her frown deepens and she takes a napkin from the centre of the table to wipe her mouth. Once satisfied her mouth is clean she stands, drops a note on the table and leaves the cafe.

I've fucked everything up again.

"Fuck." I grunt while slamming my fists on the table. The plates, knives, forks and mugs all jump a centimetre, creating a racket when they hi the table again.

"What the fuck are you all staring at?" I question the multiple people staring at me before standing to retrieve my coat.

Hours later I'm in Sean's gym, releasing my anger on his punch bag.

JJ's POV:

When I return to my apartment I'm greeted by two frowning friends.

"Emily?" I question when she stands.

"I thought I'd come and visit you, I didn't know you and Spencer were back to-"

"We're not."

"What?" Alex butts in, obviously surprised by what I just said.

"We're just getting along." I answer both of their questions in one. That's what it is, Spencer never said he wanted to be with me again. Sure we shared a little kiss last night, but that was it.

"Oh." Alex frowns and unpauses the TV. I look to the screen and a smile covers my face. She's watching Quantico.

"I uh- I'm sorry I wasn't here when you came." I say to Emily and she smiles while sitting next to Alex again.

"Don't worry, Blake is good company."

"So you guys have met?" I question and Alex bursts out laughing.

"Not before today, in fact she burst in ere ready to kill me."

Emily sighs and then looks at me again. "I didn't know she wasn't a burglar!"

Short chapter, sorry!! I've got a little bit of writers block and I need to revise for my sociology and psychology mocks this week! for anyone thats on Instagram, you should all go and check out @reid.criminalminds they're doing a fanfiction trailer type edit for sick little games and it's amazing, I love it so much!! Also just in case you guys didn't notice, the reason JJ's favourite box set is called Quantico is because that's what criminal minds was originally meant to be called. Basically she's fangirling about criminal minds with a different name. She also ships jeid, but I guess it wouldn't be called Jeid in her case but yeah hahahahaha I hope you guys like it! I might not be updating for a couple of days now and I'm super sorry!!