Chapter 71

When I wake in the morning Alex is sprawled out beside me, a lot like Emily does whether she's hung over or not. I roll over in the bed and check my phone which is lay on the ground.

It's 10:30 how has time passed so quickly? I sit up in bed and my head begins to pound. "Fuck." I groan and lay back down, Alex stirs in response.

A knock sounds at the bedroom door and I try to say come in but it just comes out as a gargled mixture of letters. "Somebody's hungover."

"Spence?" I sit up again attempting to ignore the pounding in my head and Spencer laughs.

He joins me at the side of the bed and hands me some painkillers and a glass of water. I take them and lay back down again, covering my eyes with my arm.

"You so shouldn't have gotten that drunk." he states and I open my eyes to find him smirking.

"Ugh." I sigh and he laughs again.

"You stay there, I'll run you a bath." he smiles and stands from his crouched position by the bed. Alex stirs again, but she doesn't wake up.

Spencer leaves the room and I finally allow the smile I've been trying so hard to hide run free on my lips. I don't remember much of last night, but I do remember my kiss with Spencer.

I hear the water start up, so I force myself from the safety of my bed and grab a towel. Are you sure you don't want to forget one and let Spencer grab it? My subconscious smirks and I argue with myself over taking her advice. Eventually I decide against it and hobble through the bedroom door to the living room.

Jake is still conked out on the sofa and the TV is on a low volume. When I enter the bathroom Spencer is leaning over the bath water?

"Spence?" I groan and he turns to face me quickly.

"Oh- sorry. I uh, I put your favourite bubble bath in." he smiles while rocking on the balls of his feet.

"Thanks." I try to say a little lighter so he knows I appreciate it and he walks past me.

Just before he closes the door I call his name again and he pokes his head through. "How come you're here?" the question has been swimming my thoughts since he entered my bedroom, I'm sure he left early last night at the bar... to be with his- girlfriend. I sigh out loud and he frowns.

"I just thought- I don't know that maybe we could... go for a coffee?" his eyebrows furrow slightly but his frown stays in it's place.

I don't answer and he forces a smile before leaving the bathroom and closing the door properly.

My whole mood lightens, he actually wants to spend more time with me. A strange noise comes from my mouth and I cover it quickly, slightly embarrassed that Spencer could still be stood outside.

I climb into the hot bath and lay all the way back allowing the water to cover my whole body. I relax into the heat and my hangover and headache slowly ease. I close my eyes and allow the water to cover my ears, Spencer running through my mind the whole five minutes I'm there.

When I open my eyes he's towering over me, I jump slightly and attempt to cover myself up. He smirks and crouches beside the bath. "Sorry, I just came to bring you some coffee." he goes quiet and crosses his legs on the ground, still clutching the mug.

I sit up and lean against the enamel tub, taking the mug from his hands. "Thanks." I smile and take a mouthful from it while observing his battered face. I didn't notice earlier that there's a fairly big cut on his bottom lip, it looks extremely sore like the bruise covering his left eye. I place the mug on the tiled bathroom floor before leaning forward and running my thumb over another cut on his cheek.