Chapter 57

JJ's POV:

When Spencer and I climb from our Tracy's car two days after my fathers funeral, Henry begins to cry.

"Will someone shut that kid up?" Tom almost shouts and Tracy scolds him.

"What's wrong Henry?"

"I don't want them to go." he whines and Spencer laughs.

"Maybe you could stay at our house again some time soon?" he suggests and Henry's tears stop falling.

"Yeah!" he shouts and Spencer reaches through the window to ruffle his bright hair.

I re open the door to kiss him and Tracy goodbye. "I love you!" Henry shouts again as Spencer and I take the three steps to the doors of our apartment building.

"Love you too." I call back and Spencer hold the door open for me. We take the lift and stand in awkward silence for a few seconds.

The past few days my mind has been so full, I've barely spent anytime with, or thinking about Spencer. I don't know what to say.

"How are you feeling?" he breaks the silence as we step out of the elevator.

"Uh, fine I gue-"

"JJ wait." Spencer raises his hand and stops me from walking any further. "Stay there-"

"Spence I-"

"JJ." he grabs my shoulders and looks me in the eye. "Stay here." he tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear and kisses my forehead. When I look up to see why he's ring so protective, I notice our door has been left open and a feeling of worry floods through me.

He pushes the apartment door open slowly and looks at me with a frown before entering.

I leave it a few minutes, but Spencer doesn't return and the apartment is silent.

"Spence?" I call his name while stepping slowly closer to the door. He doesn't answer.

"Spencer?" I call again while pushing the door open, but he still doesn't reply.

Once the door is completely open I find Spencer quickly shoving something into his pocket by the sofa. He looks up with a deep frown and when he sees me it grows even deeper.

"JJ I told you to stay the fuck out side!" he shouts and slams his fist on the coffee table.

"I just- I-"

"I'm sorry." he finishes for me, apologising for his own actions.

"What was it?" I question and he sighs.

"Nothing. Did you leave the door open before we left?"

"I don't know, everything happened so fast I-"

"Jennifer just fucking think!" his voice raises again and I can't feel tears pricking in my eyes.

"Spencer stop!" I shout back. Why is he being so weird?

"Look-"

"Fuck off!" I don't let him finish and to be honest I'm surprised I didn't. I always let him treat and talk to me like rubbish, he has no reason to be like this.

I storm into our bedroom and slam the door shut, leaving him to growl and cuss on his own.

My tears fall as I throw myself on to our bed, finally allowing the emotions of the past week to flow. Everything is going so wrong so fast, I'm going to loose everything.

"JJ." Spencer's knuckles nick on the wood of the door and I hear it slowly creek open through the feathers of the pillow wrapped around my head.

"Just leave me alone." I cry and his footsteps stop at the side of the bed.