Numb and Alone (Edited)

Nikki

  School started back up today and I was sitting on the train heading to Hogwarts. I was alone in the compartment, no one has talked to me since last week. Everyone tried but I ended that quickly.

  “Nikki, talk to me, I’m your brother. You’ve gotten so much better but you won’t talk to anyone. Please, talk to me. I’m worried about you.” Harry said holding my hand.

  I shook my head as the door to my room opened and Ginny walked in, “Harry, my mom wants you.”

  Harry looked up at Ginny and shook his head, “I need to talk to Nikki, tell Molly I’ll be there when I’m done.”

  Ginny looked behind her and shook her head, “She wants you now.” Harry sighed and got up off my bed and left the room. When he was gone Ginny approached my bedside and sat down looking everywhere but at me. “Look, I know you are going through a difficult time, but could you speed up the healing process a little. You’re taking up time with Harry that I could be using to get him interested in me and not Nevaeh. Please, Nikki, get better.”

  She stood up and went by the door right when Harry returned looking confused, “Your mom said she wasn’t looking for me.”

  Ginny smiled and went to leave, “Guess she was looking for someone else, sorry.”

  After she was gone Harry returned sitting by my bed he tried getting me to talk again but I refused. The rest of the day people kept coming in and out trying to talk to me. Everyone but Nevaeh. She was probably the only person I wanted to talk to but she wouldn’t show up. Draco didn’t show up either and seems how I wasn’t talking to no one I couldn’t ask. After half the day was gone and almost everyone had come to see me and try to get me to talk, I was about ready to kill someone. They all wanted me to talk for some selfish reasons.

  I was left alone for once and could hear whispers coming from downstairs through my open door. I was leaning against the doorframe trying to listen in, all I could hear was them talking about me. I sighed and got mad, this was how I use to feel all the time and I welcomed the anger.

  I pushed myself off the doorframe and headed down the stairs for the first time since I woke up. Everyone stopped talking when they heard the creaks of the stairs ringing out through the room letting everyone know, someone was coming down.

  When I finally came into view everyone gasped and smiled until they saw the fire in my eyes. I glared at each one of them in turn, “Leave. Me. Alone!” I screeched coming to a halt at the bottom of the stairs. I went over to Ginny first and got in her face, “You! I don’t care how much you are in love with my brother! Do not tell me I need to talk because you want to gain his affection! It won’t work, he don’t like you!” She opened her mouth to speak but I shook my head and went over to Ron. “You! You don’t need me giving you advice on how to get Hermione to like you. She already does! You’re so stupid if you can’t see that! You don’t need my help!” Ron looked down in guilt and I nodded knowing he wasn’t going to retaliate, he knew he was wrong.