Ethan Found Out... Shit (Edited)

Nevaeh

  My head was spinning. Ethan wanted to see me after school got out so I'm standing by the black lake, where I had supposedly killed myself. I was nervous. Was he going to yell at me for cutting myself? I remember the first time I did it. It was all for show just so people thought I did it. I had pulled the blade over my wrist wincing at a pain that wasn't even there. Once I realized I felt nothing I started to like it. I hadn't told Ron I was going to do it, and by the time he caught me, my whole arm was cut up.

  Now it’s how I live and I wish I never started. I only did because I knew all the pain I was putting people through all because I had to disappear for good. This was the worst thing I have ever done.

  By now I was pacing back and forth trying to figure out what he was going to say to me. This was driving me insane. The worst part was, I had a blade in my pocket I could use. I pulled out the blade and studied it.

  As I was about to drag the blade across my skin someone took the blade from my hand. I looked up and saw Ethan with his black hair falling into his blue eyes. A tear slipped from my eye as I looked at him. I was so afraid to lose him again.

  I took in a breath ready to tell him everything why I did what I did and what I was about to do when he blurted, "I know your little secret."

  I looked at him confused. "What?"

  "I know that you never killed yourself, Nevaeh," he said with pain in his eyes.

  I looked at him with shock. How did he know? "How-Who-What?"

  He looked out to the water running his fingers through his black hair that was so soft. "I overheard Ron say it. To Nikki."

  I nodded. Ron didn't know that Ethan was there. I looked up into his beautiful blue eyes and sighed, "I had to hide, Ethan. It was either pretend to die and be able to come here as a new person, or actually die and never see any of you ever again. I decided I wouldn't risk it and I know it was wrong and I hurt everyone but I didn't see any other way."

  Ethan nodded and then smiled at me, "Ron told me all that. Besides at least now I know the truth that you are alive and I can be with you. Right? And I know not to tell Draco."

  I nodded and smiled. I took his hand in mine and looked out at the water, "I still love you, Ethan. I always did. I couldn't stand you not knowing, not realizing you were telling me everything about me and you didn't know it. It killed me keeping it a secret from you."

  Ethan nodded and smiled down at me, "I love you, too, and now we can be together with no secrets, no lies."

  I nodded and hugged Ethan. We stood like that for a few minutes and I felt safe and secure in his arms. I loved him so much and I loved the feeling of his arms around me. I could feel his heart beating against mine. He was so much taller than me, about a foot taller. He started to rub my back, he only did this once in a while.

  I looked up at him and he smiled down at me. I smiled and then he leaned down and kissed me. It didn't feel like it had felt all the other times before. This one was more real, like after everything that had been held back and hidden was keeping us apart. Now, we're free to be ourselves.

  We pulled apart when we heard giggling coming our way. I turned around and saw that slut Alie hanging all over Draco. She had her shirt all messed up and her skirt was pushed up a little too far up her leg. Her hair was a mess falling on her shoulders from her regular ponytail she wears every day.

  Draco looked just as bad. His hair was more tousled than usual. His shirt was messed up and his jeans were all rumpled.

  Anger coursed through me and I ran at them, leaving Ethan where he stood calling after me, than finally realizing I wasn't going to stop he followed.

  "What have you done to him, you little skank!" I screamed at her.

  She looked at me with shocked angered eyes. After a minute she narrowed her eyes and me, "What's it to you, emo?"

  I flinched at the name and then regained my composer, "Couldn't find any other boy to go screw so you had to screw my bro-" Ethan had finally caught up and pulled me back by my arm right before I could finish my sentence. Thankful I was caught I changed my words, "-my friend?"

  Alie laughed at that but then shook her head, "He's not your friend. Hun, who would ever want to be friends with a stupid, pathetic emo like you?"

  Ethan's grip on my arm tightened and he looked up at Draco, "Control your girlfriend, dude."

  Draco was staring at me, I hadn't noticed his eyes boring into my face the whole time. Draco looked up at Ethan and smirked the signature Malfoy smirk, "Yeah, mate, whatever you say." Draco turned to Alie and glared at her, "Back off, Alie."

  Alie looked up at him confused, her eyes wide, "Why? She's a pathetic little emo, why should I back off?"

  Draco glared at her more and then snapped, "Because she doesn't need to deal with your shit. You either stop it or we're through."

  Alie's eyes widened even more-to the point where they looked like they were going to pop out of her head, "But, Drakey-"

  "No but's." Draco turned to back to Ethan and me and then smiled, "Sorry, she's been like that since Nikki tried to insist my sister was dead this morning."

  Ethan looked at Draco weird and my eyes widened. It was in that moment I understood. Draco had erased the memory of my death. No wonder he seemed happy. I looked up at Ethan and realized he had realized the same thing. "Oh, yeah, do you know why our dear Nevaeh will be back?"

  Draco smiled and shook his head, "Don't know, dude, I miss her but oh well. She's the one that chose to transfer after the beginning of the school year started. I wish I got to say goodbye but oh well. I'll see her for Christmas."

  Ethan looked worried but I looked up at Draco, "What about if she doesn't go home?"

  "I would understand. Nevaeh hated going home, she just did it because I was going home," he said looking down at me with a smile.

  I nodded and then turned to Ethan. "I'm tired I'm going to head to the Gryffindor Common. I'll see you later, okay?"

  Ethan nodded still looking at his best friend. I stood up on my tip toes and gave him a quick peck then took off.

  Why, Draco, why?