Floating in Memories (Edited)

Nikki

  I stood alone, darkness enveloped me. I stood still, looking around, trying to figure out where I was. There was no color. Only darkness. I could see, but there was nothing around me. I started walking.

  Click clack, click clack. Echo.

  I stopped. My footsteps echoed through the air. I continued walking, my breath becoming ragged, echoing around me.

  I stopped, where was I?

  “Hello?” I called

  “Hello?” The echo replied.

  Silence.

  I continued walking, a light appearing just ahead. I covered my eyes as I was surrounded by it.

  I woke up in my bed, scared. How did I end up home? I got up and went to find Remus. I heard a noise coming from Sirius’ room.

  Strange, no one goes in there. I timidly advanced toward the room, cautious of what might be in there.

  I opened the door slowly, so I wouldn’t be seen. The room was left how it always has been, messy. By the dresser sat a little girl with long red hair. She was holding something in her lap, looking at it. I walked up behind her to see what it was and saw the very first picture I ever saw of my real parents.

  Sirius, James, and Lilly. James had his arms wrapped around Lilly holding her and laughing at something Sirius had said. Lilly was looking up at James like he was the world.

  There was a noise behind me and the little girl stood up clutching the picture to her chest.

  “Daddy!

  I saw Remus and looked confused, “Daddy?”

  I looked down at the little girl and was shocked. The little girl was me when I was four years old.

  “Nikkitha, what do you think you’re doing in here?

  “I was curious, Daddy,” The little four year old me said.

  “What is it you got there?” Remus asked her, holding his hand out for the picture.

  The little me clutched the picture tighter to her chest, moving away from Remus. “Mine.”

  Remus sighed and knelt down next to me. “I’m not going to take it from you, I just want to see it.

  “Well, look with your eyes not your hands, Daddy.”