Check It Out!

Check out my new story Kight of the Day! Here is a quick sneak peek:

  Dad was the first murder from this serial killer and I wanted revenge. I was glad that the cops still hadn’t found the bastard, because I wanted to kill him. Before Dad died I was a perfectly normal teenager, going to parties and hanging with friends’ well pass my curfew. Now, I have no friends, I don’t go to parties, and I’m no longer normal. Without my mother knowing, I had signed up for a self-defense class and a fighting class that taught me how to find with whatever I could use. My fists, a stick, knife, even a gun. I now held my own gun license.

  I always kept a gun on me but my mother didn’t know. She was anti-gun use, and if I was caught carrying a gun by her, she would take it away and keep me locked in my room.

  I could hear her now, “Jessica, if I ever catch you using a gun while you are living under my house, I will personally kill you.” Her southern accent would be thick with worry and she would have tears in her eyes. Either because she was scared or because I disappointed her.

  I looked out the window into the dark night. The house was still dark, I haven’t been able to turn a light on since I found my father, too afraid to know what I would find. Mom didn’t have the same issue I did, she didn’t feel safe unless a light was on. I have been flinching away from the lights, hiding when their own. I don’t leave the house unless it’s to go to my classes. Mom understood, she says she hasn’t been the same either since Dad died. Still, she doesn’t understand, she didn’t find him. She didn’t turn on that light to find her dead husband on the floor by yourself with no one else home.

  I tried to convince mom to ask to be on the day shifts at work, but she said they couldn’t do it. She had to be on the night shift. I guess, I’m on my own at night.

  If you want to read more, check it out!