I Wont Stop Fighting Until I Win (Edited)

Nevaeh

  I laid on my temporary bed, having just gained control from Demon. I was breathing hard, tired from struggling to overcome Demon’s power. I closed my eyes, trying to slow my heartbeat and gain my breath back. My heart had just slowed down when the door to my room opened up. I sat up and turned to look who was coming in. I saw it was Draco bringing in food on a silver tray.

  I saw a green apple and instantly jumped up to snatch it away from him. I bit into it and then moaned from the sweet taste of the apple. I looked up at Draco and smiled when I noticed he was smiling.

  “Yummy!” I exclaimed jumping up to hug my brother, “I missed you.”

  Draco laughed and hugged me tighter, “I missed you, too.”

  I pulled away and continued to munch on my apple, “That’s it? That’s all you have to say? It’s not every day your sister gains control over her body,” I joked.

  Draco chuckled, shaking his head at my lame joke, “It is, actually. You seem to be in a good mood.”

  I nodded and turned back to my bed. I sat down on it while I swallowed the piece of apple in my mouth, “So, what’s up, my brother?”

  Draco sighed and came over to sit next to me, “Not much, tired. I haven’t been getting much sleep. My mind wanders and I get nightmares and I wake up not able to go back to sleep. It’s a wonder how I’m still awake. Class is boring without you, Nevaeh.”

  I frowned at my brother, “I can see what I can do about your dreams, but because Nikki and I communicate at night, it’ll be kind of hard. About class, maybe you should sit with the Golden Trio, they are pretty cool.”

  “I don’t need help with the dreams, they’ll go away once you get out of here. As of sitting with Harry and them, Harry won’t even talk to me so I doubt he’d want to sit with me,” Draco said looking at the floor, with his arms crossed across his chest. His face was void of any emotion, but his voice was coated with hurt.

  I wrapped my arm around my brother, holding him, and for the first time in my life I studied my brother. His blond hair that was so close to the same color of my own hair-my natural hair color came back because I hadn’t had the chance to dye it, so it was back to its original blond-was hanging in his face, just reaching his eyes. His normally pale skin was more gray than pale, showing he was stressed. He was growing thin, and had black bags under his eyes showing he wasn’t sleeping much. His jaw was clenched, and from knowing him like I know myself, I knew that was because he was stressed. He was shaking slightly, and if I wasn’t studying him, I would have never noticed.

  His long sleeve gray shirt that normally clung tight to his torso was loose on him, and his blue jeans were hanging off his hips exposing the top of his boxers. It wasn’t like him to look like a bum, so I was shocked to see him wearing his clothes like that.

  I smiled at my brother, concerned for him, “Have you eaten anything today, Draco?”

  Draco looked up at me, and when our gray eyes connected, I noticed his eyes were dull. Draco shook his head and then went back to looking at the floor. “No, not really.”

  My smiled faded, and I felt like a mother when I replied, “And why not?”

  He shrugged and I sighed, getting up off the bed and going over to the tray that he had put on the make shift desk. It was just a few pieces of wood thrown together while in a hurry. I picked of the tuna fish sandwich and ripped it in half and gave him the bigger half. Draco looked at it for a minute then shook his head. I stood there almost towering over him. My brother was about a good foot taller than me, so him sitting down brought him to just about my height. I put my hand on my hips and glared at him, “You are not moving from that spot until you eat that half of the sandwich. It’s not healthy living the way you are, Draco. I’m worried about you. I don’t care how much energy it takes, I will keep Demon down until you eat that sandwich.”