Some Revelations Burn You Too (Edited)

Demon

  Somehow I was pulled back into my mind and I met Nevaeh there. She looked stronger than I felt, with her hair thick and curled, eyes bright with life, clothes fitting her body and none of it hanging off of her. She had a cruel smirk plastered on her face that, had I had any energy left in my body, I would wipe it right off her face.

  “What do you want?” I croaked out. All my energy was gone so it took a lot just to speak.

  Nevaeh laughed, her laugh full of life and carefree, “What do I want? I want you gone.”

  I shook my pounding head as I looked at her,. “No, I meant what do you want right now? Why did you bring me back here?”

  Nevaeh stopped laughing, the smirk coming back onto her face, “I know you told Nikki.”

  I laughed but it sounded scratchy, “So what if I did? She deserved to know who her best friend was.”

 “Everything was fine until you came back!’ Nevaeh screamed.

  “If that’s what you want to call it. Look around you, Nevaeh! You caused more damage than I did! You pretended to die! Aunt Bellatrix attacked you, carving words into your flesh that will never appear on my flesh! Everyone knew you were different from me! They were just too caught up in your web to figure it out!” I screamed at her. Once I was done, I collapsed to the ground breathing hard. It took too much energy to yell at her, but it was all true.

  Nevaeh chuckled at my pathetic appearance, “You were pathetic, Demon! All you did was hide from people! You were shy! You wouldn’t even talk to Harry!”

  I looked up at her, “Now look at who I am. I’m not that pathetic anymore. I was still young when you took over, shoving me into my mind just to get what you wanted! We use to be friends!”

  She laughed, her body morphing into the nightmare she used to be when I was younger. She shrank down to the size I was when I was five. Her hair turning to snakes. Her eyes burning like fire. Her skin turned to scales. Her nails grew to knives. Her teeth grew to razor sharp teeth, ready to tear into fresh meat. She stood over me, this nightmare she was, and laughed.

  “Remember me, Demon! I was never your friend, I was your nightmare! You feared me, so you feared yourself! I bid my time until I could take over you and be the person you should have been!” The thing screamed.

  I stood up on shaky legs and looked down at my old nightmare, “I’m not afraid of you no more! I’m not afraid of myself! You cannot control me!”

  The things smile faded and then it turned back into Nevaeh. She stood tall and smirked, “You think you’re no longer afraid of me? Why don’t we see, hmm? I have more power than you, I have control. I could break Harry, because as far as he knows, I am you.”

  “What was that?” Another voice said.

  I turned to see Nikki and Harry standing there looking at Nevaeh. Nikki was smiling but Harry looked pissed. Nevaeh’s smirk faded as she looked at Harry and then she regained composer, “Harry, you’re here.”

  “What did you just say, Nevaeh?” He asked again, anger in his voice.

  “What was what?” She asked him, her voice shaking from fear of being found out.

  “You said that you were going to break Harry because as far as he knew you were Demon,” Nikki said, a smirk plastered to her face.

  I fed off of Nevaeh’s fear of Harry finding out, to gain strength. I stood tall, taking her strength away, draining her. Her hair started losing its shine, her skin paled, her eyes dulled, and her clothes started to get baggy.