Time to Separate the 'Twins' (Edited)

Dear Pineapple Pals,

  Hey! Guess what! I'm back! Yeah, I'm back, I am back to writing! I uploaded a chapter previously to this one tonight also, figured since I've been gone for a while I would update twice!

  Now, while I was gone I made a few decisions.  One is this story is coming to an end QUICK! I'm planning two more chapters and an epilogue after this one. Sorry, I am sad too. The other decision, and you will hate me for this, I am not writing a sequel. I will write another Harry Potter Fanfic, but I will not write a sequel to this story. As much as I have loved writing about the love and troubles of Nikki, Nevaeh and most recently, Demon. If you have any questions about this story please feel free to email me. I know you must all hate me for saying I am done with this story, but I have been writing it for a year now. I love this story, but all good stories must come to an end, and unfortunately its coming time for this story to end. Please feel free to inbox me with your complaints, just nothing rude please, it’s just as sad for me as it is you, maybe even more. It will be strange not writing this story anymore once I'm finished. I plan to finish the chapter I am currently working on and the other ones while I am on vacation and uploading them as soon as I can, don't want to leave you all hanging, now do I? Maybe. No, I wouldn't do that. This story is as much a part of me as it is for you. I love you all, hope you enjoy the chapter.

Love,

  KyoSilvaria
____________________________________________________________________________

Nikki
  It’s been two months, so it’s the beginning of April now. The snow is gone, the trees are starting to bud, and Hermione’s mixture is done. Nevaeh has more control than Demon lately, so we had to sneak the drink to Nevaeh without her figuring out what it was. Harry, being the confused person he is, started seeing Ginny after they went and hid his potions book after he injured Draco in the boy’s bathroom with a spell he found in the book. Draco was pretty shaken up after that. Demon was trying not to start trouble with Nevaeh, so she kept herself dormant. Draco was more on edge the closer we got to May, which none of us understood.
  Nevaeh was back in her normal classes now that Demon wasn’t a threat to anyone anymore, not that she ever was. Dumbledore had given us permission to try to separate the two girls from each other, and today was the day we would finally do it, and I was the one that had to make sure it would happen.
  Right now, its lunch and Nevaeh was over at the Slytherin table with her brother, who stopped talking to people after the incident with Harry. Harry was all shaken up after it happened. He felt guilty, but every time he went to apologize, Nevaeh would get in the middle and yell at him for harming her brother.
  Hermione had brought the mixture to lunch with her and started talking to me about it. “Make sure she drinks all of it. It’s not a lot to drink but she must drink it all.”
  “How am I supposed to get her to drink it all?” I asked her. By now I was freaking out, afraid I wouldn’t be able to do it. Ever since Harry attacked Draco, Nevaeh hasn’t talked to me.
  “Tell her I made the mixture to dispose of Demon. Tell her it’s supposed to weaken her so that she can destroy her. I’ve made it clear to Nevaeh that I don’t like Demon,” Hermione whispered to me.
  I shook my head, “She knows I wouldn’t allow that.”
  Hermione sighed, “Tell her it’s the tonic I promised to make her.”
  I nodded, “Okay that I can do.”
  Hermione nodded, “Now if this is done right, by tonight Nevaeh will feel sick and then they will pull out of each other. You did warn Demon that tonight it was going to happen, right?”
  I nodded, “I still don’t see why I have to do all this.”
  Hermione laughed, “You’re the only one who can get into Nevaeh’s head to talk to Demon and you’re Nevaeh’s counterpart, she’s going to trust you.”
  “Not that it matters,” I muttered. “Okay, wish me luck,” I said as I stood up heading over to Nevaeh.
  When she saw me coming she sneered, “What do you want, Potter?”
  I smiled at her, even though on the inside I wanted to kill her, “I was sent to deliver this tonic from Hermione. She said that she promised you she’d make it?”
  Nevaeh smiled, “Okay, thanks.”
  I smiled more, “She wanted me to tell you that you have to drink it all, and she wants me to stand by until you drink it all so she knows that it will work.”
  “Okay, that’s fine. So I just have to drink it all?” She asked looking at the mush that was in the cup.
  I nodded, “Yeah, you probably should plug your nose while you drink it.”
  Nevaeh looked up at me, “Okay, that’s probably a good idea. Well,” she said plugging her nose and picking the drink up, “here it goes.”
  As she swallowed it, she made a disgusted face and slammed the cup down. I picked it up and looked inside it to make sure it was all gone. Satisfied that it was I thanked her and then walked away. I sat down at the Gryffindor table and smiled at Hermione, “It’s all set. She drank it all.”
  Hermione smiled, “Good. Now we just have to wait.”

It wasn’t until 8o’clock that night that Draco was looking for Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I with Nevaeh. He had her arm slung over his shoulder, supporting all her weight. She was pale and breathing heavy. Draco knew what was happening, he just didn’t like seeing his sister go through this. Hermione sat next to her telling her it was the side effect of the tonic and that it would pass soon. What Nevaeh didn’t know is that when it would pass there would be two of her, but only one would be her, the other would be Demon.
  It took about an hour before anything started to happen. We all stood in the girl’s bathroom that Moaning Myrtle haunted. Nevaeh was leaning over one of the toilets and threw up before she passed out. We didn’t know how much longer it would be, or what to expect. Hermione said there was only a half hour left, but sent us all away saying she would wake us when they were separated. Not having the stomach anymore after she threw up, I left.
  I paced the Common Room until Hermione came in smiling. “It’s done.”
  I smiled and ran to wake up Harry, and Ron. Draco had stayed to be with his sister, but Hermione made sure he didn’t see any of it. We raced down to the bathroom and found two Nevaeh’s facing each other. I could already tell the difference who was who. Nevaeh stood fully clothed in the clothes she wore earlier, her hair was tangled and she was still slightly pale. Demon on the other hand was naked, completely naked. Her hair was much longer and fuller than Nevaeh’s hair. Her skin was still pale but not as pale as Nevaeh’s was. They were glaring at each other until we walked in.
  “What is the meaning of this?” Nevaeh yelled at us.
  Hermione smiled, “You wanted Demon out of you, and well we did exactly that.”
  Nevaeh roared, “I meant I wanted her dead not a human being like me!”
  I laughed, “It doesn’t matter what you wanted we couldn’t kill her.”
  “I should have known you’d pull a stunt like this!” Nevaeh screamed at me.
  While all this was going on, Harry had shed his robe and covered Demon with it. He stood behind her with his hands on her shoulders and she looked up at him lovingly. I could already tell this was the girl that was truly in love with him and he was truly in love with. They were so cute together.
  Demon looked at me then and smiled, “Thanks for the help. I’m sorry about all the trouble I caused you all, I just didn’t know what else to do. I wanted to hurt her for what she did to me, but I realize now in doing that I was hurting everyone I loved.”
  I smiled and shook my head, “It’s all good, we understand.”
  Nevaeh looked at me, “I will never speak to you ever again!”
  I smiled, “That’s okay, Nevaeh.”
  I walked over to Demon and hugged her, “Welcome back to life. How does it feel?”
  She laughed, “Better now that I’m in my own body with no one else inhabiting my mind.”
  I laughed with her, “That’s the good thing. We shouldn’t have another person in our head, our heads are already confusing enough as it is.”
  She nodded, “Yeah, but if you guys don’t mind, Harry and I need to have a conversation in private. We’ll see you guy’s later, okay?”
  I nodded, “Sure. See you. Oh, and Demon?”
  Demon turned to look at me and I laughed, “What?”
  “Go get some clothes on, okay?” I laughed as I said this.
  Demon blushed and then turned and left with Harry. Nevaeh went to go after her but stumbled and fell to the floor. Hermione was by her side along with Draco helping her up. Hermione looked to Draco and said, “Get her to bed, she’s exhausted.”
  He nodded and then looked to me, “We’ll talk later, okay?”
  I nodded and watch my love and his sister walk away. By this time, I decided it was time for bed.

In the morning we all went up to Dumbledore’s office to decide what house Demon was going to be placed in and what the story about her and Nevaeh would be. Nevaeh was still pissed at us, and she made that clear to Dumbledore, who just kind of ignored her.
  “What do you think the story should be, Demon?” Dumbledore asked her.
  Demon thought about it and shrugged, “Anything but the truth. Nevaeh and I may not get along, but I don’t want either one of us being marked as the evil one.”
  Dumbledore nodded and then smiled, “Okay, how about you two are cousins that look alike.”
  “Yeah, but we don’t get along,” Nevaeh snapped. Draco glared at her and she cringed.
  “What do you think about all this, Mr. Malfoy?” Dumbledore asked Draco.
  Draco looked between Demon and Nevaeh and sighed, “I don’t know. I’m tempted to say they were switched at birth. That Nevaeh isn’t really my sister but Demon is. After all it was Demon I was born with. Nevaeh was just a tag along.”
  “Actually, I’m the product of what the Dark Lord wanted.” Nevaeh replied. “When he created Demon, I was created because there was an unbalance in good and evil.”
  “Yes,” Demon started, “but you were supposed to stay inside my head and not live my life!”
  Nevaeh smiled, “You weren’t doing a good job in living.”
  Demon shook her head, “I’ll be Draco’s sister that was switched at birth with her cousin who happened to be a girl and looked like me.”
  Dumbledore nodded and then motioned for Demon to take a seat and set the Sorting Hat on her. It took a few minutes before he yelled, “GRYFFENDOR!”
  Harry and I cheered, while Draco looked upset. “Sorry, Drake, I didn’t know what it would put me in.”
  Draco shook his head and smiled, “I’m okay, Demon. It’s all good.”
  Demon smiled and then took Harry’s hand. “I’m just happy that we’re all finally together again with a plus one.” Demon said indicating Nevaeh.
  We went to leave until Dumbledore stopped Harry, “Yes, sir?”
  “Would you mind staying behind for a few minutes, we have some things to discuss.” Dumbledore ask.
  Harry nodded and sent us on our way. When we left the room I had a bad feeling about what was going to happen.