Nevaeh's Dead! (Edited)

Nikki

I woke up to a bright beautiful morning. I sat up and stretched not having a single care in the world. That's when Draco and Ethan barged into the room. Draco was crying and Ethan was just about there. I looked at the clock on my nightstand and saw it was 1:30 PM. I got up and looked at the boys confused.

"What's wrong?"

Ethan gasped and then said all at once, "Nevaeh. She's-she's-"

I looked at them still confused. Something bad must have happened again. I was worried that Nevaeh had collapsed and didn't have a chance to make it this time. That's when Draco gasped out quickly, "Nevaeh's dead!"

I looked between the two boys confused. They must be playing a joke on me, there was no way what they said was true. Of course, why would Draco lie about that? Why would they play such a cruel joke on me like this? Death was not something you joked about, especially when the person the joke is about is constantly surrounded by death.

I glared at the two boys waiting for one to start laughing, but neither did. My expression slowly changed to one of realization. I shook my head and put my hand over my mouth, "What did you just say?" For some reason I needed to hear it one last time. I need the words to be spoken aloud again so I could understand what had just transpired.

Draco tried to talk but he shook his head and turned away from me, chocking on the words themselves. Ethen finally caught his breath and wiped at his eye as he repeated the same small two worded sentence that Draco had said only a minute before, "Nevaeh's dead."

I gasped and stumbled backwards and landed on my bed. I put my hand over my mouth and started to cry. I looked at the boys and asked softly, "How?"

Draco started crying harder and fell to the floor. "She jumped."

I was confused by this so I look at Ethan. "What do you mean she jumped?"

Ethan started crying and said slowly, "She and Draco went for a walk and she told him her time here was up. She was in too much pain and if she continued living longer she would just die slower and in more pain. They were at the highest cliff over the black lake and-and she jumped! She jumped into the black lake and she didn't come back up. I watched it all. Draco tried to jump in after her but I quickly grabbed him knowing we would lose him too and there was no chance of saving her. She never came back up!"

I looked down at the floor and cried harder. This was just too horrible. She committed suicide because she was in so much pain. She had everything she wanted but nothing would be able to take away the pain that she had. I couldn't believe Nevaeh took her own life.

I stood up and embraced the guys and then left. I needed to find Harry. I didn't know if he knew what had happened but if he did I needed to be there for him. I saw Ron and went to him. He saw the tears in my eyes and pulled me to him. I figured he didn't know because he wasn't crying so I looked up at him and said, "Nevaeh... She's dead."

Ron nodded, "I know."

I pulled back and looked at him confused, "Why aren't you crying?"

Ron shrugged and then said, "I need to be there for my friends. My tears can wait for the funeral but right now my friends need me."

I nodded understanding and hugged him. I couldn't believe she was gone.

News of her suicide went through the school fast. Everyone that knew her was crying even the teachers. I swear at dinner I saw Snape even shed a tear for her. It made sense she was in a way like the daughter he never had. Dumbledore had stood up and gave a speech about Nevaeh but I didn't listen I felt numb. Yeah she and I had fights but still it hurt to know that she was gone.