Sneak Preview: To Hate or To Love (Edited)

Hey Pineapple Pals,

Like I promised, here is my sneak peek at my new story To Hate or To Love. Here is a quick summery for the story:

Some people tell stories of Kings and Queens, Princes and Princesses, love at first sight to their kids. My parents did the opposite, told me stories about death and hate. They drilled into me at a young age that love at first sight did not exist, that was something that only existed in fairy tales and to be a Shadowhunter I needed to tell what’s real and what belongs in children’s books.

  When Chris first told me he loved me, everything I learned started to be put to question. Did love even exist? Or was it just something you read about in books? I was so torn. Did Chris love me? Did I love him? Love seemed like an impossible thing and so many questions were left unspoken and unanswered.

  I knew I felt something for him, but I didn’t know what it was. I’ve never thought about how I felt for him, nor how he felt for me.

Okay, had to update the summery because this summery sounded much better than the last one. Now here is a sneak preview of To Hate or To Love

Chris

  “Rachel!” Rebbecca gasped taking a step back. Rebbecca wasn’t afraid of Rachel, in fact Rachel was afraid of Rebbecca. Rebbecca didn’t like people scaring her, for reasons she refused to tell anyone. “Don’t scare me like that, you idiot! You know I don’t like it!”

  Rachel flinched away from her best friend, “Sorry, Becca, didn’t mean too.”

  Rachel was short with dark brown hair that was cut in a pixie style. She had a heart-shaped face, and full lips. She was tan with green deep set eyes. She wore a black tee shirt that had a V-neck that plunged too far down exposing most of her chest. She wore tight skinny jeans that emphasized her behind, with black stilettos on her feet. She wasn’t ugly, but she wasn’t what you would call beautiful either. At least not to me. She dated many guys, but most of them only dated her for what she would give them. I wasn’t into that.

  Rebbecca nodded and turned back to face me and Ari. Ari glared at Rachel and then took my hand in hers. I looked down shocked but she looked up at me with her knowing smile. I tried to think if someone had told Ari about Rachel and Rebbecca claiming we were a couple but couldn’t remember. She turned back to Rebbecca and Rachel, laughed and said, “Hi, I’m Ariana, you are?”

  Rachel turned to Ari and me and replied, “Rachel. Why are you holding his hand you little skank?”

  Ari threw her head back laughing and put her other hand on my shoulder and said, “Chris, here, is my boyfriend. We’ve been dating for a couple months now.”

  Rebbecca smiled and turned to Rachel, “Its Ari, Rach, the Ari. The one Christy is always talking about.”

  Rachel narrowed her eyes at Ari and then smirked, “Why on earth would Chris want to date someone as ugly as you.”

  Ari went to reply but I cut her off, “She is not ugly, Rachel, she’s gorgeous, and she’s not a skank.”

  Rachel scoffed, trying to flip her hair but failed. I laughed and she glared at me, rolling her eyes. “Whatever, but I still think you could do so much better, Chris.”

  I laughed, clutching Ari closer to me, “I suppose you think you’re a step up from Ari? Please! You depend on a guy to be there, to help you up when you fall. That’s not my type. I like girls that can hold themselves up without needing someone else. Someone strong in emotion and in strength. You are nothing like Ari.”