What Happens in Hogwarts, Stays with Everyone (Edited)

Nikki

  It had been two months since Nevaeh died and the new girl started school here at Hogwarts. It was now November and things were boring. Ethan got over Nevaeh pretty fast, he’s now dating the new girl who acts way too much like Nevaeh. He is such a douche. Anyway, ever since Nevaeh’s death Draco and I hadn’t stopped wearing black, we were still mourning her. I wore my hair up in a messy bun with a black clip holding my hair in place. My bangs fell into my face the same way Nevaeh sometimes wore her hair. I had black eye shadow and mascara on, along with black nail polish. On my hand I had black lace fingerless gloves.

 Ethan and that she-witch had been dating for a month now and I was heading to the Great Hall for lunch. Ethan said he only dated the bitch because she reminded him of Nevaeh but that isn’t any excuse as to why he was dating her after such a short time after Nevaeh had died. Oh, he just pissed me off. Everyone said that I was turning emo and I needed to hang out with River (damn she-witch) because we would get along so much. Yeah, right. The bitch reminded a lot of people of Nevaeh and that's why her brother and I avoid her so much.

  I had just gotten to the Great Hall and walked in. I sat next to my brother and waited for Draco. We normally didn’t eat in the Great Hall. Ever since Nevaeh’s death we’ve been leaving campus to go eat by ourselves. Of course we had permission, the school understood we were close to Nevaeh. Well, more Draco than I was but they knew that Draco needed someone there for him and seems how we were close, well, the allowed me to be his support. I turned and looked for Draco seeing him walk out the doors and run into someone. I cocked my head to one side. Who was it, and why was he leaving without me?

  He closed the door and I stood following after him. I opened the door the tinniest to hear talking.

  "I don't mean about that. I mean yeah, I'm sorry I ran into you, but what I mean is I'm sorry I've been avoiding you. It's nothing to do with you, it's just. You remind me so much of my sister and... I'm sorry it's just taking every part of me not to break down crying every time I see you," I heard Draco say.

  It was silent for a moment before someone replied, "It’s okay. I don't expect you to be over the death of your sister. It hasn't been that long. From what I've heard she was an amazing person." I recognized the voice as River, and gasped.

  It went silent and I opened the door more and peeked out seeing River hugging him. I wanted to bitch slap her so bad but I knew I had to keep quiet. I could hear he was sobbing and his shoulders were shaking. I didn’t want to interrupt his healing process but I knew how bad he hurt.

  Once he was done crying he pulled away from her and shook his head, "I'm sorry, I kept you from getting lunch and meeting up with Ethan."

  She shook her head and smiled at him. "Oh, it's nothing. Ethan will understand. He knows how I am. Besides if he doesn't then he doesn’t know me."

  Draco nodded and turned on his heels. He stopped halfway down the corridor when he turned back to her real quick saying, "Thanks." Then he was gone.

  I waited for her to get into the Great Hall before I chased after Draco.

_______________________________________________________________________

Sorry about the short chapter. It was a rewrite so I didn't add much into it.