Draco's Engaged? (Edited)

Nikki

  Dinner and a show? Swell. Tonight’s entertainment... Nevaeh and Hermione fighting over a green apple. Come on, really? Why fight over a stupid apple? Well this is Nevaeh we're talking about.

  After my talking with Nevaeh I returned quite upset. I sat down grumbling under my breath how stupid and dull that girl is. I gave Draco a death glare and spat, "Message delivered. Dumb blond doesn’t care." He shook his head at me and continued eating as I mumbled my revenge I was going to get on him later.

  Not long after that, Ron sat down next to me and I glared at him. He scooted away from me and gave a small smile. I continued to glare at him until he started shoving food into his big mouth. I looked at him with disgust then went back to eating my own food until I heard Nevaeh's stupid voice.

  "Give me the apple, Hermione!"

  I looked up and saw the two girls fighting over something green. I looked at Draco and whispered to him, "What in the world is your sister doing?"

  Draco laughed and replied, "Hermione must have the last green apple. Normal Nevaeh for you. She should just be lucky it’s not apple juice."

  I looked at him, one eyebrow raised, "What?

  He looked at me and laughed at my expression, "My sister is crazier about apple juice than she is about green apples. You buy a gallon of apple juice half of it will be gone the first twenty minutes. If you touch it she'll go into a fit you don't want to see."

  I shook my head, "Your sister's insane."

  He nodded and then I heard Nevaeh's voice stop. I looked up expecting to see Nevaeh munching on the apple but saw something different. A guy was standing in front of them. I couldn't see him but judging by the stupid looks on both of the girl’s faces the guy was hot.

  I watched as Hermione nodded and then the look on Nevaeh's face returned to normal. She stood up and started trying to get the apple from him until he took a bite out of it. "No!" She shrieked.

  Draco stood up and walked toward them and I followed his movement. He stopped and they all started talking. I looked down at my food and finished what was on my plate then stood up, not wanting to be here any longer. I watched as Harry stood up and Nevaeh turned to him with a harsh expression on her face. I could see the hurt on Harry's face with every word Nevaeh said.

  At first I was going to approach them and forget why I was leaving, but I shook my head and left the Great Hall.

  Somehow I managed to get lost, but I found my way back to the Slytherin House. I went in after mumbling the password and sat down on the green couch. I curled up in a ball and let my red hair fall in my face as I leaned my head forward to rest on my knees.

  I closed my eyes and thought about Fred. The way his eyes would always look into mine right before he kissed me. The way his fiery red hair blew in the wind. The way he would smile even if it was just us.

  I smiled and let tears fall from my eyes. As much as I wanted to be with Draco, I did truly love Fred. He was sweet to me even though I'm not a sweet person. He didn't judge me at all.

  I looked up and was startled to see Draco sitting next to me.

  "Finally you wake up."

  I looked at him puzzled. I didn't fall asleep. I dropped my feet and stretched. "I wasn't asleep."

  He looked at me like I was being stupid, "I've been sitting here for ten minutes saying your name. All you did was mumble something and that's it. You were asleep, Nikki."

  "Huh," I said a little confused, "I didn't know that."

  Draco laughed and then looked at me. "So..."

  I looked at him and blurted out, "I have a boyfriend."

  I looked at the clock on the wall and started cursing at myself. Why the fuck did I just say that? Bright move, Nikki, now he thinks you’re over him.

  He chuckled and said, "Well, good to see you're over me. The news won’t bother you then."

  I looked at him confused once again, "What do mean? What news?"

  "Well," he said stretching his arms out, "I'm engaged."

  "What!" I shouted. "But-what-huh?" I spluttered out not caring that I was probably over reacting. I also didn’t care that I most likely sounded like a blubbering idiot, but I was extremely in shock with this. Who was Draco engaged to? How long has he been engaged to this person? Why is he telling me this now? So many questions were running through my mind it was getting confusing being inside my own head.

  He laughed and said, "Yeah. I'm engaged. Arranged marriage. No choice. Yep I think that covers it."

  "To who?" I asked trying to settle back into the couch, and trying so hard to sound uninterested.

  "Can't say."

  "What!"

  I pushed him and he replied, "Yeah, and Nevaeh is, too."

  "What?" I gasped, "What about my brother-why she-she's so-" I couldn't finish my sentence.

  He chuckled again, "She doesn't know. It's not going to be announced until next weekend."

  "To who?"

  He looked away and said, "The new kid, Ethan."

  I looked at him shocked. "You mean the one that took her apple?"

  He nodded and then looked at me, "its tradition. Once a Malfoy reaches the age of sixteen they have to be engaged to be marry once the leave school."

  "So... Long engagement? Which means it could always be called off?" I said hopefully.

  "Well, long yes. Called off... No," he said after a minute.

  I sighed, "Nice to know."

  He nodded and then said, "Well, I'm going to bed. Night."

  "Night." I mumbled.

  I feel bad for Harry. So who will feel bad for me?